Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | What are your best and worse TV ads?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television

What are your best and worse TV ads?

Old 21-11-2011, 09:20   #316
Kingofthedead4
Inactive

Services: XXL customer with movies and sport +HD And now TiVo.
Kingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of society
Re: What are your best and worse TV ads?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxrgsVZRVAw

If I had a pound for every time I have seen this one.....
Kingofthedead4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 21-11-2011, 13:47   #317
telegramsam
telegramsam

Services: Sky Q,Multiscreen, Sky phone line, Sky broadband,Free view.
telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinky View Post
This one's beginning to grate. J2o Glitter Berry eeeeeeek!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOlYx...eature=related
Never seen that one until now but yes agree it is very anoying. Not exactly adverts but aren`t you all sick of seeing trailers for programs at every ad break? Sky are one of the worst offenders,3 before the real ads come on. Wasn`t the idea that commercial stations got an extra ad break so they could raise more money? Clearly this has been abused and they should have to go back to just 2 ad breaks per 1 hour program.
telegramsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2011, 15:55   #318
telegramsam
telegramsam

telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
I think you'll find the BBC is worst for trailers. With no adverts they have to fill the whole 3m 20sec "commercial" break with trailers for programs you'll never want to watch. They even shove them in between the news and weather.
Yes I agree with you that the BBC are the worst. I only said Sky are ONE of the worst offenders not THEE worst offender. I think trailers should be limited to between programs,not in the middle of them. And how many should also be limited too.
Old 21-11-2011, 18:12   #319
Kingofthedead4
Inactive

Services: XXL customer with movies and sport +HD And now TiVo.
Kingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of society

Quote:
Originally Posted by telegramsam View Post
Yes I agree with you that the BBC are the worst. I only said Sky are ONE of the worst offenders not THEE worst offender. I think trailers should be limited to between programs,not in the middle of them. And how many should also be limited too.
I hate what they do on Sci-fi and other channels where we get a advert for another programme at the top corner or across bottom of screen while we are watching a programme.
Kingofthedead4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2011, 14:31   #320
telegramsam
telegramsam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingofthedead4 View Post
I hate what they do on Sci-fi and other channels where we get a advert for another programme at the top corner or across bottom of screen while we are watching a programme.
Yes those traler banners are very annoying I agree. Sky must be commended in that they don`t do that (as far as I can remember) and take their station logo off the screen after a few seconds of the program starting (except on the sports channels). Wish other stations did that.
Old 07-12-2011, 19:21   #321
alferret
cf.mega poster

Services: There is no destination to life, the journey is everything!
alferret has a nice shiny star
alferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny star
Carlsberg stunt

http://www.theinspiration.com/2011/0...unt-in-cinema/
alferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 19:25   #322
danielf
cf.mega poser

danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura
danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura
Re: Carlsberg stunt

Ah. Good old viral marketing. Why pay to screen an ad on tv when you can have people post it to others/on internet fora for free?
Old 07-12-2011, 19:44   #323
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

thenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 20:29   #324
alferret
cf.mega poster

Services: There is no destination to life, the journey is everything!
alferret has a nice shiny star
alferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielf View Post
Ah. Good old viral marketing. Why pay to screen an ad on tv when you can have people post it to others/on internet fora for free?
alferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 20:40   #325
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

I think this was posted many months ago in the Funny Videos thread
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 20:40   #326
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by alferret View Post
Thanks for posting it

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 20:46   #327
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Carlsberg thread Merged into the advert thread as previously posted in this thread

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/54...erg-stunt.html
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 17:29   #328
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Services: Amazon Prime Video & Netflix. Deregistered from my TV licence.
Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura

Gotta be in the 'best' ad section: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=978LA...eature=related
Old 12-12-2011, 18:24   #329
telegramsam
telegramsam

Those sky ads are really getting up my nose,especialy the ones about `their better effect`.
Old 21-04-2012, 13:39   #330
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Funny TV adverts

Been trying to recall (don't ask me why) the advertising campaign which featured the strap line "Don't you just hate it when that happens?..."

I'm pretty sure it was beer but I might be wrong. Can anyone recall?

Anyway whilst trawling I found this advert which brought back memories and made me chuckle:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuIJqF8av6I

Ps Don't mention the war.....
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote