Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media prices are going up again...

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion

Virgin Media prices are going up again...

Old 05-08-2017, 18:35   #46
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
Re: Virgin Media prices are going up again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Oscar View Post
I think it's going to be Vivid 50 on it's own for me then down the line, I've got all 3 services at the mo on a contract that started back in November last year so this will be a good time to junk the TV and phone (which I don't use, no handset even ...)

One the one hand I'll be paying slightly more a month, but I'll be saving the yearly phone line saver payment ... swings and roundabouts eh?
Bt infinity is probably better than vivif50
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-08-2017, 19:22   #47
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
My contract finishes near the end of the year for so Virgin and l are likely to be in for some tough talking..
Everybody's contract ends because of this price rise (as long as you act). Suspect some of it is down to BT Sport getting Ashes cricket, which also starts in November. They paid a lot and it's in VMs full package rather than an add on.
Mr K is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 22:18   #48
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

I still say that VM cannot justify the price increase. Yet again VM will be relying on those 'loyal' customers to stay.

If everyone cancelled there contracts. Where would VM be.
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 10:22   #49
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
I still say that VM cannot justify the price increase. Yet again VM will be relying on those 'loyal' customers to stay.

If everyone cancelled there contracts. Where would VM be.
Apathy always rules Arthur. That's why these companies are so fond of direct debits.
Old 06-08-2017, 14:28   #50
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

My neighbour is receiving the new V box 6 with no charge for installing and no extra charge monthly, But her son is being offered but has to pay £20 installation fee,
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 12:48   #51
Kabaal
Haggis Hunting

Kabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of Quads

Haven't been offered anything decent so far.

£46 for the player bundle on 12 month contract
£48 for the player bundle with 30 day rolling contract
£38 for 100mb on it's own.

So pretty much just the normal non-discounted prices. Also told me i'd have to pay a penalty if I downgraded from a bundle to 100mb on it's own which i've never heard of before.

Hopefully the next person when i call back later will offer something better.
Kabaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 17:33   #52
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabaal View Post

So pretty much just the normal non-discounted prices. Also told me i'd have to pay a penalty if I downgraded from a bundle to 100mb on it's own which i've never heard of before.

I found that when I phoned up for a new deal , they were not prepared to discount very much ,just a £5 a month. When I asked if that was the best they could do he offered a one off discount of £20. I cannot complain to much the last deal was full house with Sky movies and sport, plus vivid 200 for £67.50. Now paying £94.
alwaysabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 22:01   #53
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabaal View Post

I find it pays to wait before asking for a discount. Has anyone had individual notification yet? They play hard-nose at first sight as not to encourage others. Wait till you've been notified, and they've had a raft of cancellations and the atmosphere becomes more generous. That, or call their bluff and cancel, and await the inevitable call.
Old 07-08-2017, 23:14   #54
JPAC
cf.addict

JPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to all

VM send out a letter/email one month before price increase so 1st Oct this time. They know how to play the game, so you really have to be sure what the competition are offering. I don't think they do the ring back after you told them you want to quit any more. Ask for the last day of your billing cycle and payment date if you want the best deal. VM aren't interested in your business these days, just choose the best deal you can find.

Link; http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/uti...-customer-tips

Remain calm and try not to insult, it's a game to VM, it's your money.
JPAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 08:04   #55
blackthorn
cf.geek

blackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation era

I had notification yesterday by email £3.99 from Nov 1st and offering me a V6 box with £20 activation
blackthorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 12:07   #56
toady
cf.geek

Services: A mix of XXL and XL
toady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackthorn View Post
I had notification yesterday by email £3.99 from Nov 1st and offering me a V6 box with £20 activation
Lucky you, I received an email saying my bill was going up by £3.49 and they offered nothing
toady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 12:33   #57
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

Virgin Media will attempt to head off customer anger at its latest price hike by offering customers a series of 'targeted service enhancements' UK managers will be working to avoid a repeat of those losses (after last years price hike) by offering the majority of impacted customers package boosts such as speed increases, customer premises equipment (CPE) upgrades and additional TV content.

http://www.seenit.co.uk/virgin-media...er-price-hike/
Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 12:43   #58
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin-D View Post
Virgin Media will attempt to head off customer anger at its latest price hike by offering customers a series of 'targeted service enhancements' UK managers will be working to avoid a repeat of those losses (after last years price hike) by offering the majority of impacted customers package boosts such as speed increases, customer premises equipment (CPE) upgrades and additional TV content.

http://www.seenit.co.uk/virgin-media...er-price-hike/
Now lets see what that entails..
Old 08-08-2017, 12:48   #59
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Now lets see what that entails..
Absolutely they can't offer me any equipment upgrades as I have two V6's and the Hub 3

So it doesn't leave much left already on the full house pack with 200Mbps broadband I won't be taking any thing if it involved the price going up further from the latest hike
Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 23:06   #60
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal

They could give you 300 or 350meg broadband.
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote