Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Connecting keeps dropping, IP address going to 169.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

new special offer. 600k bb for £10!

Old 02-03-2004, 19:36   #1
bigitup_j
Inactive

Services: VM Phone, TV and 20mb Broadband
bigitup_j will become famous soon enoughbigitup_j will become famous soon enoughbigitup_j will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to bigitup_j Send a message via Yahoo to bigitup_j
Thumbs up new special offer. 600k bb for £10!

i was checking sales.ntl.com to see if there were any special offers for existing customers, and i found out that you can subscribe to 600k broadband and get the first three months for £10.

i thought great! but, i already have 150k broadband, do you reckon ntl will give me the offer still? simply get the £10 for 3 months, then down-grade? i ask before i call ntl are see what they say (if they know the offer exists!!)

cheers
bigitup_j is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 02-03-2004, 19:39   #2
Stuartbe
cf.mega poster

Stuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this point
Stuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this pointStuartbe is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: new special offer. 600k bb for £10!

I doubt it me..... Check the small print ! its most likely for new customers only
Stuartbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 19:40   #3
paulyoung666
Permanently Banned

paulyoung666 has a nice shiny star
paulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuartbe
I doubt it me..... Check the small print ! its most likely for new customers only

as usually is the case with these offers , i was looking at getting dtv free for a year until i noticed it was for new subs only , good heads up though
paulyoung666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 19:41   #4
bigitup_j
Inactive

bigitup_j will become famous soon enoughbigitup_j will become famous soon enoughbigitup_j will become famous soon enough

there ain't no small print!! doesn't say you can't have broadband already - so...
Old 02-03-2004, 19:42   #5
paulyoung666
Permanently Banned

paulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigitup_j
there ain't no small print!! doesn't say you can't have broadband already - so...

................ me rings them tomorrow and asks , nice one my mate
Old 02-03-2004, 19:43   #6
bigitup_j
Inactive

no problems!!

Old 02-03-2004, 19:46   #7
Graham F
Inactive

Graham F has reached the bronze age
Graham F has reached the bronze ageGraham F has reached the bronze ageGraham F has reached the bronze age

hate to spoil the party but i would be very suprised if its not for new customers only

They started this offer a few months ago to get ppl on dial up to change to Broadband
Graham F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 19:48   #8
bigitup_j
Inactive

hmmmmm
cheers for the info, i suppose i'll have to find a different way of getting 600k broadband for cheap!!
Old 02-03-2004, 19:49   #9
Moox
Inactive

Moox is a jewel in the roughMoox is a jewel in the roughMoox is a jewel in the roughMoox is a jewel in the roughMoox is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby
hate to spoil the party but i would be very suprised if its not for new customers only

They started this offer a few months ago to get ppl on dial up to change to Broadband
Have to agree with you on that. Just checked as an existing "BB" user & no sign of that offer.
We could be wrong though
Moox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 19:51   #10
Graham F
Inactive

Graham F has reached the bronze age
Graham F has reached the bronze ageGraham F has reached the bronze ageGraham F has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigitup_j
hmmmmm
cheers for the info, i suppose i'll have to find a different way of getting 600k broadband for cheap!!
Cancel it and watch the offers come flowing in as they try to save your custom
Graham F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 21:58   #11
timewarrior2001

Services: Evilness

Heh heh, I got this by moving house. Yes I left home and moved in with partner, now have 600K for £10 a month, will be moving to 1Mb after that.
Old 02-03-2004, 22:00   #12
Shaun
Inactive

Shaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny star
Shaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby
Cancel it and watch the offers come flowing in as they try to save your custom
And if you cancel you'll see the letters sent to beg you to stay!
Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 22:01   #13
paulyoung666
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by timewarrior2001
Heh heh, I got this by moving house. Yes I left home and moved in with partner, now have 600K for £10 a month, will be moving to 1Mb after that.

me deffo ringing them tomorrow
Old 02-03-2004, 22:38   #14
Starsurfer
Permanently Banned

Starsurfer is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by dellwear
And if you cancel you'll see the letters sent to beg you to stay!
And letters saying you CANT leave.
Starsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 22:58   #15
tkiely
Inactive

tkiely is a name known to alltkiely is a name known to alltkiely is a name known to alltkiely is a name known to alltkiely is a name known to alltkiely is a name known to alltkiely is a name known to alltkiely is a name known to all
Send a message via MSN to tkiely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starsurfer
And letters saying you CANT leave.
when I left they promised to give me a 'REALLY SPECIAL OFFER' and then offered 3 mths BB for free. Funny how they had sent me a leaflet in the post that day offering the same to anyone?????

When I pointed this out the lady said, 'You really don't want to stay then? oh well, bye' and put the phone down.......... amazing I hadn't even said a word!!
tkiely is offline   Reply With Quote