Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Rate the last movie you saw

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Film & Cinema

Rate the last movie you saw

Old 23-10-2016, 19:33   #4681
techguyone
Deus Vult

Services: VM M350 with Superhub4 (modem mode) > Anytime Chatter > No TV
techguyone has reached the bronze age
techguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to techguyone
Re: Rate the last movie you saw

New Ghostbusters
1/10
biggest pile of poop i've seen all year.

Wife & daughter agreed, it was dire.
techguyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 25-10-2016, 20:13   #4682
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

The Martian - 9/10

Second viewing. This and Interstellar are brilliant.
Old 25-10-2016, 20:59   #4683
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

it was absolutely superb and the biggest surprise for me last year as far as films go. It had a bit of everything you could want in a film (effects, action, humour etc) but the thing which gave it the edge for me was that the balance they struck with science. I was able to enjoy and be engrossed in the film while thinking about the science behind it all as I was watching it and thinking "would that really be possible".
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2016, 20:12   #4684
ThunderPants73
cf.mega poster

Services: BB & PHONE
ThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond repute

Star Trek Beyond
8/10 Soooo much better than the last effort.
ThunderPants73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2016, 21:40   #4685
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

I am the complete opposite. Into Darkness blew me away.
Old 30-10-2016, 17:57   #4686
Mick Fisher
Inactive

Services: Sky Unlimited FibrePro Sky Talk Sky+HD
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array

Star Trek Beyond 3/10

Just about the worst Star Trek movie I can recall
Mick Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2016, 21:02   #4687
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Lights out 9/10 great little horror for Halloween.
theone2k10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2016, 23:23   #4688
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick Fisher View Post
Star Trek Beyond 3/10

I thought it was the best of the recent Trek movies.
Old 31-10-2016, 00:00   #4689
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
I thought it was the best of the recent Trek movies.
Everyone will have their own. A lot of die hard fans I speak to despite the whole new movie franchise. I've never watched an episode of Star Trek in my life...

Yet I love these movies and now can't wait for the series
Old 11-11-2016, 18:20   #4690
ThunderPants73
cf.mega poster

Services: BB & PHONE
ThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond repute

Jackie Brown, for the umpteenth time.

10/10, the best QT of the lot.
ThunderPants73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 19:49   #4691
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick Fisher View Post
Star Trek Beyond 3/10

Really ?

Maybe you havent seen Nemesis then, that was awful.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 18:14   #4692
Mick Fisher
Inactive

Services: Sky Unlimited FibrePro Sky Talk Sky+HD
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
Really ?

Maybe you havent seen Nemesis then, that was awful.
I was pretty sure I had seen all the Star Trek movies but I don't recall Nemeses as being good or bad so maybe it's one I missed, although the name does ring a bell faintly.

In other news: Check out

Hell or High Water 9/10
Mick Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2016, 21:51   #4693
Anonymouse
RIP Tigger - 11 years?!

Services: EE Superfast Broadband
Anonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appeal
Anonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appeal
Thumbs up Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Arrival, just now - I thought I'd treat myself on my 51st.

An intriguing film; I agree with the reviewers who said it's the best SF movie in ages. That is, if we use SF's proper definition which has nothing to do with space opera (though I do love Star Wars as well - roll on Episode VIII and Rogue One!). The only other SF writer I can think of who makes the point that language both reflects and defines viewpoint is Diane Duane, in her Star Trek novels. In The Wounded Sky, for example, there's a description of Uhura's struggle with a new language and the mindset that comes with it - and the object is not to win but to lose the fight. To really understand a language, you need to think in the language, not simply run through the words in your mind and translate them - that is not understanding.

OOPS. I forgot Samuel Delaney's Babel-17, which (I've just discovered on Wikipedia) influenced Ted Chiang in writing "Story Of Your Life", on which Arrival is based. Babel-17's a difficult read.

All in all, a really good SF film with a twist I really did not see coming (actually there is at least one tiny clue which appears twice, but don't blink or you'll miss it - I saw it but didn't understand it until the twist was revealed). I'd say 9.7/10 and happy birthday to me!

Last edited by Anonymouse; 15-11-2016 at 21:56.
Anonymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2016, 22:40   #4694
General Maximus
Ran Away

Happy Bday, I went to see it last Thursday on my bday as well I agree that it is an excellent. Some might say it is long and drawn out but I for me I class it is a proper scifi film which makes you think instead of you just sitting there waiting for the big space explosions.
Old 20-11-2016, 11:35   #4695
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Doctor Strange 9/10.