Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Your bill is ready email

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Billing Issues

Your bill is ready email

Old 27-09-2017, 17:08   #1
japitts
cf.geek

Services: V6 with Full-House/Maxit Sports & Movies, 100Mb broadband, Talk Weekends.
japitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud of
Your bill is ready email

For the benefit of others... I get a monthly email notification from VM once our bill is ready and online, and got one yesterday morning.

Except it wasn't one from VM - the formatting etc was completely as per what VM send out and I'd have fallen for it, bar the fact it mentioned the bill amount was £560 rather than my usual £85.

Long story short, the "from" line wasn't correct (albeit included virginmedia in it), the "to" line was an address I only use on another website (websitename@mydomain.com) and the link for "download my bill" was offering to create a zip file rather than pdf

But it was pretty convincing, and certainly caused me to call VM to make sure.
japitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 27-09-2017, 17:25   #2
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
Re: Your bill is ready email

Thanks for the warning japitts.
Old 04-10-2017, 14:56   #3
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
Re: Your bill is ready email

I got one saying my bill was overdue ,which it was not .Fake asking for money. Beware people!!
alwaysabear is offline   Reply With Quote