Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media Business - Experiences

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Virgin Media Business - Experiences

Old 26-06-2017, 12:23   #1
thedotlair
cf.member

thedotlair is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Virgin Media Business - Experiences

Hi all,

Wondered if anybody who is on VMB have any experiences relating to the faults process that they attached to business lines? Am considering getting a line installed under their top package including 5x Static IPs and wondered what the fault resolution is like.....

The last time I was on VM, their support was abysmal and failed to resolve an issue after 3 months at which point I used their contract against them to get out; however, that was on residential.

Any thoughts, experiences would be good. Current ISP is AAISP bonded 1TB lines but looking to drop the cost slightly.

Cheers
thedotlair is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 26-06-2017, 20:06   #2
ccarmock
cf.geek

ccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation era
Re: Virgin Media Business - Experiences

As with most things you will find people's experiences vary. From my own perspective I have found support from the team for business broadband excellent. The service I have has worked well, but not without an occasional fault. When I have called - usually out of hours I have been put through to an engineer that will login to the CMTS and start to troubleshoot with me while I am on the phone.

They even managed to get a re-segmentation expedited for me.

There have been reports of variable performance with the new 350 Mb/s business services, from my own perspective performance is very solid.

VM Business support is managed out of the UK, by a dedicated team.
ccarmock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2017, 15:05   #3
pcfarrar
Inactive

pcfarrar is an unknown quantity at this point

VM Business is pretty decent for support. I have to call them regularly with faults and most are resolved within a few hours. The longest I've ever had downtime for was 4 days and this was due to the problem being located in the street.

I've updated many of my connections to 350 Mb now and the service seems solid.
pcfarrar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2017, 18:20   #4
vm_tech
cf.addict

vm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to all

I'm a business engineer and the best bit of advice I can give is make sure a business cable modem is the correct product for you. I go to a lot of customers who really need a Managed Internet Access product rather than a cable modem, but they are not willing to pay the extra money. As an example I visited a customer who's connection was down for approx 12 hours and during that time she claimed the business lost £5k. Personally if you're gonna lose that much money over such a short period of time, you should be running an MIA with a cable modem as a backup and maybe even an ADSL as a 3rd resort
vm_tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2017, 20:23   #5
thedotlair
cf.member

thedotlair is an unknown quantity at this point

Cheers all!

vm_tech: thanks for the advice, an MIA is overkill for me but already looking at keeping one of the VDSL circuits as a backup with a 4G modem as a tertiary. Overkill slightly but at least that way everything stays working, albeit slightly slower as the links fail over.
thedotlair is offline   Reply With Quote