Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | What does the V+ box do all night ?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Sky Sports 3D to launch (but not on Virgin Media)

Old 06-05-2012, 18:07   #1
Tricky Trevor
cf.geek

Services: Gig1,Ultimate Volt,Virgin 360x2, O2 mobile
Tricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of Quads
Post Sky Sports 3D to launch (but not on Virgin Media)

I've not seen this anywhere but I don't suppose this will be on Virgin by the start of the new Football season?

http://www.stuff.tv/news/tv-and-hi-f...rts-3d-channel
Old 06-05-2012, 18:16   #2
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: Sky Sports 3D to launch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky Trevor View Post
I've not seen this anywhere but I don't suppose this will be on Virgin by the start of the new Football season?

http://www.stuff.tv/news/tv-and-hi-f...rts-3d-channel
Waste of time and money.
Old 06-05-2012, 19:41   #3
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Waste of time and money.
Couldn't agree more, 3D won't take off like HD has
Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 22:05   #4
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

SKY Sports 3D won't be anywhere near Virgin Media......probably ever! I thought 3D was dying off.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 22:19   #5
toby53
Inactive

toby53 is on a distinguished roadtoby53 is on a distinguished road

About the same time as F1HD,Sports 3&4HD and that channel that gets people exited something to do with the pond between Europe & the states
toby53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 00:31   #6
Risco
Inactive

Services: VIP; BB XL; TiVo 1TB; V+HD
Risco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to behold

No chance, ever. Sky only give Virgin premium channels if their hand is forced by ofcom.
Risco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 07:05   #7
jodash
Inactive

Services: Virgin VHDX1 Tivo X2 100mg B/B and Telephone (VIP) IPhone,Ipad
jodash is on a distinguished roadjodash is on a distinguished road

so 3D is a waste of money,we think its great and the grandchildren love watching there Blu-rays in 3D,why do people make such sweeping statements as waste of time & money
jodash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 08:48   #8
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodash View Post
so 3D is a waste of money,we think its great and the grandchildren love watching there Blu-rays in 3D,why do people make such sweeping statements as waste of time & money
You will find the majority making those sweeping statements haven't even tried 3D in the home environment , it's like the comment 3D will never be as big as HD talk about stating the obvious. Broadcast SBS 3D is vastly inferior to that of Blu Ray , we've watched movies on Blu Ray 3D and the quality and effects have been amazing.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 09:43   #9
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
You will find the majority making those sweeping statements haven't even tried 3D in the home environment , it's like the comment 3D will never be as big as HD talk about stating the obvious. Broadcast SBS 3D is vastly inferior to that of Blu Ray , we've watched movies on Blu Ray 3D and the quality and effects have been amazing.
Sweeping statements l don't think so.

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/...ales-hollywood

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisf...-films-decline

http://www.stuff.co.nz/the-press/new...r-ticket-sales

http://www.technologyblogged.com/mob...283m-year-loss
Old 07-05-2012, 10:03   #10
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

I thought this was about the channel launching on VM, can a mod change the title as a bit misleading, anyone agree or is it just my eye sight
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 10:04   #11
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstokes View Post
I thought this was about the channel launching on VM, can a mod change the title as a bit misleading, anyone agree or is it just my eye sight
Yep when i saw it i was thinking how the hell did VM get that channel.

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 10:07   #12
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
Yep when i saw it i was thinking how the hell did VM get that channel.
Thats what i thought as well, maybe a mod can change the title?
Old 07-05-2012, 10:09   #13
richard1960

Services: vm broadband tvxl TiVo, v+ sky sports and phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstokes View Post
You could read that into it,but..........................

As most regualr posters will know already there is about as much chance of VM getting Sky 3Ds channel as there is of Mr Mudoch remembering all that went on at News International.!
Old 07-05-2012, 10:10   #14
LexDiamond
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD, Sky Unlimited BB and Sky landline
LexDiamond has reached the bronze age
LexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze age

Is this a channel that Sky will include in the Sky Sports pack on their platform so that subscribers don't need to be on Sky World to receive sports 3D
LexDiamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 10:17   #15
nstokes
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard1960 View Post
You could read that into it,but..........................

As most regualr posters will know already there is about as much chance of VM getting Sky 3Ds channel as there is of Mr Mudoch remembering all that went on at News International.!
True point

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexDiamond View Post
Is this a channel that Sky will include in the Sky Sports pack on their platform so that subscribers don't need to be on Sky World to receive sports 3D
Unlikely as it shows movies as well