Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Netflix/Streaming Services

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Netflix/Streaming Services
Closed Thread

Old 23-07-2015, 21:34   #1846
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by tassiekev View Post
You can watch it on the NBC.com website quite freely, you'll need Hola, Zenmate or similar.

http://www.nbc.com/aquarius/episodes
I don't do tv on a computer personally although free is always better.
Advertisement
Old 23-07-2015, 21:53   #1847
multiskilled
cf.geek

Services: Player tv , V6, phone l, bb 100Meg.
multiskilled has reached the bronze age
multiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze age

Anybody know which two seasons of Game of Thrones are available on Now TV?

I have just bought a Roku 3 with a 3 month entertainment pass and I've seen seasons 1 and 2 and wondering if I need to get season 3 on bluray before I activate it?

Thanks.
Old 23-07-2015, 22:12   #1848
tassiekev
Inactive

tassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the rough

http://www.artesea.co.uk/nowtv/

tells you which box sets are on and for how long - seems GOT S01 is the only one on at the moment

---------- Post added at 21:12 ---------- Previous post was at 21:10 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
I don't do tv on a computer personally although free is always better.

I have Atlantic HD anyway but before I knew about Sky getting it, watched it on TV via HDMI from the lappie - still good PQ
Old 25-07-2015, 19:37   #1849
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

For vm customers or anyone if you really want to watch trutv it is now available live on trutv website http://www.trutv.co.uk/
Old 28-07-2015, 11:38   #1850
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Amazon Prime Music launches in the UK

http://www.theguardian.com/technolog...ic-launches-uk
Old 28-07-2015, 12:44   #1851
tassiekev
Inactive

tassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Amazon Prime Music launches in the UK

http://www.theguardian.com/technolog...ic-launches-uk
What's the bet that Prime will go from £79 to £99 in the next few months. They're getting like everyone else, bundling up stuff you don't need/want and saying they've got no option but to increase prices.
Old 28-07-2015, 19:43   #1852
toady
cf.geek

Services: A mix of XXL and XL
toady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud of

Quote:
What's the bet that Prime will go from £79 to £99 in the next few months. They're getting like everyone else, bundling up stuff you don't need/want and saying they've got no option but to increase prices.
Considering how many orders we place with Amazon, even £99 would be a bargain

Amazon Music is very limited, no Universal artists, but is a welcome addition
Old 28-07-2015, 19:52   #1853
tassiekev
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by toady View Post
Considering how many orders we place with Amazon, even £99 would be a bargain

Amazon Music is very limited, no Universal artists, but is a welcome addition
I think its good value (for me) at £79, mainly because I don't do a lot of shopping with Amazon but I do get my money's worth with streaming. Had a quick look at the music earlier but nothing particularly exciting, can't see when I'd use it.
Old 29-07-2015, 11:05   #1854
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
I think its good value (for me) at £79, mainly because I don't do a lot of shopping with Amazon but I do get my money's worth with streaming. Had a quick look at the music earlier but nothing particularly exciting, can't see when I'd use it.
Personally, I wish they'd do a stripped back Prime with just the free deliveries (as it started). I had a free trial of Spotify Premium which I rarely used (and cancelled a couple of days ago) so I doubt I'll use a service which, if anything, seems to offer a more limited selection of music. I prefer to buy the tracks and albums I like. That way I know that if I want to listen to them 5 or 10 years down the line, I'll still have access to them. I won't be at the mercy of some licencing deal.

Regarding Prime Instant Video, I find the original shows they produce to be overrated and, as with Netflix, it's often too much effort to find a halfway decent film or TV show, so I rarely bother with that either.
Old 29-07-2015, 11:11   #1855
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

I pay for Netflix as I find a lot of shows on there I want to watch. I did join Prime Video the other week, but I cancelled it the same day as there wasn't anything covered by the subscription that I wanted to watch that wasn't already on Netflix

The one thing I did want to watch - Star Trek TNG in HD - isn't covered by the subscription.
Old 29-07-2015, 11:41   #1856
Stop It
Inactive

Services: VM Vivid 200 VM XL TV & Sky Sports VM Phone
Stop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
Personally, I wish they'd do a stripped back Prime with just the free deliveries (as it started). I had a free trial of Spotify Premium which I rarely used (and cancelled a couple of days ago) so I doubt I'll use a service which, if anything, seems to offer a more limited selection of music. I prefer to buy the tracks and albums I like. That way I know that if I want to listen to them 5 or 10 years down the line, I'll still have access to them. I won't be at the mercy of some licencing deal.

Regarding Prime Instant Video, I find the original shows they produce to be overrated and, as with Netflix, it's often too much effort to find a halfway decent film or TV show, so I rarely bother with that either.
But they still do free deliveries, and I don't see even if they had the option of delivery only that it would be significantly cheaper than current pricing. Adding value to their service is no bad thing.

You can still buy music, you just have the option to stream if you like now too. I wont be using the music service a lot either but it's certainly nice to have.

As for the video service, it would be nice if the service allowed me and my partner to ditch Netflix but sadly it isn't, but they do compliment each other nicely at times.

Frankly, at the combined cost of £131/year (Price locked at £5.99/m for Netflix and grabbed the £59/year for Prime) I have no problem subscribing to both.

As with anything though, value is different from person to person.
Old 29-07-2015, 13:07   #1857
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stop It View Post
Adding value to their service is no bad thing.

Couldn't agree more. The music part can't compete with Spotify etc. but it's not meant to. For many people it will be all they need. After a quick browse yesterday, I found a good few things I could listen to. You can also make playlists that include tracks from your own collection and Amazon Prime tracks.
Old 29-07-2015, 14:22   #1858
mike_gain
Inactive

mike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stop It View Post
As for the video service, it would be nice if the service allowed me and my partner to ditch Netflix but sadly it isn't, but they do compliment each other nicely at times.
I find Netflix is better for more recent shows for the kids and has some more off beat films (e.g. Odd Thomas, Death of a Salesman being two examples). It's also pretty good for catching up on shows I missed first time round (Breaking Bad, Sons of Anarchy).

I have found myself being drawn to Amazon's content more for the wife and I. Vikings is a top series as is Extand. Still to watch the 3rd season of Ripper Street (although it's coming to the BBC I see) and really intrigued by Black Sails and Halt and Catch Fire. The Man in the High Castle is also on my watchlist but won't probably start that until they do the series proper.

In short we're getting pretty good use out of both and with being on a half price offer for Now TV movies I feel we've got pretty good coverage, starting to look at whether we need a VM TV package to be honest, love the TiVo but only if it's recording stuff I can't find or get elsewhere.
Old 29-07-2015, 20:30   #1859
toady
cf.geek

Services: A mix of XXL and XL
toady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_gain View Post
In short we're getting pretty good use out of both and with being on a half price offer for Now TV movies I feel we've got pretty good coverage, starting to look at whether we need a VM TV package to be honest, love the TiVo but only if it's recording stuff I can't find or get elsewhere.
I'm finding the same without Now TV, I'm planning to drop down to L on VM TV due to the price rise, but I'm almost at the point to drop VM TV altogether and stick with streaming and Freeview
Old 29-07-2015, 21:28   #1860
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
For vm customers or anyone if you really want to watch trutv it is now available live on trutv website http://www.trutv.co.uk/
cheers pal

Wow though either vm simply don't want to get this channel or they've offered two croissants to get the channel and trutv rejected it. trutv literally giving it away on their website
Closed Thread