Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | After 13 years with Virgin

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

After 13 years with Virgin

Old 07-05-2012, 14:18   #46
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
Re: After 13 years with Virgin

The day I pay more than £100.00 a month for my services is the day I cancel pay TV.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 07-05-2012, 14:31   #47
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
The day I pay more than £100.00 a month for my services is the day I cancel pay TV.
£100 is where I draw the line too.
alwaysabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 14:44   #48
Henkesghost
Sceptic

Henkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronze
Henkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysabear View Post
£100 is where I draw the line too.

I'm £105
Henkesghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 16:48   #49
Superblade7
cf.geek

Services: Sky Q 2TB & Sky Q Mini (Box Sets with Cinema & Sports HD) with VM VIVID 100Mbps Broadband & M Phone
Superblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor View Post
Oooft, thanks for all the replies and advice. I am interested in anyone's view on it, which is why I posted. I have spoken to retentions and their plan was to reduce my services to reduce my monthly bill.

My package:

1 Tivo (which I paid £150 for)
2 V+ boxes
50MB Broadband
Telephone (very bottom package as I don't use the phone)
TV XL
Sky Sports

I don't have Sky Movies. I don't have any Premium HD channels.

Bill comes to £105 per month.
Nor, check out the Premiere Collection (http://store.virginmedia.com/bundles/premiere.html) as this is £58.90 plus Sky Sports at £22.50 plus second additional V+ at £6.50 (I think) = £87.90.

I would imagine they will let you keep your first additional V+ instead of the V HD box that is included in the Premiere Collection so I reckon you could save around £17 a month keeping everything you currently have whilst getting slightly faster BB (60Mb).

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

---------- Post added at 16:48 ---------- Previous post was at 15:10 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Thats good value as l am being charged £117.71 for

Talk Unlimited
1 TB TiVo
500 GB TiVo
V HD box
50MB BB
Sky Movies SD
Sky Sports SD
TV XL
Phone line rental
Den,

Checkout the new VIP Collection (http://store.virginmedia.com/bundles/vip.html) for £103.90 which will give you 100Mb BB and Sky Premium HD channels too. Although you'll have to add £11.50 for the extra TiVo you have but that will still only be £115.40 so should save you a couple of quid a month and get you a bit extra!

Good luck!
Superblade7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 17:14   #50
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superblade7 View Post
Nor, check out the Premiere Collection (http://store.virginmedia.com/bundles/premiere.html) as this is £58.90 plus Sky Sports at £22.50 plus second additional V+ at £6.50 (I think) = £87.90.

I would imagine they will let you keep your first additional V+ instead of the V HD box that is included in the Premiere Collection so I reckon you could save around £17 a month keeping everything you currently have whilst getting slightly faster BB (60Mb).

Den,

Checkout the new VIP Collection (http://store.virginmedia.com/bundles/vip.html) for £103.90 which will give you 100Mb BB and Sky Premium HD channels too. Although you'll have to add £11.50 for the extra TiVo you have but that will still only be £115.40 so should save you a couple of quid a month and get you a bit extra!

Good luck!
So if l phone up SB will l be able to switch to this collection from my current package.
Old 07-05-2012, 19:24   #51
Superblade7
cf.geek

Services: Sky Q 2TB & Sky Q Mini (Box Sets with Cinema & Sports HD) with VM VIVID 100Mbps Broadband & M Phone
Superblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond repute

Should be able to Den and as it's an advertised package you should be able to get it through the normal customer services. If that fails, then try retentions although hopefully you won't need to.
Old 07-05-2012, 19:26   #52
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Should be able to Den and as it's an advertised package you should be able to get it through the normal customer services. If that fails, then try retentions although hopefully you won't need to.
Thanks SB for that and l will phone them up tomorrow.
Old 07-05-2012, 19:45   #53
Superblade7
cf.geek

No worries Den, hope they sort you out.
Old 08-05-2012, 14:25   #54
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:

Den,

Good luck!
Superblade l phoned them up this morning and l asked if l could be switched to the new VIP Collection and after about 10 minutes of waiting for the member to come back from wherever they went they offered me the new VIP package so l am much happier now as l get 100MB broadband plus the Sky HD channels plus a better phone package and thus saving nearly £3 in the process so many thanks for your advice in recommending to me this new package.
Old 08-05-2012, 14:48   #55
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
carlwaring has reached the bronze age
carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age

Nice
carlwaring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 14:56   #56
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Superblade l phoned them up this morning and l asked if l could be switched to the new VIP Collection and after about 10 minutes of waiting for the member to come back from wherever they went they offered me the new VIP package so l am much happier now as l get 100MB broadband plus the Sky HD channels plus a better phone package and thus saving nearly £3 in the process so many thanks for your advice in recommending to me this new package.
enjoy your 100MB bb Den mate vip is great package and you never watch football in SD again after seeing it in HD
Dave42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 15:03   #57
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
enjoy your 100MB bb Den mate vip is great package and you never watch football in SD again after seeing it in HD
He will if it is on SS3 or SS4
devilincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 15:06   #58
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilincarnate View Post
He will if it is on SS3 or SS4
premier league always on SS1 or 2HD they not allowed to alter that of ofcom steps in
Dave42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 15:13   #59
kop32
cf.addict

Services: Sky Q Silver, 2 x mini boxes,VM 150mb broadband and VM phone with anytime calls.
kop32 has reached the bronze age
kop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Nice one Den,enjoy!
kop32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 15:25   #60
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Thanks everyone.