Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Happy Birthday to Mikey1981

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

First TV advert for dogs to air tonight on ITV1

Old 13-02-2012, 11:41   #1
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
First TV advert for dogs to air tonight on ITV1

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/media/ne...t-on-itv1.html

Quote:
The first ever British television advert created specially for dogs is to air tonight, featuring high pitched sounds that cannot be heard by humans.

The commercial is a minute-long parody of The Italian Job that has whistles and barks intended to catch the attention of watching canines.

Nestle-owned dog food manufacturer Bakers Complete commissioned the advert, which will air during Emmerdale at 7.15pm on ITV1.

The Bakers Meaty Meals ad, which features a pack of dogs re-enacting scenes from the 1969 classic movie, originally aired last summer with sounds designed for humans.
Old 13-02-2012, 12:20   #2
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: First TV advert for dogs to air tonight on ITV1

This is more an advert for humans using a cunning gimmick.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2012, 12:22   #3
Graham M
-

Services: FreeSat+ Tivo V-Box VM 60MBit
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Graham M Send a message via Yahoo to Graham M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
This is more an advert for humans using a cunning gimmick.
You spotted that too eh?
Graham M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2012, 12:26   #4
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham M View Post
You spotted that too eh?
What can I say, I am just that perceptive . My first clue was when I realised dogs don't have much disposal income.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2012, 12:27   #5
Graham M
-

Services: FreeSat+ Tivo V-Box VM 60MBit
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Graham M Send a message via Yahoo to Graham M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
What can I say, I am just that perceptive . My first clue was when I realised dogs don't have much disposal income.
Depends what they do for a living I guess, I heard Lassie was a millionaire
Graham M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2012, 12:44   #6
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Gotta be a gimmick.. especially as probably 95+% of TV speakers don't have a dynamic range above 20khz...
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2012, 14:28   #7
lordofangels
Inactive

Services: Broadband 152Mb (M)Phone
lordofangels is a glorious beacon of lightlordofangels is a glorious beacon of lightlordofangels is a glorious beacon of lightlordofangels is a glorious beacon of lightlordofangels is a glorious beacon of lightlordofangels is a glorious beacon of lightlordofangels is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymmy View Post
Gotta be a gimmick.. especially as probably 95+% of TV speakers don't have a dynamic range above 20khz...
Even if the Ad was/is audible to dogs.
I can just imagine it now....

Ah look Fido's really interested and wants some of those.

Very clever marketing, but then they have had years of practice selling sweets.
lordofangels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2012, 16:50   #8
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymmy View Post
Not to mention the fact the the compression used by most Digital TV services tends to remove sound frequencies outside the normal range of human hearing.

No point in wasting bandwidth on frequencies the bulk of your audience will never hear.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2012, 17:46   #9
TheNorm
Inactive

Services: Sky TV, VM TV, 20meg bb, tel, and a lobster (but the lobster died).
TheNorm has a nice shiny star
TheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny star

Ad for dogs? They must be barking.
TheNorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2012, 20:14   #10
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

My dog just kept snoring ...think he twitched once ,could've been wind though
Old 13-02-2012, 20:30   #11
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

I saw that on the cinema before the new Mission Impossible movie, the lights were down so the may have been some dogs in the audience.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2012, 11:34   #12
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

No reaction at all from my two

Advert can be found online here
http://www.bakerscomplete.co.uk/BakersOnTV/Default.aspx
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote