Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | VIP50/TiVo Packs and International calls

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Fixed Phone Service

VIP50/TiVo Packs and International calls

Old 10-05-2011, 18:20   #16
BenJSmyth
Inactive

Services: Sky TV in the living room, Freeview in the bedroom. Plusnet Unlimited Fibre
BenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of light
Re: VIP50/TiVo Packs and International calls

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
The VIP bundle Talk Plans have been changed. That is not a mistake. However it's got nothing to do with clawing back the £3 for TiVo, as even if you go for VIP with V+ it's now the same
You have to admit though it isn't a particularly good value change for the VIP bundle, or a good value package in its own right. Has Talk International been stopped completely then on all package tiers?
BenJSmyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 11-05-2011, 10:34   #17
savvychels
cf.geek

Services: VIP120 w/ TiVo x2
savvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpack

Well I can definitely tell you that it's NOT the first complaint they've had - though it may be the first complaint those particular people have dealt with. I suspect there will be plenty more as people start getting their bills in.

If this is a permanent change (ie the original Talk International plan being binned) then they really need to get that old info off the website. I actually couldn't easily find any info on the new plans till I made a few guesses and typed in the actual http addy's. I found NO links to them through the normal website pathways - only links to the £1.75 plan.
savvychels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 10:46   #18
BenJSmyth
Inactive

Services: Sky TV in the living room, Freeview in the bedroom. Plusnet Unlimited Fibre
BenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of light

If only they would add more countries to the Talk International 5 and Talk International 10 then it would certainly make me happy. If South Africa was included in those two bundles I would move to that anyway, even if the original Talk International was still available.

I find it very strange that they are removing value from an already expensive landline service. Other rivals offer international calls free with good value buindles. Sky have £5 a month for unlimited international calls and I think Talk Talk do the same for £2 a month. This change to our bundles has pushed the value of the landline service even further from their rivals and to a lot of people who make lots of international calls this could be a dealbreaker, regardless of the good value of the other bundled service VM include.

Very bad move IMO.
Old 18-05-2011, 09:01   #19
BenJSmyth
Inactive

I still have heard nothing back from VM further to my lengthy phone call to CS. I spoke with a chap called Martin Hawe who had escalated this and did attempt to phone me back a few days later but got through to my father in law. He was going to phone back again but hasn't.

I have attempted to contact VM again but nobody knows anything about my call. I tried emailing but received a response from a customer service agent saying there was no need for them to phone as they can deal with this via email. The email they sent states the costs associated with the Talk International plan and quotes me 3.06p per minute for me to phone South Africa! No it doesn't!!

I wish I could speak to Martin Hawe again as he was very good indeed and understood fully the situation, but I can't get hold of him again!
Old 19-05-2011, 12:29   #20
savvychels
cf.geek

savvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpack

Call and choose 'thinking of leaving us'. I did, but was up front and said I wasn't planning to leave, but I felt they were the department that might actually take my call seriously and be able to do something to rectify it.

They had to put me through to sales to change the plan and then sales sent me back to CS for the refund, but it was all done relatively painlessly - sorry you're having such a hard time.
Old 19-05-2011, 12:58   #21
cookster
Inactive

cookster is on a distinguished roadcookster is on a distinguished road

How do I get a VIP package? I don't see them on VM website.

Thanks.
cookster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2011, 15:24   #22
BenJSmyth
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by savvychels View Post
Call and choose 'thinking of leaving us'. I did, but was up front and said I wasn't planning to leave, but I felt they were the department that might actually take my call seriously and be able to do something to rectify it.

They had to put me through to sales to change the plan and then sales sent me back to CS for the refund, but it was all done relatively painlessly - sorry you're having such a hard time.
I posted on the official Virgin forum and within about 10 minutes of my post Martin called me. Very helpful indeed and has refunded the call cost but has said the only options I now have is Talk International/Mobile 2 and the Talk International 5 and 10 packs. The original ones are being scrapped.

I was very happy with the way the call was handled. He hadn't contacted me because he was waiting to receive confirmation on what was going on! Even those who haven't upgraded to Tivo will be moved across to these new plans as the old one is being phased out. So be aware if you make a lot of international calls.

I am not very happy that they have scrapped the original call plans. 20p per minute to an international landline in 2011 is ridiculous and someone at the top of the Virgin Media tree should reconsider IMO.

---------- Post added at 15:24 ---------- Previous post was at 15:05 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookster View Post
How do I get a VIP package? I don't see them on VM website.

Thanks.
This is what you are looking for:

http://shop.virginmedia.com/bundles/...e-package.html
Old 19-05-2011, 20:12   #23
savvychels
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenJSmyth View Post

I am not very happy that they have scrapped the original call plans. 20p per minute to an international landline in 2011 is ridiculous and someone at the top of the Virgin Media tree should reconsider IMO.
Absolutely agree, but was told it was still good value as it's 10-20p per minute depending on where, and that the original price is 30p per minute. I'm not buying it, but i'm happy overall as for my calling needs I'm getting better value for money now.
Old 19-05-2011, 20:22   #24
kgollop
cf.geek

Services: VIP Bundle, with 350Mb BB and 2 x V6 boxes
kgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation era

Wow, this is terrible news. I've not be able to access E-Billing for 2 months now so have not realised what was going on. Last months bill looked about £30 too high, but I can't login to E-Billing to check. This would certainly explain it. My wife is American so makes a lot of calls home. I cannot believe that Virgin Media have sneaked this in with no notification whatsoever, absolutely shocking.
kgollop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2011, 20:41   #25
savvychels
cf.geek

If you ring CS they will sort it for you. Ben seemed to have a hard time with it, but mine was easy. And if you make a lot of international calls then the Int5 or 10 will actually be better value to you than the original international plan was.
Old 19-05-2011, 20:45   #26
kgollop
cf.geek

kgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation era

So am I reading this correctly? I can replace the Talk International 2 package included with the VIP 50 Tivo Pack, with Talk International 5 and my bill would be increased by £3 per month. This would give me wife 250 minutes a month to phone home?

---------- Post added at 20:45 ---------- Previous post was at 20:43 ----------

Quote:
If you ring CS they will sort it for you. Ben seemed to have a hard time with it, but mine was easy. And if you make a lot of international calls then the Int5 or 10 will actually be better value to you than the original international plan was.
Thanks. I think with Int5 I'd be about the same if I'm reading it right. Still really bad form that they have not told anybody about this though!
Old 19-05-2011, 20:54   #27
savvychels
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgollop View Post
So am I reading this correctly? I can replace the Talk International 2 package included with the VIP 50 Tivo Pack, with Talk International 5 and my bill would be increased by £3 per month. This would give me wife 250 minutes a month to phone home?

---------- Post added at 20:45 ---------- Previous post was at 20:43 ----------

Thanks. I think with Int5 I'd be about the same if I'm reading it right. Still really bad form that they have not told anybody about this though!
I agree - Very bad form that no one was told.

Yes, you are reading right - they can replace the Int 2 with the Int 5. You only pay an extra £3 (you still get the original £2 discount) and get 250 minutes free a month which works out at 2p a minute and anything over that 250 minutes is also only charged at 2p a minute.
Old 19-05-2011, 21:10   #28
kgollop
cf.geek

Quote:

Yes, you are reading right - they can replace the Int 2 with the Int 5. You only pay an extra £3 (you still get the original £2 discount) and get 250 minutes free a month which works out at 2p a minute and anything over that 250 minutes is also only charged at 2p a minute.
Great stuff, I'll give them a call and get changed over. Thanks
Old 19-05-2011, 22:28   #29
BenJSmyth
Inactive

Quote:

These packs are actually better value if you make a lot of calls to the included international destinations. My parents live in France which is included but unfortunately my partner's friend lives in South Africa which is not included.

If they added SA to this pack I would add it straightaway. £3 a month extra is good value but it doesn't include enough countries.

But this doesn't detract from the fact VM are sneakily removing the original Talk plans and have seemingly informed nobody about it. I should think CS will be getting a fair few calls over the next few weeks with people complaining of the same problem. Just when I thought the VIP pack had more value added with the £3 Tivo fee included, they go and ruin it by charging me 20p a minute to phone overseas!
Old 21-05-2011, 15:50   #30
Buzzman
Inactive

Services: VIP 50 with TIVO
Buzzman is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenJSmyth View Post
These packs are actually better value if you make a lot of calls to the included international destinations. My parents live in France which is included but unfortunately my partner's friend lives in South Africa which is not included.

If they added SA to this pack I would add it straightaway. £3 a month extra is good value but it doesn't include enough countries.

But this doesn't detract from the fact VM are sneakily removing the original Talk plans and have seemingly informed nobody about it. I should think CS will be getting a fair few calls over the next few weeks with people complaining of the same problem. Just when I thought the VIP pack had more value added with the £3 Tivo fee included, they go and ruin it by charging me 20p a minute to phone overseas!
After 50 minutes on the phone and having spoken to 3 different people (who also consulted various supervisors) I was informed that there was indeed information sent out regarding changes to call packages and as my international calls are also to South Africa I have no option but to accept 17p/min calls.

Well, I do not accept this and will return to using access numbers (12p/min) or skype.

Not impressed but my hands are tied!

Just setup Skype to use from my Virgin phone. 4p/min to South Africa.
Buzzman is offline   Reply With Quote