Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Awkward problem with extension :(

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Fixed Phone Service

Just to make you all aware
Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 14:44   #1
startoucher
cf.member

Services: TV with Sky, sports/films & includes NetFlix. UFO with TalkTalk 900mb & includes Prime Video
startoucher is a jewel in the roughstartoucher is a jewel in the roughstartoucher is a jewel in the roughstartoucher is a jewel in the roughstartoucher is a jewel in the rough
Just to make you all aware

I have today received a call from someone claiming to work for Microsoft saying that my pc or laptop could be infected with a virus (Yes The Old Virus Scam), but this time the claimant said they were working for Microsoft AND ACTING on behalf VM. I've had a couple of calls before but this is the first time that the scammers actually quoted VM. I have since reported this to 150, it was just really to make readers of the board aware that this is a new tactic. Hope this helps and would like to hear from anyone that has similar call.
Advertisement
Old 01-11-2011, 15:01   #2
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: Just to make you all aware

This scam (and other slight variations) has been around for years..

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/38...m-your-pc.html

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/12...l-support.html

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/38...t-warning.html

are three recent examples.

Thread closed
Closed Thread