Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | mj Quinn bt openreach engineers

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Other Telco Services Discussion

mj Quinn bt openreach engineers

Old 17-02-2013, 22:55   #16
jf123
Inactive

jf123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: mj Quinn bt openreach engineers

When working in London I fill up on a Monday and use half a tank getting down there and half a tank for the rest of the weeks commuting to and from jobs and then fill up again on a Friday before the horrible drive up the m1 and m6 but I am in digs this week sharing with another engineer and in paying 19 pound a night !! So out of like 1100 I take away about 220 quid and the rest is mine not too bad at all but u have to work hard to earn money and the BT network takes some getting used too if u r new too it but once u get used its easy money !
jf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 17-02-2013, 23:07   #17
Rjkr4
Inactive

Rjkr4 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeh I've had the same email etc. just waiting myself. One final question is it self employed?

---------- Post added at 22:07 ---------- Previous post was at 22:02 ----------

My dad used to work for BT. I know a bit but its like all things I suppose, once u know it!! As long as I can earn more than 350 until im used to it I'll be happy. Currently work for a firm, don't wanna say too much. Cheers guys nice to get some quality info
Rjkr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2013, 23:19   #18
jf123
Inactive

jf123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah it's self employed but u get tax and ni done for you by ur agency and u only get taxed on 247 a week anything u earn over that in non taxable because its classes as expenses so u could earn 1000 a week and pay the same tax as if u earn say. 300 a week so no need to see accountants or anything
jf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2013, 23:36   #19
Rjkr4
Inactive

Cheers mate. Just don't wanna go in blind to it all as my job is steady but just full of KPI rubbish. Thanks again, any other info please send it my way, just need to convince the Mrs's now!!! A mate of mine works for Openreach and his manager said MJ Quinn were ok.
Old 18-02-2013, 16:48   #20
woody201059
Inactive

woody201059 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi all im also booked in on the course in coventry on the 11th march im booked in for the managed install 5 day course the agency ive applied through is insite international is anyone else applied through them?ive also been told my start date for the job is the 18th march where i have to go to liverpool for the induction and pick up van fuel card ect also been told i will be paid £50 per day for the training as anyone else been told this?
woody201059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2013, 16:52   #21
Rjkr4
Inactive

I've been told the same apart from there is a delay in the contract down my way so I don't know if I'm in yet, I hope so.
Old 18-02-2013, 16:54   #22
woody201059
Inactive

ive also been told the course times are from 4.30pm to 12am which are stupid times if you ask me!!
i phoned mjquinn direct to make sure the times are right and they are.
also i have the course timetable which has am and pm times on and there are two groupes
does anyone know where to get a copy of the bt trainer guide from?

---------- Post added at 15:54 ---------- Previous post was at 15:52 ----------

good luck if you are in Rjkr4 i know they are recructing loads of new engineers
ive not had any conformation direct from mj quinn though as of yet
Old 18-02-2013, 17:09   #23
Rjkr4
Inactive

Thanks Woody - does seem a strange time for the course but least u get the whole day to do wot u want I suppose. What area r u from? Hope it goes ok for ya
Old 18-02-2013, 17:12   #24
woody201059
Inactive

im from scunthrope north lincs at least I can have a lay in the morning instead of getting woke up earlly by my 6year old lol..
I hope it goes ok aswell I just wanna get the course out the way and start work
Old 18-02-2013, 17:26   #25
Rjkr4
Inactive

Lol, I've got 4 kids mate!!! Courses r always annoying, however money sounds very nice. Once again all the best. Give me a shout please if u hear anymore info
Old 18-02-2013, 17:41   #26
woody201059
Inactive

we have 5 kids between me and the misses and another on the way.
I also agree the money is nice just found out aswell that mj quinn use there own umbrella company to pay you as i didnt know if i had to sort my own out for it
Old 18-02-2013, 17:58   #27
Rjkr4
Inactive

Blimey loads of kids lol. Yeh I heard that too. Mrs's ain't to keen on me doing this as she thinks the work isn't guaranteed and self employed. I know there is loads of work but she isn't convinced. How long is the contract? I suppose the umbrella company take a cut of money too, don't they? Thing is though I still fancy it!!
Old 18-02-2013, 18:14   #28
woody201059
Inactive

the contract is ongoing as bt open reach gives mj quinn more and more areas ect every week so the contract will be long! i think the umbrella company will take a cut but dont know on how much it will be!
is it the managed install course you are on? also have you done any work like this before? ive installed phone points ect and know how to do installs ect but never done any of the fttc or pcp work with the green boxes
have you been told you will get a company van ect?

---------- Post added at 17:14 ---------- Previous post was at 17:11 ----------

just read my paperwork and bt are allocating more patches and volume across a five week period so some engineers will have to work out of area and we will be piad £30 per night even if we travel home or not and £40 per night if its london
Old 18-02-2013, 18:34   #29
Rjkr4
Inactive

Same experience as yourself but pretty switched on to the Broadband side of it. I understand the Bt network but not worked on it, my dad has through BT and I've been working for a provider for a while now but not contracting. It's not that difficult really just getting used to the network. Wouldn't mind reading that paperwork, that sounds ok for the night rate
Old 18-02-2013, 18:59   #30
woody201059
Inactive

if you give me your email ill send info over to you how easy is the test equipment to use?

---------- Post added at 17:59 ---------- Previous post was at 17:38 ----------

just emailed info for you mate