Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 1

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 1
Closed Thread

Old 27-03-2012, 19:27   #2596
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: Coming soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
I don't see why anyone should go after anyone.

You guys post the information you get in good faith and if it doesn't happen, well, it's not the end of the world. Info from Iniders can never be 100% relied upon, so those who think it can are delusional.
Thanks PB for your kind support.
Old 27-03-2012, 19:27   #2597
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Thanks PB for your kind support.
Same here.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 27-03-2012, 19:34   #2598
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by virginruinedntl View Post
this is NOT good news Youview looks like it will launch on May 14th, i suspect if they can add quite a few pay channels to that platform that VM and Sky could be in a spot of bother. I certainly hope so anyway. Not happy about the cost increases and getting nothing for it, no 60mb for me until july ATLEAST and i don't even need 60mb.
Youview and Sky launching fibre BB very soon. VM will face a lot of pressure from both it's main rivals. And what are VM doing about a much needed USP (Multiroom streaming)? Taking forever to implement it! They need to get their finger out and launch it very soon along with services such as Netflix and Lovefilm and all the rest of those "Hundreds of apps" promised by Cindy Rose
Old 27-03-2012, 20:01   #2599
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
carlwaring has reached the bronze age
carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by virginruinedntl View Post
i suspect if they can add quite a few pay channels to that platform that VM and Sky could be in a spot of bother.
Well I can't find any channel lists for the platform, but I don't thin they'll be any (pay tv) competition to either Sky or VM anytime soon

---------- Post added at 19:01 ---------- Previous post was at 19:01 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
I don't see why anyone should go after anyone.

You guys post the information you get in good faith and if it doesn't happen, well, it's not the end of the world. Info from Iniders can never be 100% relied upon, so those who think it can are delusional.
You might want to tell certain posters in this forum that as they seem to think it is
Old 27-03-2012, 20:10   #2600
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlwaring View Post
Well I can't find any channel lists for the platform, but I don't thin they'll be any (pay tv) competition to either Sky or VM anytime soon
There may not be linear pay TV channels however I believe there will be pay TV OD content

http://digitaltvnewssummary.wordpres...ce-on-youview/
Old 27-03-2012, 20:14   #2601
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

And theres me thinking of going over fully to VM with all there promises - customers conned again.

I was due to get a phone call from VM over a problem that l have after recommending my son to the network, then l get a problem, VM promised to call me to sort it out, and bingo - no one called.

Customers cannot be treated as though they don't exist.
Old 27-03-2012, 20:53   #2602
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
And theres me thinking of going over fully to VM with all there promises - customers conned again.
So how have we been "conned again" this time, Arthur? Remember, nothing was promised and nothing's arrived. (Talking about the TV service specifically here.)

Quote:
I was due to get a phone call from VM over a problem that l have after recommending my son to the network, then l get a problem, VM promised to call me to sort it out, and bingo - no one called.
This is, of course, a major problem with VM and should really be sorted out.
Old 27-03-2012, 22:58   #2603
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
No scheduled Channels launches until July on Virgin TV - confirmed.

An Insider has today told me.
Not great news however July has been a good month for channel launches, and exclusive deals in the past. Hopefully July 2012 will be just as good.

July 2007 - Setanta Sports added to XL
July 2009 - ESPN added to XL
July 2009 - 4 HD, Living HD, FX HD, MTVN HD, National Geographic HD
July 2010 - 5 HD, Film 4HD

It's all just speculation however I wonder if Premier Sports will be added to XL in July, just like Setanta and ESPN previously. I also wonder if current deals with MTV and National Geographic, signed 3 years ago, are up for renewal which might allow Virgin to add Nat Geo Wild HD and MTV HD as part of any new deal.
Old 27-03-2012, 23:41   #2604
howardmicks
Inactive

Services: VIP.152b/b,2xTivos,Vm mobile+ipad 4th gen,BT Sports.sky2tbHD,sky3d+ extra+Sports+Movies HD(Murdoch's
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post

Customers cannot be treated as though they don't exist.
on the conned,After agree with carl on that one.Disapointed is probably a better word,I personally didnt expect any and if they did arrive looked at it as a bonus.Clearly there main focus is on broadband and tv is a additional extra,When they announced the arrival of tivo i thought it was stance to take on sky(the best they could) and place full backing behind it with apps multi streaming a vast collection of new channels.When they started to sell there channels alarm bells started to ring as i felt they were they relying on channel operators to supply them with channels,But i assumed this must have been considered during the process of selling channels.However its quickly becoming clear this was not the case,Cant help but start to wonder if the tv increase was now purely down to obtaining the f1 channel.If that is proven to be the case it makes a totally mokery of there stance in aquiring sky atlantic,Whats the reason for not aquiring other channels from other providers ie universal hd and itv`s hd channels or even disney`s.Yes customers have been pinning there hopes on rumours,But surely vm should have relised that customers whould expect something extra for there money.The tivo increase to me is just totally crazy,Vm have claimed that they want everybody on tivo in the future.This is just delaying it even further,For the minute i personally will be staying with vm however over the next few months will be looking to see if they strenghen there tv side as i dont wont to go back to sky.But others want and vm really need to relook at the tv side and tivo and decide there plan of action and inform customers and stick to it,Some will agree with me some wont
Old 28-03-2012, 00:27   #2605
jobbie8
cf.addict

Services: BB 250MB, SKY Stream, Netfix, Disney+, Discovery+, AppleTV+,YouTube Premium, Paramount+
jobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nice
I too thought TiVo was VM's serious attempt at a quality TV service. Since TiVo launched VM seemed to have 'gone down hill' in many ways for me. Things have become stale.
Has adding TiVo been too much for them to cope with? Somethings not quite right.
Old 28-03-2012, 00:34   #2606
Rillington
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media, DAB
Rillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
however I wonder if Premier Sports will be added to XL in July, just like Setanta and ESPN previously.
Would be nice, as long as it doesn't co-inside with the removal of ESPN and, in particular for me, ESPN America.
Old 28-03-2012, 00:46   #2607
jobbie8
cf.addict

Services: BB 250MB, SKY Stream, Netfix, Disney+, Discovery+, AppleTV+,YouTube Premium, Paramount+
jobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nice
I've been a loyal customer for many years and have recomended VM to around 11 family and friends in that time, without incentive. I now find myself looking at Sky as they seem to be steaming ahead on many things I want and I no longer feel that VM will ever offer them 'soon'.

---------- Post added at 11:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 PM ----------

and if indeed the tv price rises were to pay for F1, I think that will be the last straw for me.
Old 28-03-2012, 01:01   #2608
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobbie8 View Post
I too thought TiVo was VM's serious attempt at a quality TV service.
The launch of Tivo has/had nothing to do with their TV service as such. It is/was simply a replacement for the V+. Nothing more, nothing less. And their TV service will continue to evolve.

---------- Post added 28-03-2012 at 00:01 ---------- Previous post was 27-03-2012 at 23:59 ----------

Quote:
[/COLOR]and if indeed the tv price rises were to pay for F1, I think that will be the last straw for me.
The annual price rise was just that. Why do people insist on reading things into things that aren't there?!
Old 28-03-2012, 01:04   #2609
howardmicks
Inactive

Services: VIP.152b/b,2xTivos,Vm mobile+ipad 4th gen,BT Sports.sky2tbHD,sky3d+ extra+Sports+Movies HD(Murdoch's
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlwaring View Post
The launch of Tivo has/had nothing to do with their TV service as such. It is/was simply a replacement for the V+. Nothing more, nothing less. And their TV service will continue to evolve.

---------- Post added 28-03-2012 at 00:01 ---------- Previous post was 27-03-2012 at 23:59 ----------

The annual price rise was just that. Why do people insist on reading things into things that aren't there?!
What yer smokin carl clearly the tivo as a lot to do with the tv service,Annual rise ? we have lost channels but yet tv increase? only new one f1.Sorry but customers are bound to wonder if that is what the increase was for
They was telling us one week there doubling are broadband for free then a few weeks later they up the price,Can`t blame people`s for wondering matey
Old 28-03-2012, 01:08   #2610
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Since TiVo launched VM seemed to have 'gone down hill' in many ways for me. Things have become stale.
It's not been a great start to 2012. I too thought things had become stale however upon review of what has been delivered since TiVo launched 15 months ago, Virgin have actually delivered a lot. In fact it's probably their busiest period ever, apart from when the SKY HD channels launched in 2010, for delivering new channels and On Demand content.

ITV +1
True Entertainment
BBC Alba
Dave HD
Watch HD
Sony Entertainment
CBS Action
PBS
Eden HD
Eden +1
Yesterday +1
Good Food HD
SKY Arts 1 HD
SKY Arts 2 HD
SKY Movies Classics HD
Boxnation
SKY Sports F1
NDTV 24x7
Colors
Sunrise Radio

We also got access to SKY Anytime, 3D content, ESPN Classic On Demand, not to mention the Spotify deal.

If Virgin can deliver this type of volume again over the next 15 months I'll be a very happy customer.
Closed Thread