Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | well impressed with service

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion

Virgin Media aims to create 1,000 jobs in Swansea by 2014

Old 25-07-2012, 13:28   #1
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
Virgin Media aims to create 1,000 jobs in Swansea by 2014

Quote:
Earlier this year the firm announced its intention to create a centre of excellence for customer service and technical support in the city. It has now officially launched the centre, which currently employs more than 700 people.

The office has the capacity to seat around 1,200 workers and Virgin Media is hoping to reach full capacity over the next two years.
Does this mean that VM are reducing the size of their overseas call centres?
Old 25-07-2012, 19:07   #2
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: Virgin Media aims to create 1,000 jobs in Swansea by 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by joglynne View Post
Lets hope so joglynne.
Old 25-07-2012, 19:13   #3
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:

We can only hope.

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2012, 20:02   #4
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

Damniyt... I've only just got used to the Indian accent... now I have to learn to understand Swansea Jack.
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2012, 14:53   #5
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
Damniyt... I've only just got used to the Indian accent... now I have to learn to understand Swansea Jack.
That is too much to bear.Swansea v India its a hard call - for a Kardiff boy
Old 28-07-2012, 23:19   #6
GhostMjr
cf.member

GhostMjr is an unknown quantity at this point

Majority of Level 2 support is based in Swansea from what level 2 techies have told me over the phone.
GhostMjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2012, 23:32   #7
Helix
cf.addict

Services: Full House Bundle with Tivo V6
Helix is just really niceHelix is just really niceHelix is just really niceHelix is just really niceHelix is just really niceHelix is just really nice

The hold times are so bad at the moment, that they probably can't afford to reduce the overseas call centres. 40mins on hold to get hold of technical support has become the norm, won't be long until we are back to the NTL days of 1.5hr hold times.
Helix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2012, 23:40   #8
LondonRoad
Inactive

Services: 30mb BB, XL TV, V+, TiVo, talk unlimited.
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star

Virgin in Swansea. Three words I never expected to see in the same sentence

What's the chances of 3 wise men turning up?
LondonRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2012, 00:12   #9
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostMjr View Post
Majority of Level 2 support is based in Swansea from what level 2 techies have told me over the phone.
All level 2 used to be based in Liverpool until they made 435 people redundant earlier this year and if you read the responses on the community forum from the Swansea you will realise that all the knowledge went with that closure, some of the responses will make your jaw drop.

Most of them got better jobs with substantial increases in salary with a certain rival called TalkTalk in Warrington and Irlam and they never had to move house unlike a few people did who went to Swansea.

---------- Post added at 23:12 ---------- Previous post was at 23:11 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonRoad View Post

What's the chances of 3 wise men turning up?
See the above with regards to 2nd line.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2012, 22:18   #10
Cyni_cal
Inactive

Cyni_cal is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh dear! another accent most customers can't understand, Frying pans
and fires come to mind.
Cyni_cal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2012, 12:36   #11
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyni_cal View Post
and fires come to mind.
I challenge you to back up that outrageous statement with a link to any statistics or polls.
Old 19-08-2012, 13:21   #12
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyni_cal View Post
and fires come to mind.
If you cannot understand a Swansea or Cardiff lilt then the is little help for you.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2012, 13:59   #13
LondonRoad
Inactive

Services: 30mb BB, XL TV, V+, TiVo, talk unlimited.
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star

It may be my celtic ears but I've never had a problem understanding any welsh accent.

The only accent I've ever had real difficulty with is the Aberdeen area. I'm fine in a one to one situation but when 2 or 3 are speaking the Doric to each other I'm lost.
LondonRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2012, 16:47   #14
PaulW2V
cf.member

PaulW2V is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Let's hope so. They're not all bad but there's only so many times you're going to accept that rebooting your equipment or switching it off and back on again is actually going to solve your problem.
PaulW2V is offline   Reply With Quote