Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Really rubbish connection. India says everything's ok

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Really rubbish connection. India says everything's ok

Old 26-04-2012, 07:42   #46
Nopanic
Inactive

Nopanic has reached the bronze age
Nopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze age
Re: Really rubbish connection. India says everything's ok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_ View Post
I do not believe for one nano second that India or any of the offshore locations could ever have beaten any UK based agent without the figures being massaged and everyone I spoke to at the Albert Dock said exactly the same.

The only way they could have got such great scores would be if they were faked by the company, I saw accounts where the Indian agent had stated that he had checked the online tools and got the customer to reboot the modem saw a valid ip and therefore they were now online, all in a call lasting 20 seconds or so which you could see in the footsteps screen, and I am not talking about a single instance here but multiple accounts and multiple users.

You can continue to believe those NPS are real and to be honest as you are working for Virgin Media the is nothing else you could say due to the confidentiality agreement you have signed with regards to posting business sensitive material online.

If offshore are so good why did the likes of Santander bring its call centres back to the UK, that is easy because the customers wanted it to happen as per this link.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/n...tion-woes.html

---------- Post added at 17:44 ---------- Previous post was at 17:39 ----------

I am happy with the performance of my own Superhub and consistently get around 32Mb wired, my gripe is with the company buying committee built equipment where looks outweigh performance and this includes both the VMNG300 and the Superhub.

The Superhub wireless does cover my property but I do not get the speeds that I do from my Edimax router which provides the same coverage but with faster wireless speeds and this can only be due to those rather small antenna that are fitted internally at the back of the device.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis View Post
nopanic you missed my feedback then

I filled in one of those forms and whilst I didnt complain about the way offshore dealt with my query I did complain that I couldnt understand them and had to keep asking them to repeat what they saying.
The 2nd bad call I didnt do a form I just went to the CEO office instead since I didnt get any feedback to the original VM form, after the muppet in india deactivated my vmng300 without my permission.
I've signed nothing to say I can't talk about fed back. You're all making this sound like I'm here defending the agents because I have a loyalty or love for them.

You customers rate them, Im just telling you what most customers say.

Pete like it or not unless someone from upper management has created thousands of accounts, with thousands of addresses, etc customers are rating them well.

Maybe they trick them?? I don't know, my view of VM doesn't come from a limited call centre and it certainly doesn't come from details I am fed by anyone in this upper management circle of death you keep talking about.

I know you're still sore and it'll never be right how you lot got treated but I'm not part of any lie, you get honesty or silence from me.
Nopanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 26-04-2012, 08:05   #47
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nopanic View Post
I've signed nothing to say I can't talk about fed back. You're all making this sound like I'm here defending the agents because I have a loyalty or love for them.

You customers rate them, Im just telling you what most customers say.

Pete like it or not unless someone from upper management has created thousands of accounts, with thousands of addresses, etc customers are rating them well.

Maybe they trick them?? I don't know, my view of VM doesn't come from a limited call centre and it certainly doesn't come from details I am fed by anyone in this upper management circle of death you keep talking about.

I know you're still sore and it'll never be right how you lot got treated but I'm not part of any lie, you get honesty or silence from me.
Actually I am not overly bothered by being made redundant as I have been there before and have the t shirt, I know you are not defending the company as such but you all have to abide by the social network posting rules on the intranet which forms part of your contract.

The is no way that Indian call centres could ever beat UK call centres on NPS without some massive input from management as the are to many issues and dislike from the majority of customers and they are not going to change their mind for a survey.

As above the are many accounts were the Indian agent simply lied and wrapped up the call in less than 30 seconds with a reboot and check of a valid ip which is pure lies, I have actually seen these accounts so it is not something that I have made up and senior management at the dock knew about them as they instigated the investigation of those accounts.

Do you honestly believe that NPS from India could beat all UK call centres handsdown as the results they published were always a whitewash as no UK centre even came close.

We even have Sheila Burgess telling people at the Albert Dock that Virgin Media cannot ever see a time without offshore, now a statement like that stinks from such a large company and leads to suspicions about possible back room dealings and we think Murdoch's empire stinks.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2012, 08:37   #48
Nopanic
Inactive

Nopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Actually I am not overly bothered by being made redundant as I have been there before and have the t shirt, I know you are not defending the company as such but you all have to abide by the social network posting rules on the intranet which forms part of your contract.

The is no way that Indian call centres could ever beat UK call centres on NPS without some massive input from management as the are to many issues and dislike from the majority of customers and they are not going to change their mind for a survey.

As above the are many accounts were the Indian agent simply lied and wrapped up the call in less than 30 seconds with a reboot and check of a valid ip which is pure lies, I have actually seen these accounts so it is not something that I have made up and senior management at the dock knew about them as they instigated the investigation of those accounts.

Do you honestly believe that NPS from India could beat all UK call centres handsdown as the results they published were always a whitewash as no UK centre even came close.

We even have Sheila Burgess telling people at the Albert Dock that Virgin Media cannot ever see a time without offshore, now a statement like that stinks from such a large company and leads to suspicions about possible back room dealings and we think Murdoch's empire stinks.

It's not about what I believe, or my opinion on any centre.

Maybe its the number of customers that just give everything a 10, maybe its customers being tricked into thinking the job was done first time, if you must have a negative.

Customer completes form, form processed, data is fed out. I'm open to the suggestion that we have upper managers who are awesome hackers and have used their skills to get between the fabric of our infrastructure to change data at the source, in fact that would be quite cool ..

but unless this is the case, the data is as simple as how many times has this been ticked, which centre logged the fault.

No much more for me to add really, or we'll be going round in circles.
Old 26-04-2012, 16:27   #49
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze

another thing I noticed, if I speak to the CEO office or a uk rep I dont get the form.

I 'always' get the form when speaking to an indian rep.
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2012, 16:46   #50
Sephiroth
Simples

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Chrys

Doesn't that rather prove Pete's point?

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2012, 18:41   #51
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
Chrys

Doesn't that rather prove Pete's point?
I know that the words posted above with regards Sheila Burgess were not taken out of context and that she was adamant about keeping offshore.

As I above myself and many colleagues do not believe for one second that the wonderful NPS given to India can be real due to the way people regard them and even spoke about them on the phone.

I think all that has happened is the UK based NPS are either ignored or deleted to give India such a high score because the discrepancy between the both has to be seen to be believed and you know it cannot be real.
Old 26-04-2012, 19:22   #52
DaMac
Inactive

Services: VM 200mb Gamer BB, 1m Motorised Satellite, Netflix 4K, Amazon Prime 4K, VM M TV, Freesat HD.
DaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant future

I've never been asked to rate a UK agent, or retentions person before...? During one complaint call to retentions the woman did state (off the cuff) in response to a comment that i made that a lot of people that get through to her usually have a complaint about India, i swear she said it, then i couldn't draw her on it again after that.
P.S. I cancelled my Amex 15 years ago because they where all Indian call centres and My Home Insurance is with Privalege because they only have UK call centres even though it is more expensive than More Than which only seem to have Indian call centres. Plus we recently moved our current account to The Santander 1 2 3 account and the Personal Banker made a point of saying to us they now only had UK call centers so not to worry we were in good hands.... P.S. I'm not racist, in our beauty salon we employ a girl from India, who is very good at her Job, i've been to her house for tea and she is a lovely girl, but even though she has lived here for 2 years married to an English Indian and speaks good english, she still can't always make herself understood to people, nor them to her.
DaMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2012, 19:29   #53
snowey
Inactive

Services: Virgin media, tv, telephone, cable bb,30mb,mobile, tivo.
snowey is a jewel in the roughsnowey is a jewel in the roughsnowey is a jewel in the roughsnowey is a jewel in the roughsnowey is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risco View Post
Ring back and demand to speak to manager in a UK call centre and tell them you refuse to deal with India. They will put you through to UK. Once there you should be through to the awesome ( Glasgow ) call centre. When there ask them to check the SNR on the NETWORK ( not your modem ). It should be over 20, if it is anything less ( in my case mine was 11.5, which denoted a serious issue ) then they HAVE to fix it. The lower the SNR, the quicker they will fix it.
I agree, they are very good up there, very helpful staff.
snowey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2012, 21:11   #54
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

If i get a rating it goes like this

"engineer was fantastic, but I couldnt understand the agent at the call center. 5/10
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2012, 21:28   #55
Nopanic
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb66 View Post
If i get a rating it goes like this

"engineer was fantastic, but I couldnt understand the agent at the call center. 5/10
Maybe that's the problem,

The Indians might be getting,

"Call centre was terrible, but technician was fantastic 10/10"
Old 27-04-2012, 02:27   #56
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Lol.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2012, 07:43   #57
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Maybe that's the problem,

The Indians might be getting,

"Call centre was terrible, but technician was fantastic 10/10"
Which does not help in the slightest as that can happen as well, they should have separate NPS for technicians and call centres but they go out as one and the customer could give the engineer 10/10but would only give the offshore centre very low scores.

I do not believe that is the only reason for India getting almost perfect scores as above they must be massaged to keep the momentum up for keeping the offshore call centres.

If we sent customers a survey then the majority would say bring call centres back to the UK but that will never happen as the company already knows what kind of result they would get.
Old 27-04-2012, 08:19   #58
Nopanic
Inactive

Quote:
Which does not help in the slightest as that can happen as well, they should have separate NPS for technicians and call centres but they go out as one and the customer could give the engineer 10/10but would only give the offshore centre very low scores.

I do not believe that is the only reason for India getting almost perfect scores as above they must be massaged to keep the momentum up for keeping the offshore call centres.

If we sent customers a survey then the majority would say bring call centres back to the UK but that will never happen as the company already knows what kind of result they would get.
You think upper management need to prove India are doing well to anyone ?

If they save money, jobs done. Look how they shut the dock, customer opinion on that made no difference, even protests and the MP of Liverpool asking them not to, still happened.

---------- Post added at 07:19 ---------- Previous post was at 07:15 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis View Post
another thing I noticed, if I speak to the CEO office or a uk rep I dont get the form.

I 'always' get the form when speaking to an indian rep.
I believe it triggered by a fault call being logged, which CEO probably don't do.
Old 27-04-2012, 09:00   #59
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Quote:
You think upper management need to prove India are doing well to anyone ?

If they save money, jobs done. Look how they shut the dock, customer opinion on that made no difference, even protests and the MP of Liverpool asking them not to, still happened.

---------- Post added at 07:19 ---------- Previous post was at 07:15 ----------

I believe it triggered by a fault call being logged, which CEO probably don't do.
The closure of the Albert Dock call centre was known about since last May and it wasa poorly kept secret and down to cost, India are relatively cheap but in most cases are useless but because of cost the compan blindly carries on, even Santander still struggle over their reputation even though they got rid of India. You get what you pay for and if ou someone who will lie to customers then keep the Indian call centres and they do lie as I have seen the notes and account footsteps.
Old 27-04-2012, 13:11   #60
Nopanic
Inactive

Quote:
The closure of the Albert Dock call centre was known about since last May and it wasa poorly kept secret and down to cost, India are relatively cheap but in most cases are useless but because of cost the compan blindly carries on, even Santander still struggle over their reputation even though they got rid of India. You get what you pay for and if ou someone who will lie to customers then keep the Indian call centres and they do lie as I have seen the notes and account footsteps.
You've missed my point.