Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Super hub with Google WiFi

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Slow Peak Time Broadband

Old 08-11-2018, 17:29   #1
Morgrin
cf.member

Morgrin is an unknown quantity at this point
Slow Peak Time Broadband

I am on a 200mb contract and for the past 4ish months I have been suffering slow speed during peak times (down to 60ish meg over ethernet).

On numerous occasions I have contacted Virgin and generally got through to their overseas call centre who said they logged the 'Oversubscription Fault'.

Eventually I got through to a UK centre. Explained the situation as was told, I quote "well 60mb is quite good". This didn't help my mood, so after speaking to her manager arranged a engineer visit.

The engineer advised no problem with my kit, but didn't know what an 'Oversubscription Fault' was. Called the office who advised yea there are too many users in my area, but no fault had been reported. He raised a fault and said it would be fixed within 7 working days.

10 days later still have issues, called Virgin who advised the fault would be fixed by JULY 2019!!!!. The best they could offer me was a £50 one off discount, but in the same breath said my loyalty bonus had ended and my bill would be £15 more expensive!!

I was stunned by this reaction and as I was at home dealing with a bereavement I said to leave it and I will call back.

Any advice as to where to go from here please?
Morgrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 11-11-2018, 15:00   #2
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Slow Peak Time Broadband

Well your not getting what you pay for so demand a price drop or moved for free to a lower BB tier while there are issues.
Old 11-11-2018, 21:27   #3
Aye Up
Barking up the wrong tree

Services: VM Gig1
Aye Up will become famous soon enoughAye Up will become famous soon enoughAye Up will become famous soon enough
Re: Slow Peak Time Broadband

If you are suffering slow speed, Virgin according to their own staff "must" refund part of your subscription in the case of 200Mb I think it was something like £12.50.

As them for a refund until its fixed.
Aye Up is offline   Reply With Quote