Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Crisis in the NHS

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Crisis in the NHS

Old 04-02-2017, 00:01   #181
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: Crisis in the NHS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis View Post
Well they have to fund the bargain basement upcoming tax policy somehow.

When people vote for low taxes what do you expect?

---------- Post added at 18:14 ---------- Previous post was at 18:04 ----------

You are correct to a point, the NHS has 2 problems, a combination of bad management and under funding. A good way to check how well funded it is, is to compare the funding per adult to france, germany and even america, we are behind all of them significantly.

On the management side I think a lot of issues are down to employees, particularly the skilled ones like GPs, consultants etc. been used to current very good employment terms and as such resisting more realistic terms.

e.g. my GP only see's patients 3 days a week, what is she doing on the other days? other GPs around here are commonly the same, not often available 5 days a week. At my old GP surgery where it was pretty much impossible to see a full time non locum GP, I was surprised to find one of the GPs who worked there at my DLA tribunal about 4 years back. So that explains what that GP was doing instead of seeing patients. I think a lot of doctors, do private work alongside their NHS work to maximise their earnings, the issue I have is this compromises their availability for NHS work which is why I think any doctor employed by the NHS should agree to doing no private work.

There is also a lot of hidden information which to some people may be a wake up call, e.g. in some areas a GP refferal has to be vetted by a middle man department to get the referrals approved, a cost management exercise. Many GPs have limitations on referrals they can carry out per financial year, again a cost management exercise. Many people do not get the support they need to lead better quality of lives as a result of the NHS not been able to cope.

This varies heavily from area to area which is why some people find it hard to understand how bad it is, e.g. my sister can ring her GP surgery at 1pm and get an appointment the same afternoon, my surgery opens its phone lines at 7.45am and by 7.55am the appointments are gone for the entire day. They allow advanced appointments to be made up to 2 weeks ahead, but 90% of the time there is none available. If you ring and say its urgent they tell you to goto A&E which is actually against NHS guidelines to try and reduce load on A&E departments. Once an ambulance took me to my GP surgery after I was refused an appointment due to lack of slot, and they had claimed there was no such thing as emergency appointments, the surgery manager was embarrassed when the paramedic explained the obligations they have to fullfill with everyone in the waiting room listening. They of course never changed their policy tho.
But France fund their Health Service with a combination of Tax and Private insurance...

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...his-is-the-nhs

Quote:
Under France’s state-run equivalent of the NHS, the majority of patients must pay the doctor or practitioner upfront. The state then reimburses them in part or in full. The patient has freedom to choose which doctor or service to visit.

All health transactions centre on a smartcard, the Carte Vitale. A GP visit costs €23 (£17), the Carte Vitale is swiped and the money is paid back into the patient’s bank account within five days. In general, the state reimbursement rate is between 70% and 100%. The poorest people and the long-term sick are covered 100%.

Most people are signed up to a mutuelle, a semi-private insurance body, often related to their job, which tops up the remaining amount to be paid. If a patient is taken to the emergency department of a hospital, for example, they would provide their Carte Vitale, and depending on the health issue, could be reimbursed fully by the state. However, from November 2017 doctors such as GPs will have to waive the upfront fees for all patients, and instead the state and the mutuelle companies will pay doctors direct. At pharmacies, the patient pays upfront but swipes their Carte Vitale. A large number of prescribed medicines are reimbursed between 15% and 100%.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 04-02-2017, 03:08   #182
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze

One could argue the UK needs to do the same if it is not prepared to increase public spending to fix the shortfall then we could adopt the french policy of making it income dependent, a good friend of mine told me of some of the better things about the french health system, e.g. in the UK if you need an X ray, you get sent to the hospital to have one, in France they have X ray machines at the GP surgery, thats just plain common sense, it makes things faster and more efficient.

To me I would adopt the following to improve workload on the system.

Grant extra powers to pharmacists to issue prescriptions.
Make some drugs not require a prescription when used in low dosage. So e.g. antibiotics, you can get issued one set without prescription per year, more require prescription which can be issued by either GP or pharmacist.
Implement more stuff to be carried out at GP surgery, such as X rays.
GPs open 7 days a week and 12 hours a day.
Ban doctors from doing private work if they wish to pull in a NHS salary.
Let HC1 cert owners reclaim travel costs to see GP (currently they dont). This can reduce home visits required.
Add video conference facilities. To reduce people needing to attend surgery for physical examinations.
Add email contact mechanism between patients and their GP, a GP can take 1 minute to respond to single query over email vs allocating a 5-10 min booking slot for someone to come in to ask the same question.

There is more but these I thought of off the top of my head quite easily.

Last edited by Chrysalis; 04-02-2017 at 03:16.
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 03:36   #183
RizzyKing

Doing half of that would create more opportunities for fraud and misuse and we would have a lot of doctors and medical staff leaving so not really practical. The NHS should have one central purchasing organisation that then distributes to the NHS facilities that way the massive buying power of the NHS could best be used and would provide valuable data to finetune patient care. The only thing you said i agree with is that whilst receiving a salary from the NHS they should be the only organisation they work for. I'd increase state support for nurse training with a clause that they serve a minimum of ten years in the NHS.

The amount of money is not so much the issue as the way so much of it is misused and until we sort that out absolutely no more money should be thrown at the NHS as it will just disappear like a lot of the current budget does.
Old 05-02-2017, 15:07   #184
Rowcoy
Inactive

Rowcoy is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
One could argue the UK needs to do the same if it is not prepared to increase public spending to fix the shortfall then we could adopt the french policy of making it income dependent, a good friend of mine told me of some of the better things about the french health system, e.g. in the UK if you need an X ray, you get sent to the hospital to have one, in France they have X ray machines at the GP surgery, thats just plain common sense, it makes things faster and more efficient.

To me I would adopt the following to improve workload on the system.

Grant extra powers to pharmacists to issue prescriptions.
Make some drugs not require a prescription when used in low dosage. So e.g. antibiotics, you can get issued one set without prescription per year, more require prescription which can be issued by either GP or pharmacist.
Implement more stuff to be carried out at GP surgery, such as X rays.
GPs open 7 days a week and 12 hours a day.
Ban doctors from doing private work if they wish to pull in a NHS salary.
Let HC1 cert owners reclaim travel costs to see GP (currently they dont). This can reduce home visits required.
Add video conference facilities. To reduce people needing to attend surgery for physical examinations.
Add email contact mechanism between patients and their GP, a GP can take 1 minute to respond to single query over email vs allocating a 5-10 min booking slot for someone to come in to ask the same question.

There is more but these I thought of off the top of my head quite easily.
Having looked at the various health care models in use around the world I would agree that as a nation we probably should consider moving to more of a insurance top up based system or hypothecated tax system, which is what much of the rest of the world uses. My fear is we are heading more towards an American based health insurance based model with all the problems that this can entail to the individual.

With regard to the other points pharmacists already have more power than most people realise with regard to issuing medication, it is a myth that you need a prescription to get a prescription medicine. As long as you have already been prescribed that medicine by a doctor previously and it is reasonable that you would require that medicine on a long term basis a pharmacist can provide you with an emergency supply if you are unable to obtain a prescription from a doctor.

Making it possible to get some drugs without a prescription is looked at regularly and is generally based on the perceived benefit of making some medicines easier to get for example it is now possible to get PPI medication as an OTC medication without a prescription. Antibiotics are perhaps a bad example of a medicine that could be provided in this way as they are already possibly the most over subscribed class of medication. If you look at countries that do have a more relaxed attitude towards provision of antibiotics (Greece springs to mind) the associated incidence and prevalence of resistant infections is massively higher.

X-Rays in a GP surgery is something I like; however until we move to an alternative funding system I don't think it would be practical for every surgery to absorb the capital cost of the equipment plus the provision of qualified radiographers of which there is already a big shortage of.

In principle 7 day GP working is a great idea; however the big issue at the moment with this is there simply are not enough GPs in this country to make it work. There is also a growing body of evidence that suggests that when weekend appointments are available they are not always used. Personally I would prefer increased numbers of GPs working during the week when we do know that demand is massively out stripping the supply, hence why surgeries appointments are all fully booked within 5-10 minutes of opening!

How do you propose stopping GPs from doing private work? As far as I am aware the vast majority are not Technically employed by the NHS they are employed by their surgery which is an independent provider and is paid a sum per patient that is registered at that surgery.

As far as I am aware a lot of GPs already offer telephone consultations and some even use video conferencing for this as well. It is also already possible to email the surgery I am registered at with non urgent queries.
Rowcoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 22:26   #185
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-38853709

Quote:
The number of people facing "long waits" for hospital treatment in England has more than doubled in the past four years, figures show.
Interesting figures - seems to have been a steady increase since 2010, wonder what happened then?
Mr K is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 23:23   #186
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-38853709

Interesting figures - seems to have been a steady increase since 2010, wonder what happened then?
More people used the NHS?

In November 2010, there were 1.55 million attendances at English A&E; in November 2016 there were 1.9 million.

Also, comparing usage from a decade ago is quite illuminating...

http://www.nhsconfed.org/resources/k...ics-on-the-nhs

Quote:
NHS activity

The NHS deals with over 1 million patients every 36 hours.

In 2015/16 there were 40 per cent more operations ('procedures and interventions' as defined by Hospital Episode Statistics, excluding diagnostic testing) completed by the NHS compared to 2005/06, with an increase from 7.215m to 10.119m.

There were 16.252m total hospital admissions in 2015/16, 28 per cent more than a decade earlier (12.679m).

The total annual attendances at Accident & Emergency departments was 22.923m in 2015/16, 22 per cent higher than a decade earlier (18.759m).
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 02:39   #187
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze

To add to this thread, my sister had to travel to loughborough yesterday (saturday) to see an out of hours GP, as after waiting 4 hours in the royal infirmary only for the receptionist to tell everyone there is no doctors available.

What a mess.

---------- Post added at 01:39 ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowcoy View Post

Making it possible to get some drugs without a prescription is looked at regularly and is generally based on the perceived benefit of making some medicines easier to get for example it is now possible to get PPI medication as an OTC medication without a prescription. Antibiotics are perhaps a bad example of a medicine that could be provided in this way as they are already possibly the most over subscribed class of medication. If you look at countries that do have a more relaxed attitude towards provision of antibiotics (Greece springs to mind) the associated incidence and prevalence of resistant infections is massively higher.
Thats why I said just one pack of antibiotics per year enough for a 5 day run.

Whilst it may be easy to say they over subscribed its worth bearing in mind some people really over estimate the ability of the immune system to fight infections, before antibiotics were invented people died at a much younger age from minor ailments that could get out of control. So something that starts of as trivial without treatment can become serious. This risk that you talk about can be mitigated by only supplying one type of antibiotics this way, e.g. so most of the antibiotics remain prescription only.

I have never been refused antibiotics whenever I have suggested it either to a dentist or GP, so the system as far as I am concerned has never blocked the use of antibiotics but only delayed it.

This is of course without taking into consideration like people been absent from work etc. whilst waiting to see a doctor.
Old 06-02-2017, 12:34   #188
Rowcoy
Inactive

Quote:
Thats why I said just one pack of antibiotics per year enough for a 5 day run.

Whilst it may be easy to say they over subscribed its worth bearing in mind some people really over estimate the ability of the immune system to fight infections, before antibiotics were invented people died at a much younger age from minor ailments that could get out of control. So something that starts of as trivial without treatment can become serious. This risk that you talk about can be mitigated by only supplying one type of antibiotics this way, e.g. so most of the antibiotics remain prescription only.

I have never been refused antibiotics whenever I have suggested it either to a dentist or GP, so the system as far as I am concerned has never blocked the use of antibiotics but only delayed it.

This is of course without taking into consideration like people been absent from work etc. whilst waiting to see a doctor.
It is slightly dangerous to think of antibiotics as this panacea that can be taken with no risk to the individual or long term consequences to the population as a whole.

Whilst I would be one of the first to acknowledge their benefit to overall life expectancy as well as their ability to cure diseases that at one time were a death sentence. It is also important to acknowledge that they have to an extent been abused and dished out like smarties by doctors for a variety of reasons and we are now left with a situation where resistant bugs are becoming more and more common! MRSA, VRSA, carbapenemase producing enterococci to name a few of the top of my head.

Sad fact is that most antibiotics that have been prescribed were not needed and have simply been used to treat viral infections or mild bacterial infections that the bodies own immune system would have dealt with if it had been given a chance. These infections are largely self limiting and whilst they can be unpleasant they are not in themselves any threat to the individual. In fact there is increasing evidence that show a correlation between increasing antibiotic use and increased incidence and prevalence of autoimmune disease.

Your idea of only making one antibiotic available to prevent resistance is unrealistic as it assumes that any antibiotic can be used to treat any type of bacterial infection and this quite simply is not true. Most antibiotic regimens are tailored to the likely bug that is causing the infection for example trimethoprim and nitrofurantoin tend to work well on bacteria that cause UTIs whereas amoxicillin and clarithromycin tend to work well on bugs that cause chest infections, and for dental infections metronidazole tends to be the antibiotic of choice. That's not to say there aren't antibiotics that have a very broad spectrum and can be used against multiple types of infections, the problem with these though is they tend to need to be given intravenously such as tazocin or ertapenem and often have very nasty side effects such as in some cases liver failure.

All that said there are advantages to making antibiotics available to certain groups of high risk patients where the benefit of ensuring they receive prompt antibiotic therapy outweighs the risk, for example patients with COPD will often get a "rescue pack" from their GP which contains steroids and an antibiotic usely doxycycline. When these patients get the start of an infection they can start their rescue pack medication and then book to see a GP.

It's difficult for me to comment as to why you have always been given antibiotics when you have suggested it to the GP or dentist without knowing the circumstances around it. My slight worry though is that as you had to suggest it, they may not actually have been needed but this may have simply been a way to get you out of the door quicker! It's a sad fact that GPs are heavily constrained by time with 10 minutes for a consultation at a good practice and some have just 5 at poorer practices. Faced with a patient who questions whether they should have antibiotics the GP may have to weigh up the time taken to explain the rationale of not giving antibiotics which can take 1-2 minutes if the patient is understanding or much longer if the patient wants to argue! Compared to the 10 seconds it takes to print of a prescription. In this circumstance especially if the GP is already over running they may simply be taking the path of least resistance.
Old 06-02-2017, 12:56   #189
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
"Most family doctors have given a placebo to at least one of their patients," BBC News reports.

The news is based on a large survey of UK GPs. For the purpose of the study, placebos were put into one of two categories:

pure placebos – treatments containing no active ingredients, such as sugar pills
impure placebos – treatments that contain active ingredients but are not recommended for the condition being treated, such as antibiotics for flu

The survey found that 97% of doctors admitted to giving an impure placebo at some point during their career, while 10% had given pure placebos.

The survey found that more than 1% of GPs used pure placebos at least once a week, and more than three-quarters (77%) used impure placebos at least once a week. Most doctors said placebos were ethical in some circumstances.
Source

Maybe the impure placebos, such as improper antibiotic use should be changed to just pure placebos which can often be as effective as an active product and doubtless is much cheaper for the NHS as well as addressing some of the resistance issues.
Old 06-02-2017, 13:08   #190
Rowcoy
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
Source

Maybe the impure placebos, such as improper antibiotic use should be changed to just pure placebos which can often be as effective as an active product and doubtless is much cheaper for the NHS as well as addressing some of the resistance issues.
It would definitely be a lot safer for the patient! Couldn't find any figures for the UK but in the U.S. Iatrogenic causes of death which includes death caused by medication is the 3rd largest cause of death.

Can just see it now "Here you go Mrs Smith just take one of these pills (Tic Tacs) three times a day and not only will your sore throat be better within 7-10 days but your breath will be minty fresh as well"
Old 08-02-2017, 21:43   #191
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowcoy View Post
Sad fact is that most antibiotics that have been prescribed were not needed and have simply been used to treat viral infections or mild bacterial infections that the bodies own immune system would have dealt with if it had been given a chance. These infections are largely self limiting and whilst they can be unpleasant they are not in themselves any threat to the individual. In fact there is increasing evidence that show a correlation between increasing antibiotic use and increased incidence and prevalence of autoimmune disease.
I think that's a unproven fact but rather speculation.

What is a fact tho that the strict auditing of drugs this country has is burdening the system.

You even went on to prove my point in that I said the immune system is over estimated in its abilities by many people, and then you went onto say that the immune system would cope anyway. I got news for you it does not always cope. A moderate bacterial infection without antibiotics can grow out of control rapidly. When antibiotics is pointless is when it is a viral infection, of which antibiotics will have no affect, however if a doctor cannot be sure it is a viral infection then they should play it safe.

I have an ongoing eye infection for the past 5 years, the immune system clearly cannot cope, likewise whenever I have had infections via my teeth antibiotics have always been needed.

Before antibiotics were invented people would routinely die of teeth abscesses at a young age.

Resistance will grow, its inevitable, I find it a weak reason to hold treatment back, if you holding treatment back, its the same affect as the treatment not working is it not? Requiring GPs to approve minor drugs simply takes up resources.

Also I spoke to my GP this morning about some problems, she is clearly under a ton of pressure to save money as she has started to take the NHS line where my illness is my fault and more specifically all under my control, by this if you look at the NHS website, various articles disagree with the common global opinion and blame the patient for specific health issues. After a heated conversation I have to go in for an examination to see if I warrant the support I have asked for. It looks like I am going to need to put some cash aside for private treatment as the NHS is becoming more and more unfit for purpose with the state it is in.

When my eye infection blown up I had to get private treatment then to get it in a manageable state.

Back on to the subject of drugs it is clearly more dangerous to withold drugs than to issue them "just in case" something happens like the person developing a resistance. It is also clearly a expensive policy to audit the use of such drugs as they are currently.

Instead of telling me whats wrong with the ideas I listed why not come up with some of your own? or do you think the NHS is fine as it is and doesnt need changing?

http://www.dhdeurope.com/blog/antibi...fe-expectancy/

Mind you I suppose if we withdrawn antibiotics it would help the NHS given people would die earlier and there would be less pensioners tieing up the beds.

An interesting read as an example. Am I fat because of a slow metabolism? Check "Am I fat because of a slow metabolism?" and "Can certain medical conditions cause a slow metabolism?", assumptions been made abou tthe patients to justify a cheap type of treatment.

http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/loseweigh...etabolism.aspx

Also interesting is comparing how american doctors talk about conditions and comparing it to the UK NHS guidelines. Differences can be quite stark. e.g. American doctors consider withdrawing antibiotics too early as dangerous because the affect is that they withdrawn before the infection is beaten, then if they are represcribed later it can then be too late as the infection has time to develop a resistance during the gap of treatment.
There is also certian conditions in america that are treated as an emergency whilst for the same conditions in the UK the NHS advises people to wait it out "just in case you recover on your own".

One big problem with the NHS which is used to save money is to make assumptions based on probability e.g. if a hospital doctor has a choice of sending someone for a scan or discharging them with the merit that people in their age group only have a 2% chance of having a condition they can use the probability as a justification which is dangerous. A lady died in her 20s 3 years ago of a condition that typically only people 50+ get, the doctors continued to refuse to diagnose it simply based on her age.

Last edited by Chrysalis; 08-02-2017 at 22:02.
Old 11-02-2017, 23:10   #192
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...y-unacceptable

Quote:
Jeremy Hunt has said that performance in some parts of the NHS is “completely unacceptable”.

Hunt really is a bit of a smug turd. What he wants to do is find out who has been in charge of this predictable shambles for the last few years.... If it wasn't costing lives it would be funny.
Mr K is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2017, 23:50   #193
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Nhs appalling crisis

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews...-bed-shortages

Reading this article made me want to be sick. How can the NHS get into such a state.
A woman could have been saved. Except due to the appalling NHS crisis and the way its being run by this horrible Tory Government

I hope that the Muldowney sue the NHS England and Mr Hunt for damages
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2017, 06:41   #194
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: Nhs appalling crisis

There are many many reasons the NHS is in a state Arthur as stated very succinctly by many others on this forum as it goes far beyond the two main political parties as well as up to now they have both made a bloody great mess of it with their own dogmatic doctrine of policies rather then running it how it should be run in the best interests of the country.
Old 16-02-2017, 09:13   #195
mrmistoffelees

Services: Many
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
Re: Nhs appalling crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews...-bed-shortages

Reading this article made me want to be sick. How can the NHS get into such a state.
A woman could have been saved. Except due to the appalling NHS crisis and the way its being run by this horrible Tory Government

I hope that the Muldowney sue the NHS England and Mr Hunt for damages
A fantastic organisation that is being slowly dismantled by the government and having to do more with less money.

And your answer is to sue them

You really are a weapons grade helmet.