Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Project Lightning Silence...

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion

Project Lightning Silence...

Old 13-08-2017, 18:49   #106
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Project Lightning Silence...

Not sure about that checker.

Quote:
Is cable on the table? No, not yet anyway…

Tell me more… We’d love to be able to cable your area but you’re not in our next round of expansion plans. We are looking for future areas to cable though and yours could be one.
Work is in progress.

---------- Post added at 17:49 ---------- Previous post was at 17:48 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by weesteev View Post
That isn't correct, we are actively building in huge areas of block paving (Dunfermline), paving slabs (Newcastle) and red tarmac all over the country. What stops us digging in an area is wayleave in private areas, if we don't have permission to dig from the landowners then we wont place micro duct in private driveways (for example).
The amount of effort VM seem willing to spend reaching a few properties is crazy. Seeing them spending most of a week to reach 4 properties through block paving was a bit mad. He says knowing they'll have to go through a few metres of block paving and lift some slabs to reach him.
Ignitionnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 13-08-2017, 19:57   #107
weesteev
Cable Guru

Services: Virgin Media Gig1 RFOG, TV360, Stream, GoFibre 1Gb
weesteev has reached the bronze age
weesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze age

We aim to please Igni

Access Network Innovation @ Liberty Global/Virgin Media

All comments are my own opinion and not a direct expression of LG/VM.
weesteev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2017, 23:33   #108
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
We aim to please Igni
Get the 24/4 DOCSIS 3.0 build to here, followed by the 3.1 build and I'll be happy. I'm aware of what you guys have in mind for both and my/my employer's wallet is open
Ignitionnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2017, 13:30   #109
weesteev
Cable Guru

weesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze age

Im just waiting for the build to start in my home town as well! Patience is a virtue... we have some really impressive long term plans for DOCSIS and TV services, will be good to finally have a "decent" connection again.

Old 18-08-2017, 01:37   #110
Onramp
Inactive

Onramp will become famous soon enoughOnramp will become famous soon enoughOnramp will become famous soon enough

Waiting on #58384. Seems to have been at fibre design check for a few months now. Still optimistic however, it's a big project.
Onramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2017, 23:39   #111
weesteev
Cable Guru

They are all big projects

Old 19-08-2017, 01:20   #112
Onramp
Inactive

Onramp will become famous soon enoughOnramp will become famous soon enoughOnramp will become famous soon enough
Quote:
They are all big projects
Indeed, and no doubt there are at least 30 or 40 such sized projects going on at any one time in some phase or other.
Old 04-10-2017, 15:48   #113
Berbatov
Inactive

Berbatov is an unknown quantity at this point

http://www.virginmedia.com/corporate...ancashire.html

Will this include the Blackburn area?
Berbatov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 18:10   #114
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one

Something I thought I would never see!

The entire Isle of Thanet is currently plastered with permits for VM expansion. Which Headend is this area going to be attached too? Its a long way from Ashford or any of the South London ones.

The Brighton buildout appears to have reached Newhaven now.

Last edited by nodrogd; 08-10-2017 at 18:16.
nodrogd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 20:32   #115
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodrogd View Post
The entire Isle of Thanet is currently plastered with permits for VM expansion. Which Headend is this area going to be attached too? Its a long way from Ashford or any of the South London ones.
It's only about 30 miles from Ashford. There are longer runs already in use, such as Glasgow to Ayr, and Nottingham to Lincoln.

The other possibility is Basildon, as that already serves the North Kent coast.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2017, 23:55   #116
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

yup, and my connection to Nottingham is mint
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2017, 12:33   #117
Onramp
Inactive

I wonder how closely the postcode search actually follows the current plans.
Old 02-11-2017, 16:20   #118
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

Virgin's Project Lightning's very, very frightening: ISP will not hit connection target

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/1...get_this_year/
Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 18:35   #119
Onramp
Inactive

The postcode checker no longer shows the number of registrations.
Old 29-11-2017, 13:02   #120
Airwaves
Inactive

Services: Sky +, Freesat, Sky Broadband Unlimited.
Airwaves is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Airwaves

Well my hopes were dashed this week. After seeing for months that my community was in their expansion plan, and that it was apparently green on the system checker within my local store with a 6-18 month timescale, the postcode checker came back at the end of last week saying “Sorry, we can’t reach you at the moment”.

Unfortunately, it’s back to Sky for me.

I assume the registrations count has gone because all the areas have been decided?
Airwaves is offline   Reply With Quote