Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Doctor Who

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television

Doctor Who

Old 07-09-2014, 20:56   #31
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Re: Doctor Who : Season 8

Another great episode. This series is really shaping up to be the best yet.

Next weeks sounds really interesting and having read the script should be really great.
Old 07-09-2014, 22:56   #32
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilli-theclaw View Post
Last night's was the first one I liked from this series.
Ditto, I really liked this one.

Even though I love the Daleks, I thought last weeks was a bit "meh" at best, last nights was much better.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 16:55   #33
Mick Fisher
Inactive

Services: Sky Unlimited FibrePro Sky Talk Sky+HD
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array

Well I did watch it in the end.

Once I got over the "Oh no, not Robin Hood again" moment and it got going, I have to say I quite enjoyed it.

Definately the best Ep and Capaldi's best performance so far.

Why was Robin and his merry men so "camp"? Am I missing a trick here? I thought I had it figured out but right at the end Maid Marion shows up and my theory went down in flames
Mick Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 18:12   #34
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Robin Hood is camp. See the Erroll Flynn movies. BBC version. Was also pretty camp.
Old 08-09-2014, 19:55   #35
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Having just finished watching all the episodes since the reboot it is clear that all the actors take a few episodes to find their feet and develop the character Capaldi will be no different ,a slow start but getting better
Old 14-09-2014, 17:20   #36
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Another great performance from Capaldi. Fast becoming my fav Doctor since the comeback.

Although seems Moffat is making Clara the most important companion ever. She told him to choose that TARDIS. She now is the reason for the scary hand under the bed too.
Old 14-09-2014, 22:21   #37
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

It was very good.

Started very good, it's amazing how scary someone under a blanket can be.

Got a bit " meh" at the end, but Capaldi is captivating as the Doctor. Good times ahead.......with the right material.
Old 14-09-2014, 22:30   #38
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

The most boring and tedious episode I've ever seen. I'm really hoping it gets better than this, Capaldi showed promise to begin with but I'm having a tough time seeing him fit the role.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2014, 16:34   #39
Mick Fisher
Inactive

Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
The most boring and tedious episode I've ever seen. I'm really hoping it gets better than this, Capaldi showed promise to begin with but I'm having a tough time seeing him fit the role.
^ This!
Old 15-09-2014, 16:57   #40
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Another great performance from Capaldi. Fast becoming my fav Doctor since the comeback.

Although seems Moffat is making Clara the most important companion ever. She told him to choose that TARDIS. She now is the reason for the scary hand under the bed too.
I would agree with that and say that it is a mistake ,it seems to me that the Doctor is taking somewhat of a back seat to Clara
Old 16-09-2014, 13:28   #41
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

I didnt find it boring or tedious, but a bit confusing in places. Did Orson know who Clara was ? (assuming she actually is his great grandmother).

Old 22-09-2014, 17:06   #42
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

So, another somewhat confusing episode.

I hope this isnt a trend, I could not follow what the hell was going on for part of this.

Old 22-09-2014, 19:11   #43
Mick Fisher
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
So, another somewhat confusing episode. I hope this isnt a trend, I could not follow what the hell was going on for part of this.
I gave it 20 minutes before deleting it and cancelling the series link.

From its peak with Tennant's Doctor and Rose Tyler it has now degraded to incomprehensible garbage and seems to be purely an ego trip for the writers who try to outdo each other in the incomprehensibility stakes each week.

Anyway no more Saturday masochism for me.
Old 22-09-2014, 19:22   #44
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Oh well each to their own.

I've been totally loving them all and think it's the best series in a good few years.
Old 22-09-2014, 20:03   #45
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

All loved it in our house ...
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote