Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | After 13 years with Virgin

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

After 13 years with Virgin

Old 05-05-2012, 16:18   #16
jodash
Inactive

Services: Virgin VHDX1 Tivo X2 100mg B/B and Telephone (VIP) IPhone,Ipad
jodash is on a distinguished roadjodash is on a distinguished road
Re: After 13 years with Virgin

I have also been with virgin etc from the early days of Blueyonder,have phoned on more then one occasion to reduce my bill but have never been offered some of the packages people have talked about,have made some small savings on my telephone service but that is all,would like to change to sky to take advantage of my Samsung 3D smart TV!,but to much hassle,I have the XL service
jodash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-05-2012, 16:32   #17
richard1960

Services: vm broadband tvxl TiVo, v+ sky sports and phone.

Deals are there to be had with VM for those that review their packages regularly like me.

I have M phone, TV XL with TiVo,10mb BB,Sky sports,and a V+ free of charge in the bedroom(allowed to keep old V+ box),and a £7 discount on my bill applied for 2 years,also got free TiVo and activation new 12 month contract though.

£73.50 after the current price rise is factored in.

My advice is get onto retensions and see what they can do for you.

OP you are paying way over the odds seemingly for what you have,but as you have not listed exactly what you have ie 10mb BB or Higher ect ect its hard to judge what you should be paying.
Old 05-05-2012, 17:19   #18
Superblade7
cf.geek

Services: Sky Q 2TB & Sky Q Mini (Box Sets with Cinema & Sports HD) with VM VIVID 100Mbps Broadband & M Phone
Superblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodash View Post
I have also been with virgin etc from the early days of Blueyonder,have phoned on more then one occasion to reduce my bill but have never been offered some of the packages people have talked about,have made some small savings on my telephone service but that is all,would like to change to sky to take advantage of my Samsung 3D smart TV!,but to much hassle,I have the XL service
Check out the VM website, the new 'Collections' seem to be saving people some money if the are suitable for you.

Failing that, price up an equivalent package with Sky and then (if you are out of contract) give retentions a call and say Sky have offered me .... what can you do to match? They are usually pretty good about it and should offer you a better deal.
Superblade7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 17:45   #19
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

I heard an interesting tip on the radio this week. Some retention departments-and I don't know if Virgin are amongst them-have quotas for how many deals they're allowed to give out in any one day. The tip being, if you phone one day and get fobbed off, at least be prepared to phone again and give then another chance.
andy_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 19:15   #20
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
carlwaring has reached the bronze age
carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_m View Post
..be prepared to phone again and give then another chance.
I would agree with that. As mentioned elsewhere, the deal I got on Monday (though not as good as I was originally told) was not available by Thursday. Though whether that was to do with "quotas" or not I wouldn't know.
carlwaring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 19:52   #21
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Maybe Nor just wants a change..a break.Maybe he has no choice but to seek a much cheaper option with no quibbling.
Old 05-05-2012, 21:16   #22
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age

Well no-one's stopping him. Surely you can't make a post on a forum and not expect replies? He could have just done it and not posted about it if he didn't want people's comments.
Old 05-05-2012, 21:48   #23
thunderlips
Inactive

Services: XL TIVO, 200 MEG BB, PHONE , 4 MOBILES
thunderlips is a glorious beacon of lightthunderlips is a glorious beacon of lightthunderlips is a glorious beacon of lightthunderlips is a glorious beacon of lightthunderlips is a glorious beacon of lightthunderlips is a glorious beacon of lightthunderlips is a glorious beacon of light

i upgraded to the tivo in march given a new 12 month contract, last week i was looking at the collections and noticed what it was offering was more than i got and i was paying more, so i called vm spoke to someone about this and got the cold shoulder ( not impressed ) so i called retentions and spoke to someone who agreed that what i was paying was to much ! so i got my bill reduced, broadband upgraded but to get this i had to sign another 12 month contract ( again ) so mr berket got a email from me !
thunderlips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 21:51   #24
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderlips View Post
i upgraded to the tivo in march given a new 12 month contract, last week i was looking at the collections and noticed what it was offering was more than i got and i was paying more, so i called vm spoke to someone about this and got the cold shoulder ( not impressed ) so i called retentions and spoke to someone who agreed that what i was paying was to much ! so i got my bill reduced, broadband upgraded but to get this i had to sign another 12 month contract ( again ) so mr berket got a email from me !
And the issue is, you upgraded so that automatically means a new contract anywhere.

Some people want it for free.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 21:55   #25
thunderlips
Inactive

thunderlips is a glorious beacon of lightthunderlips is a glorious beacon of lightthunderlips is a glorious beacon of lightthunderlips is a glorious beacon of lightthunderlips is a glorious beacon of lightthunderlips is a glorious beacon of lightthunderlips is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_ View Post
And the issue is, you upgraded so that automatically means a new contract anywhere.

Some people want it for free.
i did not expect anything for free ! the point was i only signed up for a new 12 month contract a few weeks before ! but to get my bill reduced as it should of been in the first place i had to sign a new contract again !
Old 05-05-2012, 21:56   #26
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlwaring View Post
Well no-one's stopping him. Surely you can't make a post on a forum and not expect replies? He could have just done it and not posted about it if he didn't want people's comments.
And no one is stopping me from offering my opinion either.
Old 05-05-2012, 22:04   #27
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Quote:
i did not expect anything for free ! the point was i only signed up for a new 12 month contract a few weeks before ! but to get my bill reduced as it should of been in the first place i had to sign a new contract again !
So you have lost nothing and are saving some money. Not seeing a problem
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J View Post
And no one is stopping me from offering my opinion either.
Quite right too
Old 05-05-2012, 22:18   #28
thunderlips
Inactive

only saving money cause i pointed this out if i hadnt i would still have been paying over the top ! and i had only signed a 12 month contract a few weeks earlier and was made to sign another one a few weeks later to reduce my bill to what it should of been in the first place ! UNDERSTAND NOW IS IT CLEAR ?
Old 05-05-2012, 22:20   #29
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Let's stick to the topic please.
Old 05-05-2012, 23:08   #30
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Quote:
only saving money cause i pointed this out if i hadnt i would still have been paying over the top ! and i had only signed a 12 month contract a few weeks earlier and was made to sign another one a few weeks later to reduce my bill to what it should of been in the first place ! UNDERSTAND NOW IS IT CLEAR ?
Yes. You have to sign a new contract every time you re-negotiate. That you already signed a new one recently is entirely irrelevant. Is THAT clear now?