Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Old 27-06-2017, 22:53   #3151
Pbryanw
cf.addict

Services: Plusnet Fibre Broadband, Phone & TV
Pbryanw is just really nicePbryanw is just really nicePbryanw is just really nicePbryanw is just really nicePbryanw is just really nicePbryanw is just really nice
Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Yes, installing the box before phoning can cause issues.

That's why the number is on the outside of the box and there are lots of 'Phone first' warnings in the self install guide.
Yep, no excuses from me, and when I self-installed my V6 box today, the first thing I did was phone the activation number
Pbryanw is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 28-06-2017, 00:05   #3152
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pbryanw View Post
Yep, no excuses from me, and when I self-installed my V6 box today, the first thing I did was phone the activation number
I normally install the v6 before activating. It takes ages for the downloads so may as well get the ball rolling
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 12:25   #3153
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

Due to a fault, some customers may not be able to view some of the BBC Wimbledon multiscreen matches at the moment.

The estimated fix is tomorrow 05/07 at 12:00

Last edited by Gavin-D; 04-07-2017 at 12:33.
Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 13:28   #3154
trueblood
cf.member

Services: TV XL Phone M BB XL 200 MB V6 x 2
trueblood will become famous soon enoughtrueblood will become famous soon enoughtrueblood will become famous soon enough

How long does it take a new V6 to make suggestions. The first one had not made any after 6 weeks, so it was swapped and now 2nd box still not making any either!. I copied series links and thumbs from old tivo via the manage tivo website both times. I also deleted all thumbs and made fresh ones, still wont make any. I have checked record suggestions is selected. My old tivo is making suggestions.
trueblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 14:35   #3155
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblood View Post
How long does it take a new V6 to make suggestions. The first one had not made any after 6 weeks, so it was swapped and now 2nd box still not making any either!. I copied series links and thumbs from old tivo via the manage tivo website both times. I also deleted all thumbs and made fresh ones, still wont make any. I have checked record suggestions is selected. My old tivo is making suggestions.
There is currently a fault that prevents some TiVos getting Suggestions. You need to report it to VM (but don't let them send a technician or new box!). Try posting a message at http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/...vice/bd-p/Tivo

---------- Post added at 13:35 ---------- Previous post was at 13:20 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin-D View Post
Due to a fault, some customers may not be able to view some of the BBC Wimbledon multiscreen matches at the moment.

The estimated fix is tomorrow 05/07 at 12:00
This is believed to be fixed now. Is it still failing for anyone?
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 14:44   #3156
trueblood
cf.member

Services: TV XL Phone M BB XL 200 MB V6 x 2
trueblood will become famous soon enoughtrueblood will become famous soon enoughtrueblood will become famous soon enough

Thanks Spiderplant
trueblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 16:44   #3157
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

On demand problems again

"Pictures may freeze or go blank on Catch Up TV and TV On Demand at the moment."

Estimated fix time Wednesday 21:55
Old 10-07-2017, 17:05   #3158
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
On demand problems again

"Pictures may freeze or go blank on Catch Up TV and TV On Demand at the moment."

Estimated fix time Wednesday 21:55
Got the ticket number? I'd guess it's something specific to your region

Last edited by spiderplant; 10-07-2017 at 17:12.
Old 10-07-2017, 18:29   #3159
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
Got the ticket number? I'd guess it's something specific to your region
Area 30 if that helps? hardly a week goes by without some on demand issues
Old 10-07-2017, 19:09   #3160
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Area 30 if that helps? hardly a week goes by without some on demand issues
Basically because its total garbage mate!
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 20:39   #3161
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Area 30 if that helps?
Well that narrows it down to Grimsby, Leicester, Nottingham or Teesside, but I've tried random postcodes in each of those areas and no outages are shown at all, so either it is very localised, or is already fixed.

Is it working for you?
Old 10-07-2017, 20:52   #3162
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
Well that narrows it down to Grimsby, Leicester, Nottingham or Teesside, but I've tried random postcodes in each of those areas and no outages are shown at all, so either it is very localised, or is already fixed.

Is it working for you?
It's the Teesside area DL1 postcode it is still showing on the service status page

I'll check it later once I get time
Attached Images
File Type: png 15c4706a-eb0c-47d9-9d5f-e19e57390ebe.png (27.4 KB, 20 views)
Old 15-07-2017, 20:03   #3163
mhatter67

Services: Big Kahuna, Phone XL, Boxnation

Interesting the latest PPV from ITV is only available on TiVo or V6 boxes, seems like V+ owners are slowly being offered an inferior service/offerings!
Old 16-07-2017, 01:35   #3164
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhatter67 View Post
Interesting the latest PPV from ITV is only available on TiVo or V6 boxes, seems like V+ owners are slowly being offered an inferior service/offerings!
Presumably, it is just because the V+ is unable to cope with the latest technology, although I am no expert on this.

Best get a V6, I think.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2017, 17:42   #3165
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhatter67 View Post
V+ doesn't appear to have long to go until it's phased out.

BT just recently pulled the plug on their BT Vision box. Customers had 2 choices. Either upgrade to Youview for free or leave.

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/...d/td-p/3405675
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote