Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Advice on explaining routing issues to VM 1st line

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Advice on explaining routing issues to VM 1st line

Old 11-01-2017, 01:36   #1
philipp
Inactive

Services: vivid 200. 3 tivos with all main channels.
philipp is an unknown quantity at this point
Advice on explaining routing issues to VM 1st line

Thankfully it has been fixed now (I guess networks noticed it), but I was expericing routing issues with huge packet loss and high ping which was located between the cmts stockton 17 and middlesbrough core b.

Pinging the cmts from a different internet connection showed the high ping and packet loss or using the trace facility at thinkbroadband equally showed the problem.

Now I phoned VM twice to try and let them know about this as the net was practially not usable.

I found only one server ( one of googles) that used the cmts and core a for both routes and returned normal ping and no packet loss.

The first tech support insisted my modem wasn't online (which it may not be according to a ping as it was practially 70% pl) Then inisted my purple light on the superhub 3 (running in modem mode) meant my modem was offline. After trying to explain, I got angry and ended the call.

The second tech support understood I was having connection issues but then blamed the utilisation issue in my area and ended the call.

So how do you explain a connection issue like this in the future? Or do I need to phone in UK hours in order to get through to a UK agent or maybe second line support (if that still exists)?
philipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 11-01-2017, 01:43   #2
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
Re: Advice on explaining routing issues to VM 1st line

As the call centers can do nothing about it I wouldn't bother.

Networks normally pick up on issues like this automatically.
pip08456 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 11:00   #3
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

Start a thread on VM forums? They are often slow to react, but customer users often chip in with info and advice.

http://community.virginmedia.com/
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 11:20   #4
philipp
Inactive

Services: vivid 200. 3 tivos with all main channels.
philipp is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
Start a thread on VM forums? They are often slow to react, but customer users often chip in with info and advice.

http://community.virginmedia.com/
you would have thought VM would pick it up before the week or two wait time for a reply on the community forum.

the staff there would have passed it on to networks I agree. If only there was a system in place to report network issues.

the fault came on the status page shortly after my call. So it must have triggered it by a volume as it was going on for a couple of hours and it was affecting the cmts itself.
philipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 13:57   #5
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

The Network fault affecting my connection lasted over a year. One month fee refunded. And now the fault has returned!

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/...2917052#M47374
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote