Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | SKY F1 HD Channel, Any Chance?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

SKY F1 HD Channel, Any Chance?

Old 25-11-2011, 14:43   #46
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
Re: SKY F1 HD Channel, Any Chance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
This article also backs up what your saying

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2011...redirect=false
thanks for posting that i will post the quote they use which is "The channel, which will broadcast for the entirity of the nine-month F1 season from next year, will be available to subscribers to Sky Sports 1 and Sky Sports 2, and to non-sports customers who subscribe to its HD services. Sky Sports subscribers without HD will receive a standard definition version."

as this is the case surely VM should get it for free?
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 25-11-2011, 14:45   #47
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

indeed, VM have already said they are talking to Sky. See post #34

---------- Post added at 14:45 ---------- Previous post was at 14:45 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingofthedead4 View Post
Ok people, lets breathe.......of course Sky would announce it as soon as possible in the hope they would get customers from other suppliers to panic and jump ship. Give Virgin chance.
Digital Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2011, 14:47   #48
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

it will be a while before VM will annouce if they are getting the channel or not and if so which verison and package
Old 25-11-2011, 14:47   #49
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingofthedead4 View Post
Ok people, lets breathe.......of course Sky would announce it as soon as possible in the hope they would get customers from other suppliers to panic and jump ship. Give Virgin chance.
I personally think Sky will allow VM to add the channel on the basis of being free to VM Sky sports subscribers , but I can't see it being included as part of the XL , Sky are using the HD pack offer as a way of getting 10.25 revenue to those who don't want Sky Sports also a pretty good way of attracting new subscribers.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2011, 14:47   #50
dav
Inactive

dav is a glorious beacon of lightdav is a glorious beacon of lightdav is a glorious beacon of lightdav is a glorious beacon of lightdav is a glorious beacon of lightdav is a glorious beacon of lightdav is a glorious beacon of light

I won't be jumping ship to Sky just for this.
Yes, I like watching F1.
Yes, I am seriously p'd off with the BBC/Sky deal.
No, I won't give any cash to Sky.
dav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2011, 14:48   #51
nstokes
Inactive

Quote:
I personally think Sky will allow VM to add the channel on the basis of being free to VM Sky sports subscribers , but I can't see it being included as part of the XL , Sky are using the HD pack offer as a way of getting 10.25 revenue to those who don't want Sky Sports also a pretty good way of attracting new subscribers.
i think if they do that it its silly as not alot people will want the sports sub just to get F1. I dont see why they wont do what they have done for Sky 1 and Sky 1 HD and put it in the XL pack

i am already sub'ed to SS pack but my dad for example would like to watch it but doesnt have SS pack and doesnt want it
Old 25-11-2011, 14:49   #52
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Services: 100 MB Broadband, XL Tv, Sky Sports and Movies HD, all other prenium channels, 3 TIVO, 2 V HD
Alan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecart

Quote:
Originally Posted by dav View Post
I won't be jumping ship to Sky just for this.
Yes, I like watching F1.
Yes, I am seriously p'd off with the BBC/Sky deal.
No, I won't give any cash to Sky.
I would agree with that!
Alan Fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2011, 14:49   #53
Kingofthedead4
Inactive

Services: XXL customer with movies and sport +HD And now TiVo.
Kingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of society

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstokes View Post
it WILL NOT be on freeview according there twitter so the daily mail (or whatever site it was) got that bit wrong
Quote:
i think if they do that it its silly as not alot people will want the sports sub just to get F1. I dont see why they wont do what they have done for Sky 1 and Sky 1 HD and put it in the XL pack

i am already sub'ed to SS pack but my dad for example would like to watch it but doesnt have SS pack and doesnt want it
Virgin may be arguing that very point at the moment.
Kingofthedead4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2011, 14:57   #54
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:

I agree however look at it from business point of view. Can you really see Sky allowing VM to add F1 HD into XL at a cost of around 25.00 a month when there own customers would have to pay 20.00 for entertainment pack plus HD pack totalling 30.25 therefore giving VM the more attractive deal.
Old 25-11-2011, 15:00   #55
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Services: 100 MB Broadband, XL Tv, Sky Sports and Movies HD, all other prenium channels, 3 TIVO, 2 V HD
Alan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecart

I do not mind paying extra for Sky Sports F1 HD (but not for Sky Sports F1 SD)
Old 25-11-2011, 15:02   #56
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Fry View Post
And how much extra would you pay.
Old 25-11-2011, 15:03   #57
nstokes
Inactive

Quote:
I agree however look at it from business point of view. Can you really see Sky allowing VM to add F1 HD into XL at a cost of around 25.00 a month when there own customers would have to pay 20.00 for entertainment pack plus HD pack totalling 30.25 therefore giving VM the more attractive deal.
i see your point but we pay less than them for Sky1 and sky 1 HD (i think) same as sky arts so you never know
Old 25-11-2011, 15:09   #58
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
And how much extra would you pay.
£10 to £20 maybe
Old 25-11-2011, 15:10   #59
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
£10 to £20 maybe
A fool and his money are soon parted.
Old 25-11-2011, 15:11   #60
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Your profile says your a Sky Sports subscriber on VM , why would you want to pay more it should be free for VM Sky Sports subscribers as it is with Sky.