Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | After 13 years with Virgin

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

After 13 years with Virgin

Old 05-05-2012, 23:22   #31
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
Re: After 13 years with Virgin

After 13 years with a virgin I would be leaving

Sorry but I thought someone would have come out with this comment.

Coat got and out the door
devilincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-05-2012, 23:39   #32
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
carlwaring has reached the bronze age
carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age

Too obvious
carlwaring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 11:42   #33
borrissey
Inactive

Services: 152meg BB. XL TV, Sky Sports and Sky Movies (HD), 1TB TiVo and a 500GB TiVo box.
borrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation era
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlwaring View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderlips View Post
only saving money cause i pointed this out if i hadnt i would still have been paying over the top ! and i had only signed a 12 month contract a few weeks earlier and was made to sign another one a few weeks later to reduce my bill to what it should of been in the first place ! UNDERSTAND NOW IS IT CLEAR ?
Yes. You have to sign a new contract every time you re-negotiate. That you already signed a new one recently is entirely irrelevant. Is THAT clear now?
Easy now my fuzzy little man peach.
borrissey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 12:42   #34
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderlips View Post
i did not expect anything for free ! the point was i only signed up for a new 12 month contract a few weeks before ! but to get my bill reduced as it should of been in the first place i had to sign a new contract again !
New product new contract.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 13:31   #35
Ramraider
Inactive

Services: V.I.P.
Ramraider is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_ View Post
New product new contract.
I agree entirely but.....I've been with virginmedia from day one, had VIP collection since release date which as crept up fron £75 to at present £105 pm

So I rang Virgin last week after seeing the new VIP Collections offers as i have been out of contract for years although i'm still a virgin payer.

I asked for the VIP collection offer were it's half price for 6 month then £90 but the lady said thats for new customers Sir, not for you who is paying £105 a month and still as the V+ box, old 256 ambit modem and 20mb BB!!!!

So my argument with her was that if i took on the new VIP offer i would have a new product/ new contract

so therefore becoming a new customer again!!!

she wouldn't budge
Ramraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 13:57   #36
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

Isn't the fact that they let you out of a contact you'd willingly agreed to just a few weeks earlier actually a point in Virgin's favour?
andy_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 14:04   #37
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Here's hoping Nor will return and let us know what he has actually decided upon and how it's going for him..Otherwise I see no point in reading this thread.
Old 06-05-2012, 18:26   #38
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramraider View Post
so therefore becoming a new customer again!!!
Which, of course, you wouldn't. Unless you want to lose all your accrued discount?
Old 06-05-2012, 20:20   #39
Ramraider
Inactive

Services: V.I.P.
Ramraider is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlwaring View Post
Which, of course, you wouldn't. Unless you want to lose all your accrued discount?
what discount!!!! thats why i want the half price offer that new customers are being offered!! Virgin have never given me anything in 15yr except bill increases
Ramraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 21:10   #40
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Weird
Old 07-05-2012, 13:20   #41
Nor
Inactive

Nor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to behold

Oooft, thanks for all the replies and advice. I am interested in anyone's view on it, which is why I posted. I have spoken to retentions and their plan was to reduce my services to reduce my monthly bill.

My package:

1 Tivo (which I paid £150 for)
2 V+ boxes
50MB Broadband
Telephone (very bottom package as I don't use the phone)
TV XL
Sky Sports

I don't have Sky Movies. I don't have any Premium HD channels.

Bill comes to £105 per month.
Nor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 13:33   #42
jodash
Inactive

Services: Virgin VHDX1 Tivo X2 100mg B/B and Telephone (VIP) IPhone,Ipad
jodash is on a distinguished roadjodash is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superblade7 View Post
Check out the VM website, the new 'Collections' seem to be saving people some money if the are suitable for you.

Failing that, price up an equivalent package with Sky and then (if you are out of contract) give retentions a call and say Sky have offered me .... what can you do to match? They are usually pretty good about it and should offer you a better deal.
thank you I will do
jodash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 14:27   #43
scotmac
Inactive

Services: XL Tv 2 x V6 1 TB TiVo 200 Broadband XL phone
scotmac is a glorious beacon of lightscotmac is a glorious beacon of lightscotmac is a glorious beacon of lightscotmac is a glorious beacon of lightscotmac is a glorious beacon of lightscotmac is a glorious beacon of lightscotmac is a glorious beacon of light

@ Nor. that does seem to be a lot your paying as i have,

1 TB TiVo
500 GB TiVo
V+HD
TV XL
Phone XL
50MB BB
Sky Movies
Sky Sports
Sky Premium HD
for £106.47
scotmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 14:47   #44
Nor
Inactive

Nor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to beholdNor is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotmac View Post

1 TB TiVo
500 GB TiVo
V+HD
TV XL
Phone XL
50MB BB
Sky Movies
Sky Sports
Sky Premium HD
for £106.47
Thanks for that Scot.
Nor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 14:54   #45
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotmac View Post

1 TB TiVo
500 GB TiVo
V+HD
TV XL
Phone XL
50MB BB
Sky Movies
Sky Sports