Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Old 02-12-2011, 19:38   #4201
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
Re: The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Nah, don't need to - Natalie keeps reminding me

---------- Post added at 18:38 ---------- Previous post was at 16:51 ----------

It's good to have nice friends.

I just got let down with getting to my groups christmas dinner Monday and within half an hour of finding out I had several offers to take me.

Thanks to them indeedy - and it makes me happy to know such great people.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 02-12-2011, 19:44   #4202
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

I have some great friends too. I am off tonight to see them and listen to good Country Music. That is what we enjoy.
You enjoy too wherever you go.
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 19:49   #4203
Tinky
To err is human

Services: yearly MOT
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashville View Post
I have some great friends too. I am off tonight to see them and listen to good Country Music. That is what we enjoy.
You enjoy too wherever you go.
Friends?............I didn't realise we had so many until I was out in the front garden and the cars that passed and tooted was amazing. Life is good.
Tinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 20:59   #4204
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Just booked some flights to go visit my son in South Carolina next March (he is coming home for Christmas, but after that, unless we visit him, we won't see him until the semester ends early May 2012).

Only cost me taxes/charges, as I used BA/Avios Airmiles and a Amex BA Companion Voucher - result.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 15:08   #4205
nashville
nashville

nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

Great news Hugh. This is news I like to hear about. Something wonderful to look forward too.
Old 03-12-2011, 16:36   #4206
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Just booked some flights to go visit my son in South Carolina next March (he is coming home for Christmas, but after that, unless we visit him, we won't see him until the semester ends early May 2012).

Only cost me taxes/charges, as I used BA/Avios Airmiles and a Amex BA Companion Voucher - result.
Glad to hear of your great savings and come next spring there is something great to look forward to after christmas and a long winter.
Old 03-12-2011, 17:26   #4207
Caff
I'm a geek???

Caff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronze
Caff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronze

Was strongly routing for Wales (rugby v Australia) and they were defeated.
But what a sweet ending for Mr Williams.
Caff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 17:45   #4208
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Lap top died yesterday, totally deceased, too expensive a hard wear failure to consider a repair.

Got taken out this morning by my Darling, Super Nice, Generous, Fantastical John and now have a brand spanking new laptop.

Just spent the afternoon setting it up and loading all my bits and pieces on to the beast. Thank goodness for all the backups I used to hate doing onto my external HD.

I will say though, it's was a pleasant surprise to see how much you could do on the internet with a Kindle. Tortuously slow, but doable in an emergency.
Old 03-12-2011, 18:08   #4209
Caff
I'm a geek???

Caff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronze
Caff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by joglynne View Post
Lap top died yesterday, totally deceased, too expensive a hard wear failure to consider a repair.

Got taken out this morning by my Darling, Super Nice, Generous, Fantastical John and now have a brand spanking new laptop.

Just spent the afternoon setting it up and loading all my bits and pieces on to the beast. Thank goodness for all the backups I used to hate doing onto my external HD.

I will say though, it's was a pleasant surprise to see how much you could do on the internet with a Kindle. Tortuously slow, but doable in an emergency.
I know what it's like to be without a laptop for even a few hours. Your new one seems to have a special extra
I'm a stranger to kindle but I'd really miss my strange black-box NAS in the study if/when I need it.
Well done gurl. Kudos to your hubby.
It's amazing to realise what you don't actually want or need sometimes
Caff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 18:42   #4210
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by joglynne View Post

l hope you are enjoying your new laptop.
Old 03-12-2011, 18:53   #4211
nashville
nashville

Glad you are still with us Den. We all need our laptops or PCs as live would be dreadful.
Well done John.
Old 03-12-2011, 18:58   #4212
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashville View Post
Glad you are still with us Den. We all need our laptops or PCs as live would be dreadful.
Well done John.
Yes l remember my PC breaking down 2 years ago and l was left without one for 12 days and yet it seemed like years at the time as l nearly do everything through my PC and in my mind having one is just as important as having transport.
Old 03-12-2011, 19:02   #4213
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
Cloud base nine. Extractor is on full but I seem to have a kitechen full of smoke!
That does not sound too good.
Old 03-12-2011, 19:14   #4214
nashville
nashville

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Yes l remember my PC brealing down 2 years ago and l was left without one for 12 days and yet it seemed like years at the time as l nearly do everything through my PC and in my mind having one is just as important as having transport.
Well Said
Old 03-12-2011, 19:45   #4215
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
It's all OK. Just par for the course. Steaks are/were
really good. Just how we like them (Not cremated!! and not raw) Bernaise sauce, chips, rings (two kinds battered and griddled), peas....

Just the extractor, even though it's vented outside, can't keep up with the griddle on full welly. And you need the heat to do the steaks properly on the outside (dark crusty bits) without over doing the inside (soft juicy bits)

Time to snuggle down with a good DVD. TV's carp on Saturdays. For us anyway.

Just remembered there's "Freebie and the bean" stashed on the HDD DVD recorder. Might run that one up. Deliciously un-PC.
Well we all have our own tastes in life and if we all liked the same thing would'nt life be boring.