Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | TV price rises

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

TV price rises

Old 02-02-2012, 17:09   #151
m419
Inactive

Services: BT Broadband,BT Anytime calls,Sky entertainment extra HD,Vodafone pay monthly
m419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quads
Re: TV price rises

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Yes l agree that multi room streaming will be a great function to have and the sooner it comes the more it will be to Virgins advantage and to the detriment of Sky.
That is what the cable industry has needed for a very long time is exclusive products,content and wider coverage and availability. If Digital,VoD and if the cable companies created more of there own content back in say 1997 just before Sky launched digital, it would be in front of sky today. But because of the cable companies keep changing ownership and borrowing money, it has put everything on hold, the worst of all NTL, borrowing and borrowing and mass buyouts and not focusing on customer services and product portfolio carefully.

---------- Post added at 16:09 ---------- Previous post was at 16:06 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post
The sale of Virgin Media Television channels (Bravo Virgin 1 etc) is paying for the upgrades according to VM.
They should have sold Virgin Mobile and or its UKTV stake not Virgin Media Television, it will be very hard for Virgin Media to ever get back to its content providing
m419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 02-02-2012, 17:14   #152
andrew.shearman
Inactive

andrew.shearman is an unknown quantity at this point

I am on VIP 50 with tive is that going up in price
andrew.shearman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 17:15   #153
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by m419 View Post
That is what the cable industry has needed for a very long time is exclusive products,content and wider coverage and availability. If Digital,VoD and if the cable companies created more of there own content back in say 1997 just before Sky launched digital, it would be in front of sky today. But because of the cable companies keep changing ownership and borrowing money, it has put everything on hold, the worst of all NTL, borrowing and borrowing and mass buyouts and not focusing on customer services and product portfolio carefully.

---------- Post added at 16:09 ---------- Previous post was at 16:06 ----------

They should have sold Virgin Mobile and or its UKTV stake not Virgin Media Television, it will be very hard for Virgin Media to ever get back to its content providing
Actually I think it was the UKTV stake that paid for it, sorry - my bad
Digital Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 17:18   #154
paultrademark
Inactive

Services: 70MB BB
paultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew.shearman View Post
I am on VIP 50 with tive is that going up in price
You'll get an email/letter advising on your price change, apparently they have started going out already according to one poster on the VM Support Forums

Link
paultrademark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 17:33   #155
andrew.shearman
Inactive

andrew.shearman is an unknown quantity at this point

ok thank you
andrew.shearman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 17:37   #156
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew.shearman View Post
I am on VIP 50 with tivo is that going up in price
Ben or DF will be able to tell you about that Andrew.
Old 02-02-2012, 17:39   #157
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

The link that Muppetman has posted suggests that multi room streaming wouldn't be a usp for very long (damn you mm!), but at the very least Virgin should try to be first with it, else they'll look like they're playing catch up even if they're not.
andy_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 17:43   #158
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

It seems anyone who has evening and weekend calls will see their free call start time moved from 6pm - 7pm.
https://my.virginmedia.com/customer-...uspart=DMail_3
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 17:49   #159
tridens

Services: Sky TV HD
Thumbs down Re: TV price rises

Hi
I just phoned vmedia retentions department they wouldn't give me any discount or a better package they confirmed From
April 1st
Tv L going up £2
BB L going up £1.50

So my monthly bill will go up by £3.50
That's a big increase 9.7%
Well done virgin get as much money out of customers as you can in these hard times
Old 02-02-2012, 18:15   #160
Superblade7
cf.geek

Services: Sky Q 2TB & Sky Q Mini (Box Sets with Cinema & Sports HD) with VM VIVID 100Mbps Broadband & M Phone
Superblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone got any news on whether there is any increase to other BB tiers or phone?
Superblade7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 18:20   #161
sniper007
Inactive

sniper007 is a glorious beacon of lightsniper007 is a glorious beacon of lightsniper007 is a glorious beacon of lightsniper007 is a glorious beacon of lightsniper007 is a glorious beacon of lightsniper007 is a glorious beacon of lightsniper007 is a glorious beacon of light

I'm sorry but this is a joke. Anyone telling me £2 is nothing and to stop moaning. I would if it was "just" £2. EVERYTHING is going up in price just because they can. Every direct debit I have seems to keep increasing by "JUST" £X. Well it JUST takes the flippin mick now. Are my wages going up "JUST" £X. No they aren't. They can JUST shove their £2 up their bums. Right when we are told to watch F1 next year it will be over £20 more per month for the sky sports channels. Nice. Not happy. If anything else goes up like line rental etc I think I am going to go over to sky sadly after 10 years with virgin/ntl.
sniper007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 18:20   #162
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Don't think anyone's BB price should increase until their speed has actually increased. That would be more reasonable. Otherwise some would be on lower speeds and paying more for several months. But hey, what's new with VM's billing.
Mr K is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 18:23   #163
New to cable
Permanently Banned

New to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutter

Does anyone know if the 50Mb is going up in price? I hope so as that's my get out clause. Or the "Slime ball route" as Kymmy calls it LMAO..

Anyway call it what you will but does anyone know of a price rise for 50mb? I'm saying 50Mb is bad its just overkill as I have an ADSL line.
New to cable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 18:24   #164
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniper007 View Post
I'm sorry but this is a joke. Anyone telling me £2 is nothing and to stop moaning. I would if it was "just" £2. EVERYTHING is going up in price just because they can. Every direct debit I have seems to keep increasing by "JUST" £X. Well it JUST takes the flippin mick now. Are my wages going up "JUST" £X. No they aren't. They can JUST shove their £2 up their bums. Right when we are told to watch F1 next year it will be over £20 more per month for the sky sports channels. Nice. Not happy. If anything else goes up like line rental etc I think I am going to go over to sky sadly after 10 years with virgin/ntl.
As I said earlier, see what's best for you (with any provider) cost, product and service.. then make a decision based on that.

This is the first time in a long while that Sky have frozen their prices. I'd expect them to go up in August, but who knows?
Digital Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 18:27   #165
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

As far as broadband is concerned, the proposed speed doubling means I'm going from my current 30mb to the cheaper 10mb product, safe in the knowledge that it'll be 20mb soon enough. There are ways to save money on your bill - most people have probably got some options that are more than they need. During the course of this discussion, for example, I've remembered that I'm still on phone XL, a product I meant to downgrade when I upgraded my mobile and got loads of extra minutes. That's about 6 or 7 quid a month saved on products I'm either not using or are surplus to what I really need, so I won't even notice that they're gone.
andy_m is offline   Reply With Quote