Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Corbyn's kerfuffle

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Corbyn's kerfuffle
Closed Thread

Old 18-09-2016, 22:33   #616
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Services: Amazon Prime Video & Netflix. Deregistered from my TV licence.
Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura
Re: Corbyn's kerfuffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
Well it makes a change to see some acrimony amongst senior Labour figures...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-37384866
And John McDonnell is a Marxist so that's to idiots arguing
Advertisement
Old 19-09-2016, 06:35   #617
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by RizzyKing View Post
I'm getting bored of some people constantly acting like everyone that voted for brexit only did so because of the leave campaign nothing at all to do with experience of 40+ years in the euro club. Clearly every brexit voter is such a moron that they couldn't possibly vote for brexit because they genuinely felt it was the right thing to do or because their experience wasn't pro EU no only remainers did that because they are so much smarter then brexit voters.

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/
Old 19-09-2016, 10:49   #618
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by RizzyKing
I'm getting bored of some people constantly acting like everyone that voted for brexit only did so because of the leave campaign nothing at all to do with experience of 40+ years in the euro club. Clearly every brexit voter is such a moron that they couldn't possibly vote for brexit because they genuinely felt it was the right thing to do or because their experience wasn't pro EU no only remainers did that because they are so much smarter then brexit voters.
Nobody's saying that except some Brexiteers with a victimisation complex who don't accept the fact that people are entitled to a different opinion...
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 19-09-2016, 19:00   #619
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

I think it's fair to say that there are persecution/victimisation 'complexes' on both sides of the argument in just the same way that there were lies and exaggerations on both sides.

It's quite obvious which side was worse, however...
Old 19-09-2016, 20:22   #620
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

That's so true....
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 19-09-2016, 20:23   #621
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
That's so true....
You always were magnanimous in defeat.
Old 19-09-2016, 22:53   #622
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
It's quite obvious which side was worse, however...
Yes, if you voted "leave" it was the remainers, if you voted "remain", it was the leavers.

The days after the vote were full of whinging remainers, some really bad losers out there. While we will never know for sure, I think its less likely that something similar would have happened had it gone the othe way, since most leavers had been conditioned by the polls and 'experts' to expect they would lose.

Baby, I was born this way.
Old 20-09-2016, 08:20   #623
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
Yes, if you voted "leave" it was the remainers, if you voted "remain", it was the leavers.

The days after the vote were full of whinging remainers, some really bad losers out there. While we will never know for sure, I think its less likely that something similar would have happened had it gone the othe way, since most leavers had been conditioned by the polls and 'experts' to expect they would lose.
as a leave voter i fully expected to loose and had prepared myself to accept the democratic outcome but against the odds we won, i now find i have no tolerance for the remoaners in fact their attitude to democracy disgusts me .
they lost the argument its now time to accept that, not constantly bitch about another vote because they don't like the outcome of the democratic process .
Old 20-09-2016, 10:07   #624
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
as a leave voter i fully expected to loose and had prepared myself to accept the democratic outcome but against the odds we won, i now find i have no tolerance for the remoaners in fact their attitude to democracy disgusts me .
they lost the argument its now time to accept that, not constantly bitch about another vote because they don't like the outcome of the democratic process .
That wouldn't have happened though. Brexit supporters would have been looking for reasons and opportunities to have another vote. They said so themselves. Nor did those supporters accept the result of 1975 referendum forever more, they argued there was a material change to the organisation they voted to join then.

There isn't a cause to rerun the referendum again under current circumstances. We voted to leave and democracy should take it's course there. However what can be done by democracy and be undone by democracy and, just as Brexiters argued about the material change to the EU, Remain supporters can do the same if there is a reason to do so.

Ian Hislop said it best here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5nI_4uXzD4

Remain supporters are entitled to keep arguing for their position. Dissent is part of democracy and to expect the 48% to just shut up is itself anti-democratic.
Old 20-09-2016, 10:56   #625
techguyone
Deus Vult

Services: VM M350 with Superhub4 (modem mode) > Anytime Chatter > No TV
techguyone has reached the bronze age
techguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to techguyone

I don't expect the 48% to shut up, but it should be noted that from this point on, we're all making our own future now.

I'd hate to see the remainder lot sabotage our chances to do a 'told you so' and making a failure a self fulfilling prophesy.

I'd much rather that we all recognise we're in a common cause now and we all row in the same direction and make the future the better place it has the potential to be. It really is down to us now.
Old 20-09-2016, 11:45   #626
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

I agree. My fear over Brexit is damage to the economy and chances of jobs et rather than leaving the institution itself. If we could avoid the former I wouldn't care, probably even approve, of the latter. Although I also want to retain the right to work across Europe....
Old 20-09-2016, 19:17   #627
Osem
Inactive

I see Tom Watson wants to change the leadership rules:

Quote:
Tom Watson has called for Labour's leadership election rules to be changed to exclude registered supporters who pay a one-off fee to vote.
Labour's deputy leader described their participation as "unpopular" and suggested a return to a franchise of party members, trade unionists and MPs.
He made his proposal before a meeting of Labour's executive committee (NEC).
The NEC is also considering the possible reintroduction of elections to the shadow cabinet.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-37416853

That'll go down well with the Corbynistas...
Old 20-09-2016, 19:49   #628
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
I see Tom Watson wants to change the leadership rules:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-37416853

That'll go down well with the Corbynistas...
i think once corbyn wins again he should perform a giant turd flush on the plp
and get rid of all the backstabbers ,i know i would in his position .
Old 20-09-2016, 20:07   #629
Osem
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
i think once corbyn wins again he should perform a giant turd flush on the plp
and get rid of all the backstabbers ,i know i would in his position .
If he does that they'll have nothing to lose from forming their own party and further undermining Corbyn and his loyalists. They'd probably call it "Not Quite the Same Old Labour."
Old 20-09-2016, 22:05   #630
Anypermitedroute
Inactive

Services: Virgin TIVO XL package & Sky Movies and Sports HD XXL broadband & superhub
Anypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
If he does that they'll have nothing to lose from forming their own party and further undermining Corbyn and his loyalists. They'd probably call it "Not Quite the Same Old Labour."
Or liberal democrats
Closed Thread