Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Transferring Minidisc to PC

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Science & Technology

Which Mobile?

Old 24-02-2007, 22:08   #1
James79
Inactive

Services: VIP Pack including (V+ HD & VHD Box), Sky Sports & Movies, Up to 152Mb. 1 Additional VHD Box
James79 is a glorious beacon of lightJames79 is a glorious beacon of lightJames79 is a glorious beacon of lightJames79 is a glorious beacon of lightJames79 is a glorious beacon of lightJames79 is a glorious beacon of lightJames79 is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to James79
Which Mobile?

Just been contacted by my mobile phone operator (Orange) to inform me that my Contract is up and I can get a new handset.

Now, comes the problem. I currently have the Nokia N70 (3G phone). Its a great phone - easy to use, loads of features, etc.

What I cant decide is if I do change my phone - which handset will I choose!!

I have seen the Samsung D900 - very slick but isnt 3G (I dont use it much in that I dont watch TV on my mobile!!) I had a Samsung mobile before - was ok - but the thing was too small. But I understand these phones have come on leaps and bounds!! I also have read that you cannot choose an mp3 file for your text alert - how strange is this?

I also notice that the Nokia N95 will be coming out (supposedly next month!). This will definately be 3G and something similar to what I currently have.

Just wanted to see if anyone has had any experience of these phones!? Any problems with the phones would also help!

Recommendations would also be gratefully received!!

Thanks

James
James79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 24-02-2007, 22:29   #2
Chimaera
cf.mega poster

Chimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny star
Chimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny star
Re: Which Mobile?

I had a Samsung D900 for 2 days - worst phone I've ever had, didn't help that it was faulty and wouldn't charge!
And you are right about the text alert - you can only use the ones that are on the phone.
Chimaera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2007, 23:19   #3
andyandy
Inactive

andyandy is a glorious beacon of lightandyandy is a glorious beacon of lightandyandy is a glorious beacon of lightandyandy is a glorious beacon of lightandyandy is a glorious beacon of lightandyandy is a glorious beacon of lightandyandy is a glorious beacon of light

Id be tempted by the Nokia I think.

Easy to use and pretty much bullet proof.

Fair enough, everybody will have their "favourite" but Nokia do make very good mobiles.

I would say one thing however, make sure that it is actually Orange who have contacted you, and not a "dodgy" third party seller. You may find that this deal is for a new number and not an upgrade so be careful.
andyandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2007, 23:52   #4
James79
Inactive

Services: VIP Pack including (V+ HD & VHD Box), Sky Sports & Movies, Up to 152Mb. 1 Additional VHD Box
James79 is a glorious beacon of lightJames79 is a glorious beacon of lightJames79 is a glorious beacon of lightJames79 is a glorious beacon of lightJames79 is a glorious beacon of lightJames79 is a glorious beacon of lightJames79 is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to James79

I know it was Orange.

In fact it was the actual shop where I signed up previously. I would NEVER sign up to these other ones!! Im too safe for that!!

Thanks for the reply!!
James79 is offline   Reply With Quote