Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Old 02-12-2016, 17:50   #1801
mot12
cf.addict

Services: V.I.P
mot12 will become famous soon enoughmot12 will become famous soon enoughmot12 will become famous soon enough
Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Pocket-link use to be ok. Sure some are still decent somewhere on the net. Haha.
mot12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 02-12-2016, 17:51   #1802
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
The tech websites new less about the V6 than this forum says it all really.
Perhaps the technical wizards of this forum should be in charge of these tech websites MM.
Old 02-12-2016, 18:26   #1803
Jong1
Inactive

Jong1 will become famous soon enoughJong1 will become famous soon enoughJong1 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
At the moment if you want HDR and your TV supports it you've a choice of either Netflix or Amazon and even then only certain titles.
And YouTube, but only using Chromecast Ultra at the moment.

And UHD Blu-ray. There are some great movies out already with HDR. No Dolby Vision titles yet, though. Maybe next year!
Jong1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 18:30   #1804
Kabaal
Haggis Hunting

Kabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jong1 View Post
And YouTube, but only using Chromecast Ultra at the moment.
Some TV's have been updated for YouTube HDR now, 1152 firmware on Samsung KS7000's added it for example.
Kabaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 18:36   #1805
Jong1
Inactive

Jong1 will become famous soon enoughJong1 will become famous soon enoughJong1 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mot12 View Post
I guess, it's probably because sky haven't "officially" mentioned it.
I think it's because Sky Q was launched before Ultra HD was available. A lot of the Sky Q info out there pre-dates Ultra HD and for some bizarre reason best known to themselves Sky did just say "HDMI 1.4" on their initial, pre-UHD spec sheet, which confused a lot of people at the time. They should have said "HDMI 1.4 (HDMI 2.0 via firmware update when UHD is launched)" or something similar, to avoid confusion and to help journalists who don't look further than out of date internet info for their articles !

---------- Post added at 17:36 ---------- Previous post was at 17:35 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabaal View Post
Some TV's have been updated for YouTube HDR now, 1152 firmware on Samsung KS7000's added it for example.
Ah yes! Not on my LG 65E6 yet !
Jong1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 18:55   #1806
mot12
cf.addict

mot12 will become famous soon enoughmot12 will become famous soon enoughmot12 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jong1 View Post
I think it's because Sky Q was launched before Ultra HD was available. A lot of the Sky Q info out there pre-dates Ultra HD and for some bizarre reason best known to themselves Sky did just say "HDMI 1.4" on their initial, pre-UHD spec sheet, which confused a lot of people at the time. They should have said "HDMI 1.4 (HDMI 2.0 via firmware update when UHD is launched)" or something similar, to avoid confusion and to help journalists who don't look further than out of date internet info for their articles !

---------- Post added at 17:36 ---------- Previous post was at 17:35 ----------

Ah yes! Not on my LG 65E6 yet !
Since tech sites do specifically mention HDR when talking about the V6. And it being an advantage of the v6 over skyq.

Maybe sky will mention that they to can do HDR with an update.
Old 02-12-2016, 19:20   #1807
markliffen@googl
Inactive

markliffen@googl is on a distinguished roadmarkliffen@googl is on a distinguished road

Bloody virgin tease. Decide to have a bath mrs brings the phone up you have a call. Who is it I say. Virgin she says. Great I think I know what this is about v6. WRONG Call from India trying to upsell me to homeworks. Talk about p**ck tease lol
markliffen@googl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 20:01   #1808
mot12
cf.addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by markliffen@googl View Post
Bloody virgin tease. Decide to have a bath mrs brings the phone up you have a call. Who is it I say. Virgin she says. Great I think I know what this is about v6. WRONG Call from India trying to upsell me to homeworks. Talk about p**ck tease lol
Sounds like a virgin who teases like a pro! lol
Old 02-12-2016, 20:18   #1809
markliffen@googl
Inactive

markliffen@googl is on a distinguished roadmarkliffen@googl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Sounds like a virgin who teases like a pro! lol
Lol
markliffen@googl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 20:29   #1810
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Ddonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enough

L

Does the comment below mean If both are connected by wifi then you can record 12 shows are once, without having to say what box and does it show 2tb on either box

" Virgin Media has cleverly designed the new boxes to connect to each other and increase the storage. For example, if you have two Virgin TV V6 boxes, your storage capacity increases to 2TB (1TB per box) and you can record up to 12 shows at once. You can then play them back on either box without knowing, nor caring where the programme is stored"
Ddonald2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 21:15   #1811
mot12
cf.addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddonald2016 View Post
L

Does the comment below mean If both are connected by wifi then you can record 12 shows are once, without having to say what box and does it show 2tb on either box

" Virgin Media has cleverly designed the new boxes to connect to each other and increase the storage. For example, if you have two Virgin TV V6 boxes, your storage capacity increases to 2TB (1TB per box) and you can record up to 12 shows at once. You can then play them back on either box without knowing, nor caring where the programme is stored"
Interesting. But no idea. Yeah, usually you'd have to look for your correct named box in the category section in my shows where it says "tivo boxes", i'e "living room box" "bedroom box" or what ever.
Old 02-12-2016, 21:55   #1812
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Ddonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Interesting. But no idea. Yeah, usually you'd have to look for your correct named box in the category section in my shows where it says "tivo boxes", i'e "living room box" "bedroom box" or what ever.
Exactly then why they fully explain before they break for Christmas TITS
Ddonald2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 22:10   #1813
RB2004
Inactive

Services: Services: 200 Mbit Gamer on Hub 3, 3x Arris V6 Boxes, CISCO V HD, VIP Package
RB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut View Post
That is correct, they called me this afternoon out of the blue. And they mentioned that I registered an interest. I was waiting for the catch but there wasn't one. Not a self install either.
Hi, do yo know what the number was?

I had a missed call from, 01586 482335
Campbeltown, Scotland

But they didn't leave a voicemail. I'm worried it was VM but when I call it back I'm on hold for 5 minutes then it cuts me off saying goodbye
RB2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 22:27   #1814
mot12
cf.addict

Anyone who wants a v6 fast.. must stay prisoner at home if you miss a call that's it until June! Iv'e heard! lol
Old 02-12-2016, 22:50   #1815
RB2004
Inactive

Services: Services: 200 Mbit Gamer on Hub 3, 3x Arris V6 Boxes, CISCO V HD, VIP Package
RB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Anyone who wants a v6 fast.. must stay prisoner at home if you miss a call that's it until June! Iv'e heard! lol
Just dont want to miss the opportunity of a free box, ive got 3 tivo boxes presently and want shot of refurbs, 1 of which is proving unreliable.

rather only have to pay, £100 than £150 for 3x, even if they only give me 1 free its something
RB2004 is offline   Reply With Quote