Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Old 03-11-2016, 18:42   #11656
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
On the subject of comedians, I came across this by chance on YouTube earlier - anyone remember Phil Cool?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjkoR4UUfXw

How before someone claims Trump is behind all his slurs against Bill Clinton?
Yes l remember Phil Cool and l thought he was pretty good.
Old 03-11-2016, 21:16   #11657
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Yes l remember Phil Cool and l thought he was pretty good.
The things he could do with his face were amazing.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 22:24   #11658
ThunderPants73
cf.mega poster

Services: BB & PHONE
ThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond repute

Nights are drawing in (I get to burn candles and actually witness their plucky little flames),
Bedtimes are getting cooler (the super soft flanellette sheets are ON THE BED, so no shockingly cold icy surprises)
Only a matter of time before the electric blanket is yanked rudely out of mothballs (retro but don't judge me 'til you've tried it)
Cycling in the crisp chilly mornings with Autumn proudly showing off its colours, shrouded in a hint of mist.... I was an Autumn baby, it's my kinda season....

Last edited by ThunderPants73; 03-11-2016 at 22:29.
ThunderPants73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 22:40   #11659
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Mrs Osem sorted my right forearm arm out after I strained a muscle moving our old washing machine yesterday. Slept really badly as I couldn't get comfortable so in the morning I asked her to put her training to good use and massage it form me. I was surprised how painful it was but after suffering for about 20 mins it started to feel a lot better and I was able to remove the old machine and install the new one today pain free. I knew all the years of training wouldn't be wasted...

Have done a couple of hot washes with the new machine and it seems great so far. Time will tell how durable it is I suppose but so far very pleased.
Old 04-11-2016, 06:45   #11660
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderPants73 View Post
Nights are drawing in (I get to burn candles and actually witness their plucky little flames),
Bedtimes are getting cooler (the super soft flanellette sheets are ON THE BED, so no shockingly cold icy surprises)
Only a matter of time before the electric blanket is yanked rudely out of mothballs (retro but don't judge me 'til you've tried it)
Cycling in the crisp chilly mornings with Autumn proudly showing off its colours, shrouded in a hint of mist.... I was an Autumn baby, it's my kinda season....
Personally l love the start of the Autumn with all the colourful leaves as its certainly a beautiful sight on a nice crisp dry day.

---------- Post added at 05:45 ---------- Previous post was at 05:43 ----------

Quote:
Mrs Osem sorted my right forearm arm out after I strained a muscle moving our old washing machine yesterday. Slept really badly as I couldn't get comfortable so in the morning I asked her to put her training to good use and massage it form me. I was surprised how painful it was but after suffering for about 20 mins it started to feel a lot better and I was able to remove the old machine and install the new one today pain free. I knew all the years of training wouldn't be wasted...

Have done a couple of hot washes with the new machine and it seems great so far. Time will tell how durable it is I suppose but so far very pleased.
l hope your arm is better Osem as you are right it really can get painful when one strains a muscle around that area.
Old 04-11-2016, 14:16   #11661
Osem
Inactive

All fine now thanks Den and I slept so much better. Moved the old machine outside and removed the motor all on my own today and my arm was fine. G ood lukc with all your tests.
Old 04-11-2016, 14:31   #11662
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
All fine now thanks Den and I slept so much better. Moved the old machine outside and removed the motor all on my own today and my arm was fine. G ood lukc with all your tests.
l am glad to hear that you are feeling better.

Well myself like several others here being rather a regular visitor to the hospital we tend to arrive early and have a cup of tea and a bite to eat before going to the relevant departments but alas when l get the dates for these tests sadly l cannot do that and l am sure there will probably be a Dracula around the corner just waiting to stick those needles into me as well.
Old 04-11-2016, 15:23   #11663
Osem
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
l am glad to hear that you are feeling better.

Well myself like several others here being rather a regular visitor to the hospital we tend to arrive early and have a cup of tea and a bite to eat before going to the relevant departments but alas when l get the dates for these tests sadly l cannot do that and l am sure there will probably be a Dracula around the corner just waiting to stick those needles into me as well.
Yes I recall being a pin cushion when I was in hospital for a week early last year - I was having IV antibiotics and regular blood tests every few hours and through the night. It was horrible but nothing like how bad things are for some poor people. That's how I always try to think now - things may be bad but there are always people worse off.
Old 04-11-2016, 15:28   #11664
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Most definitely Osem as you say there are people worse off that is for sure as l remember when l was in hospital 6 weeks ago there were two patients with terminal cancer in my ward so that certainly puts things into perspective.
Old 05-11-2016, 16:43   #11665
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Peter View Post
Britain's finest stand-up comedian
Ok Thanks, Just did not know,
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 19:19   #11666
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

My tumble dryer gave up on me last night so today my hubby went to Currys after he finished his shift and picked me up a new tumble dryer although I had to laugh at how he picked it. He went in the shop and said what have you got available to take away now, I must admit it was a lovely surprise and he picked a dryer that I would more than likely have picked myself as it ticks all the boxes 8 kg, condenser, LED screen display, number of drying temperatures 3 etc. Hubby is also happy as he saved money as it was reduced by £100.99. My kitchen appliances a silver/stainless steel but this will be in the cupboard under the stairs so the colour does not matter.

This is the one he brought home http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/househo...33655-pdt.html
Old 05-11-2016, 19:32   #11667
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by weenie View Post
My tumble dryer gave up on me last night so today my hubby went to Currys after he finished his shift and picked me up a new tumble dryer although I had to laugh at how he picked it. He went in the shop and said what have you got available to take away now, I must admit it was a lovely surprise and he picked a dryer that I would more than likely have picked myself as it ticks all the boxes 8 kg, condenser, LED screen display, number of drying temperatures 3 etc. Hubby is also happy as he saved money as it was reduced by £100.99. My kitchen appliances a silver/stainless steel but this will be in the cupboard under the stairs so the colour does not matter.

This is the one he brought home http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/househo...33655-pdt.html
It looks perfectly good enough to me weenie
Old 05-11-2016, 20:51   #11668
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

I'm delighted with it den and feel very blessed at having such a caring hubby.
Old 06-11-2016, 01:40   #11669
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

Fantastic Weenie,
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 19:24   #11670
Osem
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by weenie View Post
I'm delighted with it den and feel very blessed at having such a caring hubby.
I'm sure you deserve eachother.