Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Brexit: Article 50 Has Been Triggered !

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Brexit: Article 50 Has Been Triggered !
Closed Thread

Old 26-06-2017, 08:02   #1951
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Brexit: Article 50 Has Been Triggered !

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
Please, it has always been clear that Ianch99 not only understands but deliberately keeps harping on about it just to be objectionable.

He knows damn well that the only votes that matter are those cast yet he keeps dragging out those uncounted, don't give a toss what happens numbers when it suits him.

He should go into politics as he seems ideally suited.
could replace diane abbot similar math's skills
Old 26-06-2017, 08:39   #1952
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post

Some interesting polling.
http://ukpollingreport.co.uk/blog/archives/9922
Most people now think Brexit was the wrong decision, that we'll get a bad deal, prioritise trade over immigration and prefer Corbyn to May. Amazing how the British people always wise up too late..
Only one poll matters, Mr K.
Old 26-06-2017, 09:54   #1953
RizzyKing

Of course some now feel they voted wrongly in voting to leave we have had a relentless year of people belittling and calling into question everything from the intelligence of leave voters to their social standing within society. This is business as usual for the EU and their supporters lose the argument and then batter relentlessly those who dared to do things in a way the EU doesn't like and to be honest it's pathetic and demonstrates more then words exactly why the EU needs to fail and why it's falling apart. Eastern european nations are already getting fed up with the EU mainly Poland and Hungary at the minute but dissent is spreading.

Meanwhile Italy and Spain are bailing out banks and trying to shore up their failing economies and Brussels does very little to help in fact we have reports of the eurozone rebounding and recovering well go to Greece, Italy, Spain or Portugal and ask the how the recovery is going. The EU is turning into little more then a propaganda bureau with lots of little fanatics running around spreading the gospel and ignoring everything that isn't rosy. I thought the people in the UK still valued and followed democracy but like most of western Europe democracy is only supported as long as it delivers the desired result and if it doesn't then it's time to undermine it and we have plenty in this country more then happy to help.

Old 26-06-2017, 10:27   #1954
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Very Twitty more like and clearly an every day man of the people...
(And if Brexity is a word then Twitty is too...)

---------- Post added at 06:12 ---------- Previous post was at 05:50 ----------

Some interesting polling.
http://ukpollingreport.co.uk/blog/archives/9922
Most people now think Brexit was the wrong decision, that we'll get a bad deal, prioritise trade over immigration and prefer Corbyn to May. Amazing how the British people always wise up too late..
Amazing how some people who don't like the result of real democracy rely on fake polling.
Old 26-06-2017, 10:37   #1955
jonbxx
cf.mega poster

Services: VM VIP Pack
jonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appeal
jonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
Providing you know where all the 600,000 or so are? So we can ask them to leave.

Exactly, so you spend milllions tracking them, deporting them and they just waltz back in and you can do nothing about it.

pretty much unenforceable within the Schengen zone - which we're not it thankfully

As I say pretty much unenforceable within Schengen

Back to the previous comment, why spend millions registering, tracking and deporting EU nationals when they can just hop on the next train back and there's nothing we can do.
I had a dig around to see if I could some numbers and most countries do not report expulsions under 2004/38 rules. However, Belgium, France, The Netherlands and the UK do so we can compare three Schengen countries including one of equivalent size and GDP to the UK (France)

The most recent data I could find was from 2013 where the following numbers were expelled;

Belgium - 2712
France - 10915
Netherlands - 360
UK - 3601

Looking in a different way using the proportion of the EU population in each country who were expelled;

Belgium - 0.34%
France - 0.77%
Netherlands - 0.06%
UK - 0.13%

France, though in the Schengen zone loves kicking them out!!

If you're interested, the report is here - https://www.academia.edu/32395964/Wh...ates_Practices
Old 26-06-2017, 10:44   #1956
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Amazing how some people who don't like the result of real democracy rely on fake polling.
a poll shown on peston on sunday [i think it was a times poll] showed

48% remain and 52 % leave no change since the vote
Old 26-06-2017, 15:47   #1957
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

Quote:
Please, it has always been clear that Ianch99 not only understands but deliberately keeps harping on about it just to be objectionable.

He knows damn well that the only votes that matter are those cast yet he keeps dragging out those uncounted, don't give a toss what happens numbers when it suits him.

What is wierd is how twitchy all the Leavers are when I point out that 52% of the electorate here did NOT vote to leave the EU.

Just keeping you all honest

---------- Post added at 14:47 ---------- Previous post was at 14:42 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
You've changed the meaning altogether by doing that.
It's pretty obvious that Ianch99 understands both sentences but also understands they possess different meanings.
At last, a sane voice ... refreshing

Of course they have different meanings .. what Osem said was incorrect .. simples. My god, if they are this insecure when they won the vote, what would they be like if they had lost it?
Old 26-06-2017, 15:58   #1958
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99 View Post
What is wierd is how twitchy all the Leavers are when I point out that 52% of the electorate here did NOT vote to leave the EU.

Just keeping you all honest [COLOR="Silver"]
By the same arguement 52% of the electorate didn't vote to remain in the EU.

The most likely result if they'd voted that the relative percentages would have stayed the same.
Old 26-06-2017, 16:04   #1959
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

Quote:

Best defend myself then

The reason why I correct the regular lies that 52% of the country voted to Leave is that it did not. By constantly putting forward this assertion gives the impression that it was the "will of the people" in a populist sense. It is open to debate the exact number of people in this country that did, do and will, going forward, agree with Leaving.

What is beyond doubt is that the country is divided and fractured on this matter. There is no "will of the people" here.

Of course I accept the mathematics of the Referendum vote. You have to be stupid not to do so. However, you would also have to be stupid to misrepresent it.

Any Brexit deal must cater for both sides of this divide since the consequences for such a seismic, structural change in our society impacts all especially the younger generation who clearly did not want this.

So please go ahead and shout me down for standing up for what I think is right ...
Old 26-06-2017, 16:32   #1960
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Best defend myself then

The reason why I correct the regular lies that 52% of the country voted to Leave is that it did not. By constantly putting forward this assertion gives the impression that it was the "will of the people" in a populist sense. It is open to debate the exact number of people in this country that did, do and will, going forward, agree with Leaving.

What is beyond doubt is that the country is divided and fractured on this matter. There is no "will of the people" here.

Of course I accept the mathematics of the Referendum vote. You have to be stupid not to do so. However, you would also have to be stupid to misrepresent it.

Any Brexit deal must cater for both sides of this divide since the consequences for such a seismic, structural change in our society impacts all especially the younger generation who clearly did not want this.

So please go ahead and shout me down for standing up for what I think is right ...
But you are not. People who chose not to vote or could not be arsed to do so lost their right to have any say, if they wanted a say, they should have voted when they had their chance, that's democracy, screaming about it after or protesting about the end result because they do not agree, is just pathetic.

And stop generalising about the young did not want this, I know plenty of young people who voted leave.

You are conveniently forgetting we just had a Election where over 80% of the total votes cast went for parties aiming for brexit and a possible hard one too. That's 25 Million people voting for parties that intend brexit to happen. I would say that's the will of the people speaking, including the young who voted for Corbyn. If the young did not want this as you claim, then why did they not vote Liberal Democrats?
Old 26-06-2017, 16:55   #1961
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Quote:
Best defend myself then

if that's your defence we'll get on with the hanging
Old 26-06-2017, 17:40   #1962
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
But you are not. People who chose not to vote or could not be arsed to do so lost their right to have any say, if they wanted a say, they should have voted when they had their chance, that's democracy, screaming about it after or protesting about the end result because they do not agree, is just pathetic.

And stop generalising about the young did not want this, I know plenty of young people who voted leave.

You are conveniently forgetting we just had a Election where over 80% of the total votes cast went for parties aiming for brexit and a possible hard one too. That's 25 Million people voting for parties that intend brexit to happen. I would say that's the will of the people speaking, including the young who voted for Corbyn. If the young did not want this as you claim, then why did they not vote Liberal Democrats?
Some remainers seem to change their tune every time a vote goes the wrong way for them. They thought they'd win the referendum so didn't start moaning about the wording of the question or meaning of Brexit until after they realised they'd lost. Prior to this election, plenty of them told us that it'd be largely about Brexit when in fact the main Pro EU parties i.e. Lib Dems gained a tiny number and the SNP lost loads of seats. Now, having seen pro Brexit parties win the vast majority of votes, they're changing the argument back to the validity of the referendum and whether people understood what they were voting for. It's quite clear that whilst some remainers have accepted the outcome, many have not and will not. They'll do whatever they can to challenge, delay and undermine the process hoping that they can somehow ensure the outcome of the negotiations will be so poor for the UK that they'll finally get their way. That is how interested in democracy they are...
Old 26-06-2017, 18:00   #1963
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
if that's your defence we'll get on with the hanging
Unless you have forgot hanging is outlawed in this country Sir.
Old 26-06-2017, 18:10   #1964
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Unless you have forgot hanging is outlawed in this country Sir.
don't argue with the judge or i will find you in contempt of the court of kangaroo justice
Old 26-06-2017, 18:14   #1965
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
don't argue with the judge or i will find you in contempt of the court of kangaroo justice
A judge has to be qualified which you must certainly are not.