Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | London Mayor election 2012

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

The Suns poor taste headline regarding Roy Hodgson

Old 03-05-2012, 16:42   #1
telegramsam
telegramsam

Services: Sky Q,Multiscreen, Sky phone line, Sky broadband,Free view.
telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future
The Suns poor taste headline regarding Roy Hodgson

Like many others I was digusted when I saw the headline in the sun the other day mocking Roy Hodgson`s speech impediment. This rag seems to stoop lower and lower every day. Amazingly rather than apologise when they see all the anger they get Johnathan Ross to defend them saying we should `lighten` up! I hope there`s a massive boycot of the rag now. Hit them where it hurts,in their pockets. There are far better newspapers to buy like the Daily Mirror.
telegramsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 03-05-2012, 16:48   #2
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: The Suns poor taste headline regarding Roy Hodgson

Quote:
Originally Posted by telegramsam View Post
Like many others I was digusted when I saw the headline in the sun the other day mocking Roy Hodgson`s speech impediment. This rag seems to stoop lower and lower every day. Amazingly rather than apologise when they see all the anger they get Johnathan Ross to defend them saying we should `lighten` up! I hope there`s a massive boycot of the rag now. Hit them where it hurts,in their pockets. There are far better newspapers to buy like the Daily Mirror.
What else can you expect from one of Murdoch's sleazebag papers.
Old 03-05-2012, 17:24   #3
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
There are far better newspapers to buy like the Daily Mirror.
Yeah, the paper that wanted so badly to believe that British troops were engaged in war crimes in Iraq that it pounced on the first set of photos that emerged without bothering to ... well, even look at them, apparently, so obviously staged as they were.

British gutter journalism is what it is, and those that produce it move fluidly from paper to paper throughout their careers. Don't make the mistake of believing there's any difference between any of them.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 17:50   #4
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Well i feel fine about it all thanks to someone like Johnathon Ross to tell us all how we should lighten up and that Roy Hodgson has big enough shoulders to take it all in his stride ,and as may be but i'm sure Roy Hodgson can answer for himself if he is bothered about it
Old 03-05-2012, 18:09   #5
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Everything about you post was fine till i saw that you think the mirror is good. The mirror only gets good sales because no one in liverpool buys the sun.

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 18:45   #6
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

Why what is wrong with the Mirror as I look at it everyday to get ready. Also read it as well?

PS I do not live in Liverpool but just outside of the area of the hillsborough disaster
devilincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 19:09   #7
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilincarnate View Post
Why what is wrong with the Mirror as I look at it everyday to get ready. Also read it as well?

PS I do not live in Liverpool but just outside of the area of the hillsborough disaster
Being an ex squaddie i have reasons for hating the mirror with a vengeance. They stick the knife in to the military every chance they get.

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 21:42   #8
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Since when has not pronouncing your 'R's as what people consider correctly been a speech impediment?

I have no problem in understanding Roy Hodgson, or other people that pronounce their 'R's differently.

I don't see how it impedes their speech, Christ I grew up with a Scouse accent..... Nuff said.
Old 03-05-2012, 21:59   #9
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Yeah, the paper that wanted so badly to believe that British troops were engaged in war crimes in Iraq that it pounced on the first set of photos that emerged without bothering to ... well, even look at them, apparently, so obviously staged as they were.

British gutter journalism is what it is, and those that produce it move fluidly from paper to paper throughout their careers. Don't make the mistake of believing there's any difference between any of them.
Yes, Pity Piers Morgan hasn't paid the price for that.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 22:51   #10
Cobbydaler
cf.mega poster

Services: ClearFibre Internet, Vodafone mobile Google Pixel 4
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilincarnate View Post

The Mirror is one of the most politically biased papers in the country. It's a joke when it comes to accurate reporting...
Cobbydaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 23:14   #11
jempalmer

Services: 500gb Tivo & V+. TV XL, 60MB BB, M Phone.

Anyone still interested in the title of this thread? "The Sun's poor taste headline regarding Roy Hodgson"
Old 03-05-2012, 23:18   #12
Cobbydaler
cf.mega poster

Services: ClearFibre Internet, Vodafone mobile Google Pixel 4
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by jempalmer View Post
Anyone still interested in the title of this thread? "The Sun's poor taste headline regarding Roy Hodgson"
Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
What else can you expect from one of Murdoch's sleazebag papers.
I think the second poster said it all, hence the divergence...
Cobbydaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 23:25   #13
jempalmer

Services: 500gb Tivo & V+. TV XL, 60MB BB, M Phone.

I'm sure a Mod will come to the rescue
Old 03-05-2012, 23:43   #14
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

i didnt even know he had a speech problem or accent or whatever. this is just plain embarrassing, their cued to destroy the man. i really hope he doesnt deploy static tactics and at the very least gets the squad playing decent stuff.. atleast then the people will see through the papers attempts to stick the knife in.
thenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 23:44   #15
AdamD
cf.mega poster

Services: VM 50Mb
AdamD has reached the bronze age
AdamD has reached the bronze ageAdamD has reached the bronze ageAdamD has reached the bronze ageAdamD has reached the bronze age

Not sure what's worse, that a gutter trash paper like the sun/mirror exist in the first place or that millions of people in the UK, actually buy and read it.
AdamD is offline   Reply With Quote