Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)
Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2017, 01:16   #436
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
"Vodafone has put its plans to join Britain’s crowded pay-TV market on pause indefinitely as it battles tough trading on home turf and strives to build its share of the broadband market."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/...odafone-sales/
Strange if they have put it on pause as they've been trialing it to some customers and increased the trialist base last week.
Advertisement
Old 06-02-2017, 08:43   #437
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
Strange if they have put it on pause as they've been trialing it to some customers and increased the trialist base last week.
I agree, theone, and a big reason why they are not getting more broadband customers is that their rivals offer telly - but they don't!
Old 06-02-2017, 09:33   #438
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
"Vodafone has put its plans to join Britain’s crowded pay-TV market on pause indefinitely as it battles tough trading on home turf and strives to build its share of the broadband market."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/...odafone-sales/
l cannot say l am surprised by that.
Old 06-02-2017, 10:17   #439
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I agree, theone, and a big reason why they are not getting more broadband customers is that their rivals offer telly - but they don't!
The broadband customer base is growing steadily. Mostly due to the no line rental on fibre.

I am surprised by the TV though they have spent a lot of money on it over the last few years and have tried to make a decent products
Old 06-02-2017, 11:17   #440
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
The broadband customer base is growing steadily. Mostly due to the no line rental on fibre.

I am surprised by the TV though they have spent a lot of money on it over the last few years and have tried to make a decent products
Vodafone's offering in Ireland looks relatively threadbare against VM and Sky so I can understand if they decided not to enter the market. EE's TV offering in the UK had just 98,000 customers when BT bought the company so perhaps Vodafone felt like O2 and Three felt it was not worthwhile.
If Vodafone does want to enter the UK pay-TV market then perhaps it could acquire TalkTalk. It could operate TalkTalk the same way that BT does with Plusnet but use its infrastructure to launch a TV service.
Vodafone might want to pounce sooner than later as TalkTalk's founder and 30% shareholder Sir Charles Dunstone is now starting to pull the strings and Dido Harding is leaving with a nine-month pay-off.
Old 06-02-2017, 11:48   #441
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Vodafone's offering in Ireland looks relatively threadbare against VM and Sky so I can understand if they decided not to enter the market. EE's TV offering in the UK had just 98,000 customers when BT bought the company so perhaps Vodafone felt like O2 and Three felt it was not worthwhile.
If Vodafone does want to enter the UK pay-TV market then perhaps it could acquire TalkTalk. It could operate TalkTalk the same way that BT does with Plusnet but use its infrastructure to launch a TV service.
Vodafone might want to pounce sooner than later as TalkTalk's founder and 30% shareholder Sir Charles Dunstone is now starting to pull the strings and Dido Harding is leaving with a nine-month pay-off.
it wouldn't have been like the Ireland service nor was it competing with Sky and VM it would have been a rival to BT and Talk Talk and those who want more than just freeview.
Old 06-02-2017, 13:45   #442
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
I do see the tv with BT as a bonus to my broadband ok i'm paying £10 extra a month but it's there if my other means goes pear shaped.
Also suprisingly SSE are rumoured to be trialing tv some point this year.

---------- Post added at 12:45 ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
From what little info i had, vodafone uk tv was going to be based on nowtv with a few additions aka nat geo, h2, tcm.
The details were always quite sketchy though.
Old 06-02-2017, 17:51   #443
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Comedy Central is being shown until 10pm tonight on Virgin UK Channel 100 with an other lineup.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 06-02-2017, 18:23   #444
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
I do see the tv with BT as a bonus to my broadband ok i'm paying £10 extra a month but it's there if my other means goes pear shaped.
Also suprisingly SSE are rumoured to be trialing tv some point this year.

---------- Post added at 12:45 ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 ----------

From what little info i had, vodafone uk tv was going to be based on nowtv with a few additions aka nat geo, h2, tcm.
The details were always quite sketchy though.
They spent a lot of money on it over the last couple of years. Seems a strange choice when it would have only been near launch.

Last edited by Stephen; 07-02-2017 at 16:15.
Old 06-02-2017, 23:51   #445
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:

They spent a lot of money on it over the last couple of years. Seems a strange choice when it would have only been near launch.
It is indeed strange, i'm going to do some digging around on this see if those in the know know anything about what's happening with vodafone tv.

Last edited by Stephen; 07-02-2017 at 16:14.
Old 07-02-2017, 15:50   #446
Horizon
Media Watcher

Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Horizon has reached the bronze age
Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age

Quote:

Well, we won't know until Vodafone say something, but two thoughts here.

With Sky's announcement that they're launching their full tv service over broadband, I wonder if this has altered Vodafone's plans.

If it has, I wonder if Vodafone might then get into bed with Malone despite their reservations about how he runs his business' off debt and his extreme tax "planning" measures.

Last edited by Stephen; 07-02-2017 at 16:14.
Old 07-02-2017, 17:05   #447
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

I agree with 1andrew1 on this Talk Talk would be the perfect acquisition in this country , it would massively increse Vodafone's broadband userbase over night and give it a bigger pool with which to push a TV service and up sell other products.
Old 07-02-2017, 19:22   #448
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light

Anything interesting on the horizon for Virgin TV this year...?

I hope that Amazon Video will finally appear on 205, justifying Virgin's claim of bringing together all the TV you love in one place.

Viceland looks to be launching on 215 very soon.

Is there more that we know about or is rumoured?

Maybe a few other missing HD channels like History HD, C+I HD, E! HD, Nick Jr HD, Boomerang HD, Disney Channel HD, Disney Junior HD and Disney XD HD?

An end to ITV Encore's exclusivity on Sky or AMC's exclusivity on BT? Not that there is much of value on either channel, in my opinion.
Old 07-02-2017, 19:42   #449
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicMaster View Post
Anything interesting on the horizon for Virgin TV this year...?

I hope that Amazon Video will finally appear on 205, justifying Virgin's claim of bringing together all the TV you love in one place.

Viceland looks to be launching on 215 very soon.

Is there more that we know about or is rumoured?

Maybe a few other missing HD channels like History HD, C+I HD, E! HD, Nick Jr HD, Boomerang HD, Disney Channel HD, Disney Junior HD and Disney XD HD?

An end to ITV Encore's exclusivity on Sky or AMC's exclusivity on BT? Not that there is much of value on either channel, in my opinion.
Well, those are the questions of the day, SonicMaster, to which there are absolutely no answers at this time!
Old 09-02-2017, 19:33   #450
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Well, those are the questions of the day, SonicMaster, to which there are absolutely no answers at this time!
The continuing absence of History HD, C+I HD and E! HD is particularly strange as all of them are available on BT in addition to Sky. History HD and C+I HD are even available in Virgin Media in Ireland, but not here!
Closed Thread