Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Rate the last movie you saw

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Film & Cinema

Rate the last movie you saw

Old 29-08-2017, 23:44   #4906
Stephen
Four leaf clover
Cable Forum Team

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Same as you mate. Just out of a showing. It looked amazing and thanks to practical effects still looks great.

There was a trailer for the rerelease of Close Encounters due next month too.

Aliens was out last year with the first one I think. Cineworld used to due showings of classic films a lot. Got to see Blues Brothers and Ghostbusters a few years back.
Advertisement
Old 29-08-2017, 23:53   #4907
General Maximus
C/O Felix Legion

Services: phone + L TV + 200mbit BB + Sky+HD
General Maximus has a bronze arrayGeneral Maximus has a bronze arrayGeneral Maximus has a bronze array
General Maximus has a bronze arrayGeneral Maximus has a bronze arrayGeneral Maximus has a bronze arrayGeneral Maximus has a bronze arrayGeneral Maximus has a bronze arrayGeneral Maximus has a bronze arrayGeneral Maximus has a bronze arrayGeneral Maximus has a bronze arrayGeneral Maximus has a bronze arrayGeneral Maximus has a bronze array

Interesting, i didnt see Aliens advertised last year and there defo wasnt a trailer for Close Encounters this evening. I'll check the advanced dates tomorrow because i am in bed now
Old 30-08-2017, 00:21   #4908
Stephen
Four leaf clover
Cable Forum Team

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

We got trailers for that and Blade Runner 2.

The James Cameron intro got a round of applause in the showing and one at the end.

Apparently Cameron made one small edit for a continuity error that's bugged him since the film got released. Was near the start but notf sure what it was.

Edit: The truck chase scene, they fixed the windshield as it falls out and then reappears but they digitally added it back and removed the smashed bit.

Last edited by Stephen; 30-08-2017 at 09:27.
Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 22:00   #4909
Qtx
Masked Marauder

Services: Sky Fibre Unlimited 40/10
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal

Rememory. Average movie which will not win any awards but ok to pass the time if you can look past it's flaws.
Qtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 06:21   #4910
denphone
Still alive and happy

Services: XL BB, 2 V6 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver bling
denphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
Interesting, i didnt see Aliens advertised last year and there defo wasnt a trailer for Close Encounters this evening. I'll check the advanced dates tomorrow because i am in bed now
Aliens was very good but you still cannot beat the wonderful tense first film though.
Old 11-09-2017, 14:48   #4911
doreen12
cf.member

doreen12 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtx View Post
Rememory. Average movie which will not win any awards but ok to pass the time if you can look past it's flaws.
Agree! I cannot say that I was focused the whole movie but to watch it once is ok
doreen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2017, 15:48   #4912
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Transformers: The Last Knight - 2/10

Probably, well certainly the right time for Michael Bay to step away from this, besides pleasing Chinese audiences and raking in the money I can't find the purpose of this movie, it's horrible. Can we have a Christopher Nolan Transformers now.

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead men tell no tales - 7/10

I mean they're not as good as the original trilogy but they're still a welcome addition to the franchise and more than watchable. They've deliberately left it open to a re-visiting of Davy Jones and the events of At worlds end.
Old 18-09-2017, 11:50   #4913
doreen12
cf.member

doreen12 is an unknown quantity at this point

Super 8 5/10
doreen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2017, 04:09   #4914
General Maximus
C/O Felix Legion

General Maximus has a bronze arrayGeneral Maximus has a bronze arrayGeneral Maximus has a bronze array
General Maximus has a bronze arrayGeneral Maximus has a bronze arrayGeneral Maximus has a bronze arrayGeneral Maximus has a bronze arrayGeneral Maximus has a bronze arrayGeneral Maximus has a bronze arrayGeneral Maximus has a bronze arrayGeneral Maximus has a bronze arrayGeneral Maximus has a bronze arrayGeneral Maximus has a bronze array

Kingsmen: The Golden Circle - 6.5/10

Good, action packed and funny but lacked the edge the first one had. It is one of those films which you can watch on a Sunday afternoon without having to pay too much attention.
Old 21-09-2017, 03:39   #4915
Paul M
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM Phone : Tivo Multiroom : VM Cable (200 Mbps) : Sky BB (38 Mbps)
Paul M has a pair of shiny starsPaul M has a pair of shiny starsPaul M has a pair of shiny starsPaul M has a pair of shiny starsPaul M has a pair of shiny starsPaul M has a pair of shiny stars
Paul M has a pair of shiny starsPaul M has a pair of shiny starsPaul M has a pair of shiny starsPaul M has a pair of shiny starsPaul M has a pair of shiny starsPaul M has a pair of shiny starsPaul M has a pair of shiny starsPaul M has a pair of shiny starsPaul M has a pair of shiny starsPaul M has a pair of shiny starsPaul M has a pair of shiny starsPaul M has a pair of shiny starsPaul M has a pair of shiny starsPaul M has a pair of shiny stars

Kingsman: The Secret Service 8/10.

Truely not what I expected, but really good film, looking forward to part 2 now, next week.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 17:53   #4916
General Maximus
C/O Felix Legion

Blade Runner 2049: 9/10

A very solid and pure scifi film. Being unbias and putting "Blade Runner" aside, I think it is the best sequel I have ever seen which seamlessly continues the story perfectly (John Wick 2 comes to mind) and quite geniusly uses current special effects but still keeps the technology retro/in tone to the first movie and only making minor technological advancements. Even though there is a massive time jump between the production of the films it doesn't feel like it when you watch it. The story is excellent and as I have said many a time before, isn't a far stretch from what I am sure we will face in the future when faced with the rights of AI/androids/cyborgs etc.

I have never been a huge fan of Blade Runner or bought into the cult fandom but I really enjoyed the sequel. When you go to see it make sure you put 4 hours into the car park, I didn't realise how long the film was.

Spoiler: 
Oh and in case you are wondering, I would definitely have the holographic gf
Old 09-10-2017, 05:42   #4917
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Dude111 is a pillar of societyDude111 is a pillar of societyDude111 is a pillar of societyDude111 is a pillar of societyDude111 is a pillar of societyDude111 is a pillar of societyDude111 is a pillar of societyDude111 is a pillar of societyDude111 is a pillar of societyDude111 is a pillar of societyDude111 is a pillar of societyDude111 is a pillar of societyDude111 is a pillar of societyDude111 is a pillar of societyDude111 is a pillar of societyDude111 is a pillar of societyDude111 is a pillar of societyDude111 is a pillar of societyDude111 is a pillar of society
I last watched THE TOY (1982) on VHS

Excellent movie!!!
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2017, 17:19   #4918
General Maximus
C/O Felix Legion

Geostorm: 4/10

I don't know what to say about this other than it annoyed me. The action and special effects were very good but the script and story was rubbish and on par with an above average B movie. It is the kind of thing I feel like I would come up with if it was my first movie thinking I was doing a really good job but when you watch it back it is just cack. People do things (like secret service agents) that you know they just wouldn't do.

I can sum this up by saying it isn't even a Sunday afternoon film. It is the Sunday afternoon film you watch to pass time and at the end of it say "I am glad we didn't go to the cinema to watch that". I have been trying to think what I can equate it to and the closest thing I can come up with is White House Down.
Old 24-10-2017, 17:39   #4919
Stephen
Four leaf clover
Cable Forum Team

I wasnt expecting it to have a good sceipt or acting. Its a typical disaster movie desroy the earth film so just take it as is. Lots of cgi and action.
Old 24-10-2017, 17:48   #4920
Hugh
Hic Sunt Dracones
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Thor:Ragnarok - really enjoyable, very funny, and lots of action - probably in my top 5 Marvel movies.

If my post is in bold, it's a moderating decision - if not, it's not.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote