Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Fax connection to Broadband Help

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > General IT Discussion

xpsp2..

Old 21-03-2004, 14:38   #1
darkangel
Inactive

darkangel is a jewel in the roughdarkangel is a jewel in the roughdarkangel is a jewel in the roughdarkangel is a jewel in the roughdarkangel is a jewel in the rough
xpsp2..

just notice xpsp2 on file mirrors this still beta i take it?
http://www.filemirrors.com/search.sr...size=272826088
darkangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 21-03-2004, 14:39   #2
Paul K
Inactive

Services: Sky HD + 16Mb ADSL BT Telephone
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars
Re: xpsp2..

Yep its still in Beta so use at your own risk
Paul K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2004, 14:43   #3
paulyoung666
Permanently Banned

paulyoung666 has a nice shiny star
paulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul

more like dont you use it full stop
paulyoung666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2004, 14:44   #4
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

Services: Sky multiroom (Sky Q) Sky Fibre Unlimited Sky Landline
MadGamer has a nice shiny star
MadGamer has a nice shiny starMadGamer has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul
Ohhhh like that "Use at your own risk". Nice one Paul.
MadGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2004, 15:04   #5
Paul K
Inactive

Services: Sky HD + 16Mb ADSL BT Telephone
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars

People will always use Betas LOL I know I used to grab betas and install them as they were released. Learnt my lesson the hard way so now I always leave it to the individuals to decide if they want to take the risk of de-stabilising their PCs and potentially losing any data they haven't backed up.
Paul K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2004, 15:33   #6
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

I am on the beta test program for SP2. Microsoft released "Release Candidate 1" a couple of days ago, so the final version will probably be ready in about 1 or 1.5 months (my estimate based on past experience, not actually based on released dates).

I personally haven't found any problems with SP2, but it does make some major changes to the system, so I would not advise installing a beta unless you are willing to spend time repairing your system. The only problem I did find is that my Phone software (software supplied with P800) would not connect to my phone using the early betas. This seems to have been fixed now.

There are nice features though, such as pop up blocking in IE, Automatic Updates being on by default, and a new Security Advisor which checks you have Auto Update (might be wrong about this, I am not at home to check) turned on, have a firewall & antivirus software running. If you don't, you get nagged.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2004, 16:11   #7
deadite66
cf.geek

Services: Zen Fibre, Asus RT-AC68U
deadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these partsdeadite66 is just so famous around these parts

does SP2 include proper bluetooth support scastle?
deadite66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2004, 16:24   #8
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

It does support Bluetooth. I couldn't tell you how well it works though, as I have my bluetooth adaptor at work. Could never get it working on my PC at home..
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2004, 17:21   #9
dragon
Inactive

dragon has reached the bronze age
dragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze age

yes the bluetooth support works cus it was the reason i installed an sp2 beta in the first place my mate lent me a bluetooth adaptor but couldnt find the install cd
dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2004, 17:50   #10
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

Services: Sky multiroom (Sky Q) Sky Fibre Unlimited Sky Landline
MadGamer has a nice shiny star
MadGamer has a nice shiny starMadGamer has a nice shiny star

Do we know the actual release date yet?
MadGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2004, 17:52   #11
Steve H
Inactive

Services: Freeview, 512k Pipex.
Steve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of QuadsSteve H has a fine set of Quads
Send a message via ICQ to Steve H Send a message via MSN to Steve H Send a message via Yahoo to Steve H

Quote:
Originally Posted by WNA
Do we know the actual release date yet?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scastle
...so the final version will probably be ready in about 1 or 1.5 months ...
Steve H is offline   Reply With Quote