Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Gran Turismo 5 Prologue

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Sony Games Systems

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue

Old 26-03-2008, 14:02   #31
icestar2
Inactive

Services: Phone, HDTV, 30MB BB, Tivo
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal
Re: Gran Turismo 5 Prologue

Quote:
Originally Posted by STONEISLAND View Post
Wont this be in the PS Store on thursday?
It will be in the PSN store tomorrow when the update is applied but there is extra content on the disc and you will also probably find it cheaper as the PSN store price is meant to be the full price of £24.99 but thats will have to be confirmed tomorrow. Plus I can see slow downloads with people all tryin to get the 1.9GB download at once - server crash ? lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerberus View Post
I have just read here that GT5 Prologue could be the platform for a full game with updates constantly being downloaded.

Now considering that a full game retails with a mark up price of £39.99 - £49.99 then I think that the updates will be charged for and not free. If this is the case, then I will be disappointed.
I cant see it going this way. Possible because the Prologue is delivered this way but I still think we will see a full release on disc with possible updates ontop of that e.g. Car Pack's etc etc.
icestar2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 26-03-2008, 14:20   #32
Cerberus
Permanently Banned

Cerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of Quads

Nah, I wouldn't want that to happen. I would love to be able to download car packs, soundtracks, decal sets and little optional extra's.

There is also a rumour that car damage will be added eventually too. Now that would make a change.
Cerberus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2008, 14:27   #33
icestar2
Inactive

icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Nah, I wouldn't want that to happen. I would love to be able to download car packs, soundtracks, decal sets and little optional extra's.

There is also a rumour that car damage will be added eventually too. Now that would make a change.
I to would'nt like to see it delivered that way. I think it will be a full release on disc with extra download packs like they did with motostorm. I would probably buy some of the packs especially if they released new tracks etc etc.
Old 26-03-2008, 14:32   #34
Cerberus
Permanently Banned

Cerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of QuadsCerberus has a fine set of Quads

Sorry, I should of been a tad clearer. Aye, I want to see a seperate full game with downloadable content available. I would also like tos ee some downloadable content for GT5P, like a few extra cars, soundtracks, challenges/races and decal sets.

Oh what the hell I am waffling now!
Old 26-03-2008, 14:38   #35
icestar2
Inactive

Quote:
Sorry, I should of been a tad clearer. Aye, I want to see a seperate full game with downloadable content available. I would also like tos ee some downloadable content for GT5P, like a few extra cars, soundtracks, challenges/races and decal sets.

Oh what the hell I am waffling now!
Lol I think its me confusing you. That is what I want. The full game released on disc with the option of extra's from the PSN store like new tracks and car packs here and there.

EDIT
I often confuse people with my poor grammer lol sorry

Lol am still confussing just read it back and I understand now you want DLC for GT5:P and for the Full game yes ? lol sorry.
Old 26-03-2008, 14:41   #36
Cerberus
Permanently Banned

Old 26-03-2008, 15:01   #37
STONEISLAND
Inactive

Services: V + HD V Telephone V Cable 20MB
STONEISLAND has reached the bronze age
STONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze age

I was going to download it, but you recommend I should just go out and buy the disc?
STONEISLAND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2008, 15:05   #38
Cerberus
Permanently Banned

Quote:
I was going to download it, but you recommend I should just go out and buy the disc?
Yep for reasons stated above. I think as soon as it's released on the PS3 Store, there is going to be one massive surge to download it. Also, a little bonus content is available on the disc. Added to the fact that it's going to be cheaper if you buy it from the store as oppose to downloading it. Even more reasons to buy the disc I'd say!

Just had an email from Game.

GT5P has been despatched and sent by Royal Mail Guaranteed by 9am Next Day Delivery!!!! Looks like I will be getting mine tomorrow. Cannae wait.

There are places (so I've read on the UK PS3 forums) that are selling it now.
Old 26-03-2008, 17:01   #39
icestar2
Inactive

Just got the TXT "Your order has been dispatched next day guaranteed" Looks like I will be getting mine tomorrow to Cant Wait !
Old 26-03-2008, 17:31   #40
Callumpy
cf.mega poster

Callumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant future

Damn, i need to get a PS3 now

Games dont really interest me that much but id still have one and GT5 is probably the first game id get
Callumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2008, 19:01   #41
STONEISLAND
Inactive

STONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Yep for reasons stated above. I think as soon as it's released on the PS3 Store, there is going to be one massive surge to download it. Also, a little bonus content is available on the disc. Added to the fact that it's going to be cheaper if you buy it from the store as oppose to downloading it. Even more reasons to buy the disc I'd say!

Just had an email from Game.

GT5P has been despatched and sent by Royal Mail Guaranteed by 9am Next Day Delivery!!!! Looks like I will be getting mine tomorrow. Cannae wait.

There are places (so I've read on the UK PS3 forums) that are selling it now.
Looks like they have sold out everywhere!!!

However you don't get the "Beyond the Apex" video that's on the Blu-ray disc version, but, I'd rather have a leaner, more convenient HDD-based version. At the end of the day, the content that matters is identical.

Its £24.99
Old 26-03-2008, 19:07   #42
Cerberus
Permanently Banned

If you're not bothered about the video then d/l it. I would recommend keeping an eye on the Playstation store later tomorrow. Also try and back it up if you can. £24.99 and 1.9Gb is a hell of a lot to lose should you ever have system issues with your PS3. Another good thing about installing it to HDD is the load times will be quicker as oppose to using the disc. I wonder if the option to install from disc to HDD will be available?
Old 26-03-2008, 20:07   #43
STONEISLAND
Inactive

Quote:
If you're not bothered about the video then d/l it. I would recommend keeping an eye on the Playstation store later tomorrow. Also try and back it up if you can. £24.99 and 1.9Gb is a hell of a lot to lose should you ever have system issues with your PS3. Another good thing about installing it to HDD is the load times will be quicker as oppose to using the disc. I wonder if the option to install from disc to HDD will be available?
Even if I lose it, it will still be in the PS Store history.

Just £7 more for some reason
Old 26-03-2008, 20:16   #44
Cerberus
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Even if I lose it, it will still be in the PS Store history.

Just £7 more for some reason
Aye, it was originally going to cost £24.99, but a lot of stores decided to offer it on disc for £19.99.

Are you sure everywhere is sold out that you tried?
Old 26-03-2008, 20:34   #45
icestar2
Inactive

I just like owning the disc of the big games. I always have. Usually this lets me sell it on to if I dont enjoy it but I dont see this hapening with GT5:P. Just like the look of a game on the shelf plus I dont really have the space on my HDD until I upgrade it as its always full with stuff.