Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Netflix/Streaming Services

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Netflix/Streaming Services
Closed Thread

Old 26-11-2016, 19:06   #3106
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I think you meant 'Clarkson'!

Mind you, maybe you weren't that far off anyway! He's the only bloke (apart from John Humphries) who made me feel sorry for the politicians!
Oh please OB don't shed a tear for our obfuscating politicians.

---------- Post added at 19:06 ---------- Previous post was at 19:05 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
Paxman is a over rated bully imo.
What because certain people who don't like him say so?.
Old 26-11-2016, 19:50   #3107
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Oh please OB don't shed a tear for our obfuscating politicians.

---------- Post added at 19:06 ---------- Previous post was at 19:05 ----------

What because certain people who don't like him say so?.
He is a i won't post here what i think lol. One day he'll get a smack back of someone and he'll go running like bullies do.
Theother two i don't mind though i like Hammond as a presenter, i don't know otherone so can't comment on him.
Old 26-11-2016, 20:46   #3108
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
I read that Grand Tour is the biggest streamed premier in Amazon Prime history.
Hardly surprising given the promotion it's had (even by the BBC).

Here's a list of all the other Amazon exclusives that I'm aware of...
Old 26-11-2016, 22:28   #3109
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
Hardly surprising given the promotion it's had (even by the BBC).

Here's a list of all the other Amazon exclusives that I'm aware of...
Still more exclusives than Vm have
Old 27-11-2016, 07:56   #3110
Anypermitedroute
Inactive

Services: Virgin TIVO XL package & Sky Movies and Sports HD XXL broadband & superhub
Anypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of Quads

So I signed up for netflix for first time ever, reading here made me straight reach for my iPad and stream to Apple TV but seeing I only had 15% and couldn't recall if Apple TV had native Netflix I thought I might as well try to do this through TiVo

And wow was I surprised, it was quick and responsive and the whole user experience was lightening fast. I was expecting to have the same sluggishness user experience that you get with sky movies which I gets round by reviewing sky movies on the iPad app and then type the movie into TiVo app rather than going through the menu navigation but this was miles different and faster

Pity that the first thing I watch was for the Mrs; Gilmor girls, but can't fault VM for that

A
Old 27-11-2016, 08:32   #3111
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Still more exclusives than Vm have
Good grief even on a Sunday your misery knows no ends.
Old 27-11-2016, 08:43   #3112
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anypermitedroute View Post
So I signed up for netflix for first time ever, reading here made me straight reach for my iPad and stream to Apple TV but seeing I only had 15% and couldn't recall if Apple TV had native Netflix I thought I might as well try to do this through TiVo

And wow was I surprised, it was quick and responsive and the whole user experience was lightening fast. I was expecting to have the same sluggishness user experience that you get with sky movies which I gets round by reviewing sky movies on the iPad app and then type the movie into TiVo app rather than going through the menu navigation but this was miles different and faster

Pity that the first thing I watch was for the Mrs; Gilmor girls, but can't fault VM for that

A
In my experience Netflix on the normal TiVo is a big pile of poo compared to running it on the Xbox One, PS4 or Amazon Fire Stick as it is far faster.
Old 27-11-2016, 10:01   #3113
Anypermitedroute
Inactive

Services: Virgin TIVO XL package & Sky Movies and Sports HD XXL broadband & superhub
Anypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of Quads
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
In my experience Netflix on the normal TiVo is a big pile of poo compared to running it on the Xbox One, PS4 or Amazon Fire Stick as it is far faster.
Well I only done it once, but am happy to give it another go rather than go to Apple TV as default
Old 27-11-2016, 10:06   #3114
Kabaal
Haggis Hunting

Kabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of Quads

Just tried it on mine in case the new firmware had sped it up but it still took about a minute to load. Takes about 3 seconds on the Fire TV as comparison.
Old 27-11-2016, 12:29   #3115
Anypermitedroute
Inactive

Thanks for the comparison, in fairness I hadn't tried it on other platform other than iPad my only rule of thumb was sky movies on TiVo
Old 27-11-2016, 12:37   #3116
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Good grief even on a Sunday your misery knows no ends.
That was posted yesterday (Saturday)

---------- Post added at 12:37 ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anypermitedroute View Post
Well I only done it once, but am happy to give it another go rather than go to Apple TV as default
Apple tv does have netflix on it's store too should you need it if you get issues with the tivo.
Old 28-11-2016, 14:22   #3117
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

HBO España launches in Spain. And it's exclusive to Vodafone.
http://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2016/...aunched-spain/
Old 29-11-2016, 16:06   #3118
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
He is a i won't post here what i think lol. One day he'll get a smack back of someone and he'll go running like bullies do.
Theother two i don't mind though i like Hammond as a presenter, i don't know otherone so can't comment on him.
He is a nasty little bully I agree.

The other one is called James May AFAIK.

Does anyone know how to get a months Now TV Entertainment & Movies for £1?

https://www.nectar.com/collecting-points/brands/nowtv

Nectar referred me to Now TV; Now TV referred me back to Nectar.
Old 29-11-2016, 19:09   #3119
Bofrok
cf.addict

Services: VM TV, Broadband, Phone and Mobile
Bofrok is just really niceBofrok is just really niceBofrok is just really niceBofrok is just really niceBofrok is just really niceBofrok is just really nice

I know you have to sign in to the Nectar site before clicking on any of the offers but not sure about the £1.
Old 30-11-2016, 15:15   #3120
heavyside
cf.geek

heavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to behold

I don't know if this has been mentioned before on this thread but you can now download Netflix programmes to view on the go.

https://media.netflix.com/en/company...flix-on-the-go
Closed Thread