Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media Contact Phone Numbers and Email

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion

NTL Customer Services: Your personal experience
View Poll Results: My personal experience of NTL CS has been:
I've never had any trouble from them 153 16.85%
Generally OK, occasional hassle 206 22.69%
Very hit'n' miss, about 50/50 174 19.16%
They normally mess it up 163 17.95%
Completely awful, every day of the week 212 23.35%
Voters: 908. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2003, 14:33   #1
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
NTL Customer Services: Your personal experience

OK, let's have a definitive answer to this thorny issue. What is your own personal experience of NTL customer services?

Tell us your story, and don't forget to vote. I'm going to try to set this up as a public poll so we can all see who voted what, as I am interested to explore the allegation that those who claim not to have trouble with CS are in the main NTL staff in disguise.
Advertisement
Old 05-11-2003, 14:40   #2
Nemesis
Inactive

Services: Virgin stuff
Nemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny star
Nemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny starNemesis has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to Nemesis
Re: NTL Customer Services: Your personal experience

Right ....

Been a Customer of NTl for 10 years or so, from analogue, through to Digital, have BB and Phone, and did have dialup.

Have had the need to call CS on occasion, and yes they can be a pain at times, cutting off calls and so on. But in ALL cases the problems and queries I have had have been resolved. They were really bad at one point but in my opinion have got better over the last 6 months or so.

.... and I do NOT work for NTL ... how do I prove that... I don't know.
Old 05-11-2003, 14:43   #3
Undisputedtruth
Banned

Undisputedtruth can only hope to improve

I can recall several incidence of poor customer services from NTL.

At the moment I'm current going through a bad situation caused by NTL of course. The imbecilles at retentions have managed to disconnect my phoneline without my consent. Being the liars they are, they accused me of giving them my consent but the CS from telephone billings says otherwise.
Old 05-11-2003, 14:48   #4
gary_580

Been an NTL customer for a long long time (10 yrs + i think, well it was CWC and beofre that cablevision), analogue, digital, phone and BB.

Bad Points

Took them over a month to get peterborough BB stable in Jan 2003. But was after 18months without a sign hic up

I lose my channels and BB often but dont bother calling as its usually working again by the time i would have got through. (yes i know how to reboot my STB without them asking me to do it!!)

No caller id in my area

Was promised free call NTL world which ended up being delayed 18 months +

When converting to digital salesman told me id get SSX (however they refunded the difference between digital and analogue for a whole years payments)

Good Points

Had engineers round within the hour on 3 occasions.

Got my new house connected up and working when i moved before i actually got in the house

We dont lose BBC 1 like Sky do in my area

Overall i'd rate them as "Better the devil you know"

Old 05-11-2003, 14:51   #5
homealone

Quote:
Originally Posted by towny
OK, let's have a definitive answer to this thorny issue. What is your own personal experience of NTL customer services?

Tell us your story, and don't forget to vote. I'm going to try to set this up as a public poll so we can all see who voted what, as I am interested to explore the allegation that those who claim not to have trouble with CS are in the main NTL staff in disguise.
I had to vote "never had any trouble" - because I've never had to call them. I have 2 phones, never had any trouble with either, 2 analogue tv boxes - only 2 short outages in over 4 years and 600k broadband on a SACM.

Ok I can't pretend the broadband has been perfect, but I have usually managed to sort problems by re-booting the modem or setting a proxy. I havn't seen the point in contacting CS about the ongoing problems with email & newsgroups, as I know I will get the "no sla" answer.

- I don't work for NTL

Old 05-11-2003, 14:51   #6
th'engineer
Inactive

Services: up to 30 MEG CF version of Peter Kay
th'engineer is a name known to allth'engineer is a name known to allth'engineer is a name known to allth'engineer is a name known to allth'engineer is a name known to allth'engineer is a name known to allth'engineer is a name known to allth'engineer is a name known to all
Send a message via MSN to th'engineer
Mnachester CS leading Light in Service

Today have spoke to CS in Manchester and have spoke to a very helpful person on the end of the telephone.

He was professional, courteous, understood the problem right away and actioned the problem within the faults system.

He also had a similar NTL package to myself so was fully aware of the problems experienced by the user.

The last time that I spoke to the same person he also actioned the fault with professionalism.

So I can honestly say it depends who you get through to on the telephone anyway a full 10 marks to NTL CS in Manchester

Old 05-11-2003, 14:56   #7
downquark1
cf.mega poster

Services: Plusnet FFTC
downquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appeal
downquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appeal

I've been this this company since NYNEX, my experiences can't really reflect the current state now so on average I'll say they normally cock it up.
Old 05-11-2003, 15:00   #8
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

A very good poll this. I agree with th'engineer depends on who you get to speak to on the other end of the telephone, if your problem is resolved swiftly, great, if there is a delay or no helpful response at all, not so great.
Old 05-11-2003, 15:10   #9
paulyoung666
Permanently Banned

paulyoung666 has a nice shiny star
paulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny star

well i must admit i have never had any trouble , ok sometimes it is difficult to express your problem to c.s. but eventually i find the problem is worked out , oh and btw towny i dont work for ntl either
Old 05-11-2003, 15:15   #10
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Apart from about a month of unreliable broadband, which turned out to be a knackered STB, I have had generally good service.
Old 05-11-2003, 15:25   #11
Rubber Duck
Inactive

Rubber Duck is an unknown quantity at this point

The only trouble weâ₠¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢d ever have is the odd occasion we have rung up customer services & had to wait ages for an operator (it once took just over an hour)
Old 05-11-2003, 16:10   #12
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

I have had to contact them three times as I can recall and have never had a problem with them.

Baby, I was born this way.
Old 05-11-2003, 16:59   #13
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Services: 2 V6 running 360. 500mb BB, Phone line, mobile simm.
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star

Two STB's, two phones, 600kBB. Have had very little trouble, may have been lucky,but the CS/tech people in Wales and Manchester that I have spoken to have always been very polite and helpful.
Email is an absolute pain, but even that seems to be flying today,

Oh nearly forgot, I do not work for NTL.
Old 05-11-2003, 17:28   #14
orangebird
Inactive

Services: Yeah Baby! ;)
orangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny star
orangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny star

As you can all view, I voted 50/50. I've had to ring them twice - once they fixed the problem, once they didn't. Oh, and yes, I am an employee
Old 05-11-2003, 17:40   #15
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Services: 2 V6 running 360. 500mb BB, Phone line, mobile simm.
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangebird
As you can all view, I voted 50/50. I've had to ring them twice - once they fixed the problem, once they didn't. Oh, and yes, I am an employee
Forgive me for being stupid, how do you view how someone has voted

OOPS, Cancel that, you click on the totals. DOH.
Closed Thread