Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | photoshop, pencil drawings

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > General IT Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

New toy: HP iPAQ hx4700

Old 06-11-2004, 14:12   #1
Lew
Inactive

Services: VIP50, TiVo
Lew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze array
Lew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze array
New toy: HP iPAQ hx4700

I just picked up one of these little beauties

• Operating System Installed: Microsoft Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition Software
  • Processor speed: 624 MHz
  • Standard Memory: 64 MB SDRAM
  • Maximum Memory: Up to 135 MB user available memory that includes 80 MB iPAQ File Store
  • Memory slots: SD Slot: support 1-bit and 4-bit SDSDIO/MMC type memory standard; CF Slot: 1 Type II, CF Card Expandability
  • Display: Transflective type TFT colour with LED Backlight; Number of Colours: 64K colour (65,536 colours) 16-bit; Touch-sensitive screen; Resolution (W x H): 480 x 640
  • Display size: 4-in diagonal
  • Display type: TFT
  • Keyboard: 4 shortcut programmable buttons
  • Mouse/Pointing Device: Navigation Touchpad, Touch-sensitive display for stylus
  • Wireless capability: Yes
  • Wireless Technologies: Integrated Wi-Fi 802.11b and integrated BluetoothÂÂÂà ‚® wireless technology
  • Internal Audio: Integrated microphone, speaker and one 3.5 mm stereo headphone/headset jack, MP3 stereo through audio jack and speaker, 5-band equalizer for playback through audio jack
Lew is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 06-11-2004, 14:14   #2
Xaccers
Inactive

Xaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny stars
Xaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny stars
Re: New toy: HP iPAQ hx4700

Very nice
Now if only it was at the same price as the H2210...
Xaccers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 14:14   #3
Graham M
-

Services: FreeSat+ Tivo V-Box VM 60MBit
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Graham M Send a message via Yahoo to Graham M

OOOOOO I want one, used to have a HP Jornada 525, but sold it to my Dad, twas only 133MHz tho. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Graham M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 15:42   #4
punky
Inactive

punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura
punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura

Meh, when I replace my Ipaq, I will go for an XDA (Like this). All the goodness of a Ipaq PDA, with the bonus it is a fully featured mobile phone and camera too. Saves me having to carry both.
punky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 15:49   #5
Xaccers
Inactive

Xaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny stars
Xaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by punky
Meh, when I replace my Ipaq, I will go for an XDA (Like this). All the goodness of a Ipaq PDA, with the bonus it is a fully featured mobile phone and camera too. Saves me having to carry both.

But it's not even 3G and doesn't have a CF slot either.
Glad they got rid of the pokey out ariel though
It's getting there though
Xaccers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2004, 23:26   #6
Lew
Inactive

Services: VIP50, TiVo
Lew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze array
Lew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze array

Cool! I just realised that I get to download a free piece of commercial software from HP's Ipaq Choice website. I chose a nice little app called DVD to Pocket PC

Quote:
Watch DVD's on your Pocket PC in full screen with stereo sound. This software squeezes a feature film onto a 128 MB memory card.

Turn your Pocket PC into a Pocket DVD Player. This software allows you to convert a DVD to your Pocket PC and watch it in great quality, with stereo sound and in full screen landscape mode. A memory card as small as 128 Mb is sufficient to store a full length feature film.

In contrast to competitive products, nothing needs to be installed on your Pocket PC, the movies run on the built-in Windows Media player! Take your DVD's on the plane, train or automobile; watch them on vacation, at work or at school. With only two clicks, this PC software automatically converts the content of your DVD to a super small movie file, which will play on any Windows Mobile 2003 device, such as your HP iPAQ Pocket PC, on a postage stamp size memory card.

The big advantage over competing software: there's no need to install special playback software on the Pocket PC, it works out of the box!

You can use a headset or the built-in speaker to listen to the sound. Subtitled and foreign language DVD's are also supported. Using Microsoft's supreme Windows Media 9 encoding, feature films look crisp and sharp on your Pocket PC and still fit on a relatively small Secure Digital card. On a 512 Mb card can even store 4 feature films! And after watching them, you can put 4 new ones on, over and over again.

For movies longer then 100 minutes, Makayama Software recommends a minimum memory card of 256 MB is required.
Lew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 09:10   #7
SOSAGES
Inactive

SOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of society

ive watched some movies on my ipaq - its not nice as for XDA's i got the II but its to big to take out with ya but certainly good.. im waiting for XDAIII and the other new version they will make cant remember what they are calling it.. oh and the MPX offerings.
SOSAGES is offline   Reply With Quote