Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | TV Service down in Falkirk area

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Connect 2 tvs to one Tivo Box

Old 09-05-2012, 11:30   #1
nathstevenson
Inactive

nathstevenson is an unknown quantity at this point
Connect 2 tvs to one Tivo Box

Hi I have one tivo box and I am looking to connect it to the tv in my living room and the tv in my bedroom, I am not bothered about the quality on the second box not being hd so I am wondering if anyone can advise me on the cheapest way to connect 1 tivo box to two tvs either wired or wirelessly

Thanks Nathan
nathstevenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 09-05-2012, 12:51   #2
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Connect 2 tvs to one Tivo Box

A wireless video sender plugged into the TiVo's SCART socket is the usual solution. That's assuming your living room TV is connected by HDMI - if not you'll need a SCART splitter too.

A very long SCART lead is another possibility if you don't mind a thick cable running through your house.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 12:58   #3
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathstevenson View Post
Hi I have one tivo box and I am looking to connect it to the tv in my living room and the tv in my bedroom, I am not bothered about the quality on the second box not being hd so I am wondering if anyone can advise me on the cheapest way to connect 1 tivo box to two tvs either wired or wirelessly

Thanks Nathan
Have a look in this thread I still have the same set up now.http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/26...on-system.html http://www.amazon.co.uk/Universal-Sc...6565036&sr=1-1 http://www.amazon.co.uk/Marmitek-Pow...6564348&sr=8-6
alwaysabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 14:04   #4
nathstevenson
Inactive

nathstevenson is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the help

if i got a wireless transmitter like this - http://www.maplin.co.uk/audio-video-...kit-2727-44469 would the infrared function mentioned work or would I need a separate piece of like the one you linked to above?
nathstevenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 14:24   #5
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathstevenson View Post
Thanks for the help

if i got a wireless transmitter like this - http://www.maplin.co.uk/audio-video-...kit-2727-44469 would the infrared function mentioned work or would I need a separate piece of like the one you linked to above?
I have little experience of video senders, but this would appear to do the job for you . Beware that this uses the same frequency 2.4 ghz as many bb routers so you may get interference to one or both.
Just read through the spec in full and it "This item may not fully function with certain Sky+, Sky HD or Virgin Media set-top boxes. says"
alwaysabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 14:59   #6
Parlyboy
cf.addict

Services: Everything, sold my soul to Virgin!
Parlyboy is just really niceParlyboy is just really niceParlyboy is just really niceParlyboy is just really niceParlyboy is just really niceParlyboy is just really nice

Just a thought but if you got a Digisender but couldn't control the TiVo box you could investigate utilising the TiVo Iphone/iPad app to control the box in the other room, the officiall app in the Autumn will definitely let you do this. (think it works on Androids as well...stand to be corrected on that)

That being said I do wonder if the extra money you'd be shelling out wouldn't better better spend just getting another box?
Parlyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 15:07   #7
jempalmer

Services: 500gb Tivo & V+. TV XL, 60MB BB, M Phone.

Microwave ovens play havoc with 2.4GHz digisenders and wireless connections. Buy a 5.8 or run a cable.
Old 09-05-2012, 15:59   #8
tycho
Inactive

tycho is an unknown quantity at this point

If you get one of these

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Universal-Sc...6575406&sr=8-1

You can then just run a standard Co-Ax cable to your second TV.

You can then use a set of these to control the box from the remote location

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Marmitek-Pow...6575492&sr=1-3

Hope this helps

Cheers
tycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 18:08   #9
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysabear View Post
Just read through the spec in full and it "This item may not fully function with certain Sky+, Sky HD or Virgin Media set-top boxes. says"
It is referring to the old IrDA boxes. It's not an issue for TiVo.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote