Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Nintendo Switch(NX) - release date 3rd March 2017

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Nintendo Games Systems

The Nintendo Switch(NX) - release date 3rd March 2017

Old 14-01-2017, 08:54   #16
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: The Nintendo Switch(NX) - release date 3rd March 2017

I've preordered one in case but I think I'll hold off buying until the Mario games arrive.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 14-01-2017, 23:46   #17
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

A friend was at the event in London today and got some some hands on with it.

He loved Zelda and said it looked amazing.

The console supports micro SD cards up to 256gb.

The console in handheld mode feels good and not too heavy.
Old 15-01-2017, 15:45   #18
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

The only real issue I can think of is the online service, if it's anything like the previous ones then it really isn't worth any form of my compensation. But it's not really part of anything I need regardless so doesn't affect anything.

http://imgur.com/ZQSvAd1

This is worth my compensation though.
Old 15-01-2017, 19:29   #19
admars
cf.mega poster

admars has reached the bronze age
admars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
A friend was at the event in London today and got some some hands on with it.

He loved Zelda and said it looked amazing.

The console supports micro SD cards up to 256gb.

The console in handheld mode feels good and not too heavy.
a friend of mine is there and said that about Mario Kart, so classic Nintendo then, Mario and Zelda ftw, everything 3rd party, meh
admars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2017, 19:48   #20
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Exactly.

Although I really want Bomberman R as well. Oh and Sonic Mania. I will be happy with them.

Neo Geo games are going to be on the Virtual Console as well.
Old 30-01-2017, 15:10   #21
mrmistoffelees

Services: Many
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze

Release Goldeneye on it and I'll buy it in a heartbeat
Old 30-01-2017, 17:52   #22
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Nintendo have released more specs and info via their official site, although the CPU/GPU is still just listed as a customised NVIDIA Tegra chip.

Think we will need to wait for release and then a tear down to confirm actual chip and system RAM.
Old 02-03-2017, 17:49   #23
admars
cf.mega poster

admars has reached the bronze age
admars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze age

Interesting console review...

http://kotaku.com/nintendo-switch-th...iew-1792776350

no surprise that Zelda is suppose to be ok

http://www.gamerankings.com/switch/1...ild/index.html

http://www.metacritic.com/game/switc...he-wild?ref=hp

https://admars32.wordpress.com/
admars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 18:06   #24
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 2 V6 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Personally l don't think its going to sell nowhere near as Nintendo hope for as for a start its too bloody dear and that's just a start..
Old 02-03-2017, 20:44   #25
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Zelda reviews look extraordinary. Best Zelda, one of the best games ever and this especially makes me tempted to buy a switch: http://www.giantbomb.com/reviews/the...view/1900-760/

Quote:
This sense of wonder is something that I haven’t felt so strongly since I played A Link to the Past when I was seven years old. Ocarina of Time was able to capture some of that same magic in my teenage years. Now that I’m in my thirties, I don’t think that I expected it to be possible for a game to make me feel like that again. I’ve been reviewing video games for twelve years now, and I’m used to describing games in a certain way. “This game controls well. This mechanic is innovative. The graphics are stunning. The skill tree feels limited.” That type of language doesn’t adequately convey how Breath of the Wild made me feel. Nintendo may have changed so many long-standing traditions of the Zelda franchise, but the spirit of discovery is as strong as it’s ever been no matter your age. I didn’t think I’d feel the Zelda magic this strongly ever again, but I couldn't be happier to be proven wrong.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 19:28   #26
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Anyone got one?

Still just waiting till more games appear, but it's still on my list as a buy. I don't like Zelda for those wondering why I haven't just upped and got one already. Never have. Love anything Mario though.

---------- Post added at 18:28 ---------- Previous post was at 18:25 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Personally l don't think its going to sell nowhere near as Nintendo hope for as for a start its too bloody dear and that's just a start..

By the end of it's lifespan it'll have outsold the PS4 and Xbox One, the price will continue to drop significantly and with both Microsoft and Sony pushing 'Elite' consoles or upgrades as they're calling them for ridiculous prices, Nintendo will actually be undercutting both. As said earlier, this will just continue to drop in price. There will be a massive drop off when both the PS4 pro and Xbox Scorpio go head to head at which point the cheaper Nintendo Switch will gain massive figures over the other two.

Right now, it's PS4/Xbox One/Wii U, in which the PS4 leads significantly. Both will see a drop off when the upgraded versions start competing and become the premium consoles.

It'll be Nintendo Switch/PS4pro/Scorpio from December onwards. That's where the switch will start outselling the other two significantly.

It was expected to ship 5 million by December, it's currently averaging close to double that amid massive sell outs world wide, not to say it'd still sell more than the expected amount though. That's with it's very limited titles, expect that to spike again when Mario Kart bundles drop.

I don't disagree about the price, I just think this will drop like the Wii did and constantly undercut the other two on it's way to being the underdog winner.

Last edited by adzii_nufc; 04-03-2017 at 19:37.
adzii_nufc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 19:36   #27
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Sorry adzii but it has no chance of outselling the other two...
Old 04-03-2017, 19:41   #28
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Yeah, neither did the Wii, £250 console and years later and it's sitting massively above both the Xbox 360 and PS3. The £400 PS4 Pro and the £500 Scorpio leaves Nintendo looking great with a mere £250 price tag, that'll drop to £200 relatively quick. Come Christmas they'll be flying along and by the time the generation ends they'll have overtaken both competitors.

It's the same silly mistake both Sony and Microsoft made last time, more Sony though, it's going to be a direct battle between the three and right now, a Pro retails for £350 gameless.. the Scorpio nearer £500, the switch will tap massively into this and we'll have another Wii scenario unfold.

Last edited by adzii_nufc; 04-03-2017 at 19:45.
Old 04-03-2017, 19:52   #29
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Perhaps you need to look at Nintendo's last console which was well and truly a utter flop.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._game_consoles

https://www.vg247.com/2017/02/01/the...lling-console/
Old 04-03-2017, 20:06   #30
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Perhaps you need to look at Nintendo's last console which was well and truly a utter flop.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._game_consoles

https://www.vg247.com/2017/02/01/the...lling-console/
You neglected to mention it was priced up there with the PS4.

It was mid ranged console priced the same as a high end console, I mean you couldn't even get it for less than £250 without games, it wasn't just a pricing failure, they'd removed everything that made the Wii good too. Disaster ensued, mistakes were learned from and they've returned with a console the same price as a Wii with great specs.

They're competing in two markets, this will phase out the DS and become the premier handheld gaming device too.

Price is the premier factor. PS3 was the most expensive, it sold the least, the Xbox 360 in second being cheaper and the Wii up top being the cheapest.

Currently it's the PS4 leading, Xbox One second and the Wii U last. The ps4 being the cheapest when you take into account the launch price of the Wii U vs the PS4 specs, in which the PS4 was on top by a mile, in reality you were paying for that silly tablet controller.

Come Switch vs PS4 pro vs Scorpio, I believe it'll be Switch, as it's the cheapest and more marketable, the PS4 pro, being the second cheapest and already on sale, then the Scorpio, which will likely only sell to dedicated gamers.

Last edited by adzii_nufc; 04-03-2017 at 20:13.