Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Slow Updates :-(

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Sony Games Systems

Slow Updates :-(

Old 20-12-2008, 13:43   #1
nemesis01
Inactive

Services: 120MB BB - Sky+ HD
nemesis01 is just really nicenemesis01 is just really nicenemesis01 is just really nicenemesis01 is just really nicenemesis01 is just really nicenemesis01 is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to nemesis01
Slow Updates :-(

I just got my PS3 this week, great machine love it. However, when it comes to downloading a demo, or more specifically updating a game it is painfully slow and i'm not sure why.

Am on 20MB VirginMedia, it is a wired connection to the router, don't have any problem with downloads on PC. The game that is causing me to write this is one I just got today, Hot Shots Golf World Tour, it wanted to update to go online so I said fine, however 90 minutes later it has still only downloaded 74% of what I assume is a small update.

Never had these kind of slow speeds on Xbox Live so I assume it's the PSN that is slow, rather than any kind of configuration problem on my end. If anybody has any tricks to speed it up would be more than happy to hear them.

Cheers.
nemesis01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 20-12-2008, 14:37   #2
icestar2
Inactive

Services: Phone, HDTV, 30MB BB, Tivo
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal
Re: Slow Updates :-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis01 View Post
I just got my PS3 this week, great machine love it. However, when it comes to downloading a demo, or more specifically updating a game it is painfully slow and i'm not sure why.

Am on 20MB VirginMedia, it is a wired connection to the router, don't have any problem with downloads on PC. The game that is causing me to write this is one I just got today, Hot Shots Golf World Tour, it wanted to update to go online so I said fine, however 90 minutes later it has still only downloaded 74% of what I assume is a small update.

Never had these kind of slow speeds on Xbox Live so I assume it's the PSN that is slow, rather than any kind of configuration problem on my end. If anybody has any tricks to speed it up would be more than happy to hear them.

Cheers.
Hmmmm thats a strange one. I've always had increadibly fast download speeds from the PSN. I am direct wired to my PC though and not going through a router.

Its possible that the PSN is under some strain because of the release of Home and the amount of people that have been trying to access it but its not effected my speeds so its unlikely.

Did you run the auto setup for yout internet connect on the PS3 ?

Maybe try downloading something else of the PSN so we can see if its just that patch thats got the problem or if its your whole PSN connection thats struggling.

I assume no1 else is using the router at the same time ? not that it should really matter unless they were downloading to.
icestar2 is offline   Reply With Quote