Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Worrying news for ESA claimants converting from DLA to PIP.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Worrying news for ESA claimants converting from DLA to PIP.

Old 02-01-2017, 15:40   #151
GrimUpNorth
cf.mega poster

GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
Re: Worrying news for ESA claimants converting from DLA to PIP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
I would ask you to give examples of where I have done any "scaremongering".
Only January 2nd and already a contender for 'post of the year'

Cheers

Grim
GrimUpNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 04-01-2017, 20:32   #152
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimUpNorth View Post
Only January 2nd and already a contender for 'post of the year'

Cheers

Grim
No examples have been provided, which is telling in itself.

Have you got anything relevant to contribute to this thread?

Nearly 2/3 of people transferring from DLA to PIP who were initially turned down are allowed it upon appeal, so I strongly urge those refused PIP to appeal.

It is believed that the bad attitude and lack of training of those sent out to assess people is playing a major part in this.

Some examples are:

- Fiona Ensall's 16 year old daughter Abigail has clear complex physical and learning difficulties One of the questions was "do you wear incontinence pads?". The girl did not know what an incontinence pad was, so said "I don't know". The inappropriate response was "surely you know if you wear incontinence pads dear". The girl began to get confused, to which the assessor started saying "come on, we need an answer to this"! This was despite her going blue/grey due to the effects of oxygen deprivation due to one of her conditions.

- A man who suffers from Huntingtons disease was giving incorrect information as part of his condition. His doctor wrote a letter to Susan Fletcher (his wife/carer) stating that Huntingtons is a very life limiting condition, that people are likely to say that they can do things that they can't and that it would be better to obtain the information from his wife/carer.

The assessor was asked and confirmed that she had knowledge of Huntingtons disease at the start.

The man incorrectly stated that he took the dogs out in the car the week before, which the woman wrote down as fact! The doctor's letter appears to have been unilaterally ignored.

An ex assessor (Occupational Therapist) has told Radio 4 that she "failed the audit test" because she took too long in trying to find out the true way that a persons disability affected them (which was supposed to be the whole point of these tests).

After four and a half months she left because she could not work in the way that they wanted her to eg changing her reports.

Assessors are also under pressure and can make more money by doing more and more assessments, so the quality goes down, for example checks about conditions weren't done to speed things up.

This whistleblower also said that many assessors had a "all sick/disabled people are slackers" attitude, referred people to fraud based upon the most flimsy evidence and prejudiced attitude.

Often, those who don't normally go out are simply regarded as liars because "they are here today in the assessment centre aren't they"?
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 21:09   #153
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

Quote:
No examples have been provided, which is telling in itself.

Have you got anything relevant to contribute to this thread?

Nearly 2/3 of people transferring from DLA to PIP who were initially turned down are allowed it upon appeal, so I strongly urge those refused PIP to appeal.

It is believed that the bad attitude and lack of training of those sent out to assess people is playing a major part in this.

Some examples are:

- Fiona Ensall's 16 year old daughter Abigail has clear complex physical and learning difficulties One of the questions was "do you wear incontinence pads?". The girl did not know what an incontinence pad was, so said "I don't know". The inappropriate response was "surely you know if you wear incontinence pads dear". The girl began to get confused, to which the assessor started saying "come on, we need an answer to this"! This was despite her going blue/grey due to the effects of oxygen deprivation due to one of her conditions.

- A man who suffers from Huntingtons disease was giving incorrect information as part of his condition. His doctor wrote a letter to Susan Fletcher (his wife/carer) stating that Huntingtons is a very life limiting condition, that people are likely to say that they can do things that they can't and that it would be better to obtain the information from his wife/carer.

The assessor was asked and confirmed that she had knowledge of Huntingtons disease at the start.

The man incorrectly stated that he took the dogs out in the car the week before, which the woman wrote down as fact! The doctor's letter appears to have been unilaterally ignored.

An ex assessor (Occupational Therapist) has told Radio 4 that she "failed the audit test" because she took too long in trying to find out the true way that a persons disability affected them (which was supposed to be the whole point of these tests).

After four and a half months she left because she could not work in the way that they wanted her to eg changing her reports.

Assessors are also under pressure and can make more money by doing more and more assessments, so the quality goes down, for example checks about conditions weren't done to speed things up.

This whistleblower also said that many assessors had a "all sick/disabled people are slackers" attitude, referred people to fraud based upon the most flimsy evidence and prejudiced attitude.

Often, those who don't normally go out are simply regarded as liars because "they are here today in the assessment centre aren't they"?
How about this one.
People on Carers Allowance to be studied more closely.

The girl would or should have been accompanied.

Huntingdon's is a progressive condition, the symptoms vary greatly, and there are some treatments to alleviate some of the symptoms. So not a simple "I have this, therefore I can't do that".
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 03:03   #154
rogerdraig
cf.mega poster

rogerdraig has reached the bronze age
rogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to rogerdraig

what they should have done was got a power of attorney done before hand. ( i point out this isn't because i think they have a responsibility to do so but because its the best way to defend yourself in this situation) . As soon as i had the change over notification we applied for this ( we did both medical and financial though medical one is likely all that's required). This gave us two benefits one instead of doing any telephone interview which i find hard often as i am often out of breath and it can take me a while to hear people on the phone properly. So they had to deal with my wife. then two at the interview ( which i did at home ) at any point I could hand over to her or she could ( in their situation ) take over to act as him which as she would have the legal right to do they would have to take her answer. I would also as i did insist on the interview being recorded.
rogerdraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 11:59   #155
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

Our interviewer wanted specific dates for things that happened decades ago. That was alarming. If we had been prewarned I could have at least made a rough list of dates, occasions and incidents. She also had no real grasp of arithmetic as she almost put down that my son had an op "as a toddler" in 2006 (and not 1996) when I told her it happened "20 years ago".
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 15:42   #156
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
Our interviewer wanted specific dates for things that happened decades ago. That was alarming. If we had been prewarned I could have at least made a rough list of dates, occasions and incidents. She also had no real grasp of arithmetic as she almost put down that my son had an op "as a toddler" in 2006 (and not 1996) when I told her it happened "20 years ago".
Fingers crossed Taf that all goes well for your son and he gets the award he needs. I hope and pray that happens then all the worry will be over. Remember if you do need to make a appeal get a copy of the medical report and seek advice from CAB etc.
Old 05-01-2017, 15:52   #157
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
How about this one.
People on Carers Allowance to be studied more closely.

The girl would or should have been accompanied.

Huntingdon's is a progressive condition, the symptoms vary greatly, and there are some treatments to alleviate some of the symptoms. So not a simple "I have this, therefore I can't do that".
That was not "scaremongering". This was made perfectly clear in the thread and I'm surprised that you're trying to do the dirty work on behalf of the stirrers in here.

Abigail Ensall was accompanied by her mother, it was her that had to intervene to stop her daughter from being harmed due to oxygen problems and being further exposed to inappropriate questioning and an appalling attitude.

Re: Huntingdon's Disease. The point is that the assessor did not know as much about the condition as was claimed and the doctors letter was wholly ignored- the questions were still directed to Mr Fletcher.
Old 05-01-2017, 16:45   #158
Mr Banana

Quote:
That was not "scaremongering". This was made perfectly clear in the thread and I'm surprised that you're trying to do the dirty work on behalf of the stirrers in here.

Abigail Ensall was accompanied by her mother, it was her that had to intervene to stop her daughter from being harmed due to oxygen problems and being further exposed to inappropriate questioning and an appalling attitude.

Re: Huntingdon's Disease. The point is that the assessor did not know as much about the condition as was claimed and the doctors letter was wholly ignored- the questions were still directed to Mr Fletcher.
Careful Nomadking or you will get one of these threats, like I did. LOL

A further screenshot has been taken should I need to take matters further.
Old 05-01-2017, 18:23   #159
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

This thread is designed to help members, many who either have severely debilitating illnesses and disabilities (like myself) or care for those that do.

It's really disappointing that all you appear to want to use it for is to stir things up to continue your attempts to harass me as a disabled person.
Old 05-01-2017, 19:13   #160
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Richard, please do not accuse CF'ers of actions they have not taken.

Just because someone disagrees with you, or points out what they think are incorrect assumptions made by you, that does not mean they are harassing you because you are disabled.

No one (that I can see, but willing to be pointed to any posts that support your assertion) has made derogatory comments towards you because of any disability you may have - they have just disagreed, sometimes in a facetious manner, with you.

If you believe posters have discriminated against you, please report the post where this happened.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.

Last edited by Hugh; 05-01-2017 at 19:28.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 20:03   #161
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

Quote:

it was others who had to point out that it was scaremongering, not you. You kept insisting it wasn't.

Can't find any other reference to that story.

All the doctor did was comment on the generality of the condition. As the symptoms can vary greatly and it could be in the early stages, the impact could be less. It is the impact that they are looking at.
Quote:
The symptoms of Huntington’s disease usually develop when people are between 30-50 years old, although they can start much earlier or much later. The symptoms can also differ from person to person, even in the same family.
Sometimes, the symptoms are present for a long time before a diagnosis of Huntington’s disease is made. This is especially true when people are not aware that Huntington’s disease is in their family.
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 09:09   #162
Anypermitedroute
Inactive

Services: Virgin TIVO XL package & Sky Movies and Sports HD XXL broadband & superhub
Anypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
This thread is designed to help members, many who either have severely debilitating illnesses and disabilities (like myself) or care for those that do.

It's really disappointing that all you appear to want to use it for is to stir things up to continue your attempts to harass me as a disabled person.
But not severely debilitating that allows you to work, attend late night dinner functions with the rich and famous CEOs of broadcasting with accompanying many whiskey sessions it enjoys

You don't help yourself Richard
Anypermitedroute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 18:10   #163
rogerdraig
cf.mega poster

rogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anypermitedroute View Post
But not severely debilitating that allows you to work, attend late night dinner functions with the rich and famous CEOs of broadcasting with accompanying many whiskey sessions it enjoys

You don't help yourself Richard
above just shows the attitude and why people need to be aware when attending or answering questions as the person asking may have the same attitude

the whole point of pip and dla formally was to allow people with disabilities to get around and or work on a slightly ( and i mean slightly as there still remain huge differences )

Just because we have the temerity to leave the house and eat or do some work does not mean we are not in pain while doing that or that we wont pay later with even more pain and discomfort

these benefits are supposed to help with that not be there only because some of us cant do them
Old 08-01-2017, 18:10   #164
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

As per Hugh's last post please stick to the topic and also refrain from continuing to take digs at other members or responding to such posts.
Old 08-01-2017, 20:20   #165
rogerdraig
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
As per Hugh's last post please stick to the topic and also refrain from continuing to take digs at other members or responding to such posts.
if that's to me i would have to say its on the topic of worrying news

If you have as I have done gone through this process of changing over it is not for quite a few an easy or fair

Lots of the questions do not reflect the rule they are asking about and often the person asking doesn't really know what they are asking about either ( and that's me being diplomatic as a few are positively trying to trip people up or just lie about answers you give)

i will just so some may learn ( i may have mentioned this in other threads ) mention just 1 question one that in real terms decides if your worthy of a car ( mobility component )

you are asked Can you stand and then move more than 1 metre but no more than 20 metres, either aided or unaided.

the rules this applies to though is not mentioned this needs to be answered as yes but fails to mention that this is supposed to be something you can do more than once in a reasonable time and with out pain.

I quote from another place

"On 1 February 2013, the government agreed to amend the proposed rules so that the assessment of PIP eligibility should take account of whether the claimant can not just complete an activity, such as walking 20 metres, but do this:
  • Safely
  • Reliably
  • Repeatedly, and
  • In a reasonable time period."
however some of the assessors seem unaware or just ignore this and as of last form i have seen is not mentioned in it.

so if a persons who have the attitude you can leave the house and work you cant be severely disabled could be assessors I would say it is something you should worry about and be forearmed for.