Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | New TV Apps from December 7th

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

New TV Apps from December 7th

Old 08-12-2017, 13:21   #46
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts
Re: New TV Apps from December 7th

Just downloaded the TV app for windows working as intended
Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 08-12-2017, 15:30   #47
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light

A bit of false advertising here:

Side-by-side, in another room, or on the go. Set entertainment free with the Virgin TV Go app and enjoy live channels, Catch Up and On Demand on your mobile or tablet wherever there’s WiFi, 3G or 4G in the UK.

http://www.virginmedia.com/shop/tv.html

Virgin TV Go includes live channels and On Demand box sets, but it does not (at least yet) include Catch Up.
SonicMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 15:31   #48
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
What happens then the apps change? Do we get all two "asset changes" back? I've got my mums ipad sorted and my iphone currently as the two devices.

If we just get the "1 a month" changes and its still just 1 change this month it means i'll need to get my mums ipad sorted first and then wait next month to do my phone?
IYA

since no one bothered to reply and i felt really massively unpopular - i can announce everything has been reset so you can pick your two devices

Please mediaboy or denphone or friends reply to me in future a i was crushed with no reply for 2 days....it was a good question too!
vincerooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 15:41   #49
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

A bit OT, but what does "IYA" mean?
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 15:49   #50
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysabear View Post
The windows 10 app stopped working on my PC after a while, so stupidly I did what I would do on android , delete the app and reinstall. Well all seemed ok it works until I try to stream something, message appears your maximum number of devices has been reached, even though I am using the same computer and when I check my devices it says my computer is registered. Lesson learnt.
Pleased to say that when I contacted Virginmedia, I spoke to two nice guys who fixed my problem, took a while, still some teething problems, well done guys.
alwaysabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 16:39   #51
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicMaster View Post
A bit of false advertising here:

Side-by-side, in another room, or on the go. Set entertainment free with the Virgin TV Go app and enjoy live channels, Catch Up and On Demand on your mobile or tablet wherever there’s WiFi, 3G or 4G in the UK.

http://www.virginmedia.com/shop/tv.html

Virgin TV Go includes live channels and On Demand box sets, but it does not (at least yet) include Catch Up.
It does have catch up content for channels such as Sky, Fox etc.

It doesn't have Catch Up from BBC, ITV etc as they are available within their own apps.
Old 08-12-2017, 17:55   #52
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

The new TV guide seems to have removed all the +1 channels
Old 08-12-2017, 17:56   #53
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin-D View Post
The new TV guide seems to have removed all the +1 channels
The TV Go app only has the channels you can stream, so that doesn't include the +1s

TV Control will have the full EPG as that's used for recordings
Old 08-12-2017, 18:53   #54
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
The TV Go app only has the channels you can stream, so that doesn't include the +1s

It's the one online it had all the +1 channels before it all changed yesterday

https://virgintvgo.virginmedia.com/en/tv-guide.html
Old 08-12-2017, 18:54   #55
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Yes, but the answer is still the same.

The TV Guide that's online is part TV Go i.e. streaming only.
Old 10-12-2017, 12:48   #56
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin-D View Post
It's the one online it had all the +1 channels before it all changed yesterday

https://virgintvgo.virginmedia.com/en/tv-guide.html
It's shocking really that VM no longer offers a full TV Guide on it's website, people will have to use the Sky TV Guide or websites like the Radio Times if they want full listings now!

---------- Post added at 11:28 ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 ----------

Quote:
It does have catch up content for channels such as Sky, Fox etc.

It doesn't have Catch Up from BBC, ITV etc as they are available within their own apps.
I see Live TV and Box Sets but no Catch Up. The version of Virgin TV Go in Ireland has a specific Catch Up section so I don't get why don't.

---------- Post added at 11:48 ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 ----------

Quote:

Bizarrely it does include the +1s for Channel 4 and More 4, either include all of them or none of them.
Old 10-12-2017, 13:15   #57
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicMaster View Post
It's shocking really that VM no longer offers a full TV Guide on it's website, people will have to use the Sky TV Guide or websites like the Radio Times if they want full listings now!

---------- Post added at 11:28 ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 ----------

I see Live TV and Box Sets but no Catch Up. The version of Virgin TV Go in Ireland has a specific Catch Up section so I don't get why don't.

---------- Post added at 11:48 ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 ----------

Bizarrely it does include the +1s for Channel 4 and More 4, either include all of them or none of them.
Surely you can see the full 'what's on' for all channels via the EPG - added bonus on VM is you get a full 2 weeks listings, unlike sky, freeview, radio times etc

Don't see why you need an app for this unless you are away from home.
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 13:37   #58
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
Surely you can see the full 'what's on' for all channels via the EPG - added bonus on VM is you get a full 2 weeks listings, unlike sky, freeview, radio times etc

Radio Times tends to give 12/13/14 days. Eg 22nd Dec at this moment.
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 14:41   #59
SonicMaster
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post

A lot of people like to be able to browse TV listings on their PC, and to be able to set recordings. We had this function with the TV Anywhere website and now we don't.
Old 10-12-2017, 17:48   #60
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
Radio Times tends to give 12/13/14 days. Eg 22nd Dec at this moment.
That's only because it's the Christmas period. Normally, we wouldn't see the 22nd until next Tuesday.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote