Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Gran Turismo 5 Prologue

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Sony Games Systems
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue

Old 26-03-2008, 19:44   #46
STONEISLAND
Inactive

Services: V + HD V Telephone V Cable 20MB
STONEISLAND has reached the bronze age
STONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze age
Re: Gran Turismo 5 Prologue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerberus View Post
Aye, it was originally going to cost £24.99, but a lot of stores decided to offer it on disc for £19.99.

Are you sure everywhere is sold out that you tried?
Sold out at play.com where I buy most my games. It would not come to me in time anyway.

Lucky I have 60gig PS3
STONEISLAND is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 26-03-2008, 21:05   #47
icestar2
Inactive

Services: Phone, HDTV, 30MB BB, Tivo
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by STONEISLAND View Post
Sold out at play.com where I buy most my games. It would not come to me in time anyway.

Lucky I have 60gig PS3
I have the 60GB to lol but it still gets filled up.

Shopto are next day delivery. I almost always shop for games there now. Mine has been dispatched. If you order b4 5:30pm they dispatch for next day delivery so if you ordered tomorrow you should get it friday morning. Sent by recorded delivery to. Links below if your intrested m8.

http://www.shopto.net/page.php?page=...Prologue&p=PS3
icestar2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2008, 02:05   #48
Cerberus
Permanently Banned

Cerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of Quads

First load up of GT5:Prolouge and you will need to install an update. Some updates fail and this is for a number of reasons. The update required allows you to play online.

More infor here.

When you all get the game, don't download the update at the first prompt, load the game up and then go into "GT:TV" it will then ask you to download it again, the download is more stable in there for some reason.

You can also try the following:

Even if an error occurs during the update, data downloaded up to the error is saved. Repeating the update will complete the download normally.

The update can be resumed as indicated below:

Select News in My Page after starting the game
Exit the game with the PS button, and restart the game.

Hope this will be of some help to those that get their pre-orders tomorrow/today actually (which is me in about 6 hours) or for those getting theirs downloaded tomorrow or on disc Friday.

If anything else develops then I will be sure to post.

By the way, anybody getting theirs tomorrw, maybe we can start a spoiler thread and title it with spoiler mentioned?

Otherwise just keep your posts here without revealing too much for other folk who have to wait a further 24 hours to get it!
Cerberus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2008, 08:05   #49
andyandy
Inactive

andyandy is a glorious beacon of lightandyandy is a glorious beacon of lightandyandy is a glorious beacon of lightandyandy is a glorious beacon of lightandyandy is a glorious beacon of lightandyandy is a glorious beacon of lightandyandy is a glorious beacon of light

Grrr. I know for a fact I aint getting mine today

Hopefully tomorrow Mr Postman, please!!
andyandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2008, 09:08   #50
Cerberus
Permanently Banned

Cerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyandy View Post
Grrr. I know for a fact I aint getting mine today

Hopefully tomorrow Mr Postman, please!!
Sorry to hear that mate.

I am waiting for mine to be delivered. It was sent Special Delivery Guaranteed by 9am, except it's past 9am just now and I am not happy with Royal Mail. I am like a wean at Christmas.
Old 27-03-2008, 09:16   #51
andyandy
Inactive

andyandy is a glorious beacon of lightandyandy is a glorious beacon of lightandyandy is a glorious beacon of lightandyandy is a glorious beacon of lightandyandy is a glorious beacon of lightandyandy is a glorious beacon of lightandyandy is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Sorry to hear that mate.

I am waiting for mine to be delivered. It was sent Special Delivery Guaranteed by 9am, except it's past 9am just now and I am not happy with Royal Mail. I am like a wean at Christmas.
Doh - hope you have better luck than me.

I'd even arrange my diary to 'work' at home today!
Old 27-03-2008, 11:21   #52
Cerberus
Permanently Banned

Mine has just arrived. I got to say I am disappointed............ at why they took so long to release this game. The game is amazing, the grpahics are absolutley awesome and well, what else can I say?

Well done SCEE & Polyphony Digital.

The intro video is very good too, watch it before you start playing.

Now I am not going to create a spoiler thread or post any more detail on here regarding the game play and what's available etc.

What I will say is this. Once you start to load up the game, it asks you to install to the PS3 HDD. Do this (not that you have the option not to) and go and make yourself a cup of tea, because it does take a while. Once it has installed it will ask you to install an update. Decline to install and go straight away to watch the intro video.

Once you're past that it will go into the main menu screen and ask you to go to the Dealership to buy a car. Skip that and go straight into GT:TV and install the update from there. Any updates that are released will carry your credits (and possibly cars) but all other data is reset (replays etc..). Once the update is installed and it will take a while because loads of peeps will be downloading it, go straight into the game and enjoy.

I GUARANTEE you will not be disappointed at all. There have been some differences added from previous version of GT, but I am not going to say anymore.

Looks awesome on my 50" HD TV
Old 27-03-2008, 11:55   #53
dev
Inactive

dev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond repute

no sign of my copy in the post
dev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2008, 12:22   #54
STONEISLAND
Inactive

STONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze age

I was expecting this to be in the PS store today?????? When will it be there? Tomorrow?
Old 27-03-2008, 12:25   #55
Cerberus
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dev View Post
no sign of my copy in the post
Where did you pre-order it from? Did you not receive an email from your supplier stating that the game has been despatched and giving you a tracking number?

-Update-

40 Minutes gone and about 3/4 of the way through downloading the update. Patience is the key here. Remember some other European countries got theirs yesterday on official release and they will be hammering the Sony servers like no tomorrow, so bandwidth is going to be maxed out for a wee while. I think Sony may offer more servers for future updates, following updates to the PSN & Store which are due this afternoon.

I could recommend playing the game and downloading the update maybe in the wee small hours of the morning. Having said that, if GT5:P is released on the store today then the update servers may still be maxed. I guess patience is the key here.

@STONEISLAND - PS Store updates take place every Thrusday so it may be there today, but they may not make the download active until midnight tonight. As soon as I hear anything, I will be sure to post here to let you know.
Old 27-03-2008, 12:29   #56
icestar2
Inactive

Services: Phone, HDTV, 30MB BB, Tivo
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal

Well mine would of been here today except royal mail have not delivered anything here in my area for the second day in a run. Shame really as I was really looking forward to it. DAMNED Royal Mail.
icestar2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2008, 12:30   #57
andyandy
Inactive

Quote:
Mine has just arrived.
Not jealous at all.....
Old 27-03-2008, 12:34   #58
STONEISLAND
Inactive

I did check the store this morning before work gutted as not there was going to leave it running all day so it would be done when I get home tonight.

There was no updates this morning which is a bit strange?
Old 27-03-2008, 12:38   #59
Cerberus
Permanently Banned

Updates to the store usually take place on Thursday afternoons between 2-5pm GMT.

I may create a sticky for future reference so CF users can see store updates.

Also UEFA Euro 2008 Demo is available after today's update.
Old 27-03-2008, 12:44   #60
STONEISLAND
Inactive

Quote:
Updates to the store usually take place on Thursday afternoons between 2-5pm GMT.

I may create a sticky for future reference so CF users can see store updates.

Also UEFA Euro 2008 Demo is available after today's update.
Great idea for a Sticky of what comes out on a weekly basis. MODs can we do this?