Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | PS3 no picture

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Sony Games Systems

PS3 no picture

Old 21-05-2009, 13:17   #1
Fred_Smith
Inactive

Fred_Smith is on a distinguished roadFred_Smith is on a distinguished road
PS3 no picture

Hi I have a PS3 connected to by PC monitor via HDMI.... All has been fine, but last night, I turned it on and just got a blank picture on my monitor when I switched it to HDMI rather than the PS3 picture.

The PS3 boots properly, because I get the usual sound (via optical) when you start up the PS3.

I have tried wiggling the cables, checking connections etc... All looks ok.

Any help, very much appreciated.

Thanks
Fred_Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 21-05-2009, 13:22   #2
dev
Inactive

dev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond repute
Re: PS3 no picture

Happened to me with my monitor, turn the monitor off (at the plug so it has 0 power to it) and leave it off for a few minutes, then turn it back on and see if it fixes it.
dev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2009, 13:26   #3
Fred_Smith
Inactive

Fred_Smith is on a distinguished roadFred_Smith is on a distinguished road

Ok I'll give that a try tonight, thanks for responding.
Fred_Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2009, 14:37   #4
STONEISLAND
Inactive

Services: V + HD V Telephone V Cable 20MB
STONEISLAND has reached the bronze age
STONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred_Smith View Post
Ok I'll give that a try tonight, thanks for responding.
Failing that hold the PS3 power button for around 10 secs until it beeps twice.
STONEISLAND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2009, 14:47   #5
southwell
Inactive

Services: Sky HD Virgin Phone + 50mb
southwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by STONEISLAND View Post
Failing that hold the PS3 power button for around 10 secs until it beeps twice.
Yep, this resets the output and will search for a new output.
southwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2009, 13:12   #6
dev
Inactive

dev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond repute

When it happened to me, the reset didn't solve it, from what I understood it was a HDCP issue and the monitor had to be turned off for it to forget something which was stopping it allowing the PS3 to display anything.
dev is offline   Reply With Quote