Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Samsung Galaxy S3

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Science & Technology

Samsung Galaxy S3

Old 29-05-2012, 23:16   #61
cookie_365
Inactive

cookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronze
cookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronze
Re: Samsung Galaxy S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstokes View Post
No, Samsung have a delay in one particular colour of the S3.

I usually support the BBC but there's one key area where its journalism is dismal: the way it parrots everything that Apple says while bashing their competitors at every opportunity.
cookie_365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 29-05-2012, 23:44   #62
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie_365 View Post
No, Samsung have a delay in one particular colour of the S3.

I usually support the BBC but there's one key area where its journalism is dismal: the way it parrots everything that Apple says while bashing their competitors at every opportunity.
The headline is fine. "Samsung Galaxy S3 faces shipping delays for some models". That is completely accurate and isn't misleading in the slightest. Some models of the Galaxy S3, the blue versions and the 32gig version, are delayed. Think it's a case of being a bit oversensitive of the Apple vs Android issue here.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2012, 00:15   #63
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star

Jeez the S3 is huge, I sometimes wished my HTC Sensation was a tad smaller but I'm just about getting used to its size now. But the S3 is way to big to carry around for me to even consider one. They'll be iPad sized phones sooner or later at this rate.

Nice bit of kit though if the battery power can handle it.
Old 30-05-2012, 00:18   #64
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

It's perfectly easy to carry around.

What's hard is actually using it with one hand.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2012, 01:05   #65
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut View Post
Jeez the S3 is huge, I sometimes wished my HTC Sensation was a tad smaller but I'm just about getting used to its size now. But the S3 is way to big to carry around for me to even consider one. They'll be iPad sized phones sooner or later at this rate.

Nice bit of kit though if the battery power can handle it.
It's really not that big at all.
Old 30-05-2012, 07:42   #66
broadbandking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media V6 XL TV - 1Gb Broadband
broadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze array
broadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze array

Its not that much bigger than the SSG2 and I can use that with ease with on hand
Old 30-05-2012, 10:20   #67
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Anyone that ordered a blue one from O2 have you received tem? I aks as i have rang 2 different stores near me and they both say they dont have them, and only have the white ones. 1 store says they wont have the for a few days and the other store says they have been told they are not getting them in at all.

---------- Post added at 09:20 ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 ----------

Another link about the Pebble Blue delay. Seems its a world wide delay

http://www.reghardware.com/2012/05/2...le_blue_delay/
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2012, 10:40   #68
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

What is it with people reposting what I've already said?

Yes there's a delay. All blues are delayed indefinitely. I already quoted that article yesterday.
Old 30-05-2012, 10:47   #69
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Calm down mate its just a question. Had a phone call from O2 just a in ago they do confirm that its the blue models. The delay is with all networks they say. The have very limited number of white ones as well but they are for the people that reserved the white one. Looks like my reservation will still be on list for a bit longer. Looks like samsung really did underestermate the demand for the phone
Old 30-05-2012, 12:29   #70
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

Well they say at full capacity (without any cockups) their manufacturing can produce 5 million a month, and they exceeded 9 million pre-orders halfway between announcement and GA (so presumably about 20 million pre-orders by the time it was actually supposed to be available).
Old 30-05-2012, 12:37   #71
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by qasdfdsaq View Post
Well they say at full capacity (without any cockups) their manufacturing can produce 5 million a month, and they exceeded 9 million pre-orders halfway between announcement and GA (so presumably about 20 million pre-orders by the time it was actually supposed to be available).
The 9 million pre-orders was a case of total handsets requested by phone networks, not direct pre-orders. Therefore it's likely that 9 million was the expected level of demand for the phone including both pre-orders and buyers.
Old 30-05-2012, 12:50   #72
nstokes
Inactive

Do you think Apple and Samsung do it on purpose? I mean for a markerting reasons to try and show it has massive demand so more people want the phone?
Old 30-05-2012, 13:25   #73
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstokes View Post
Do you think Apple and Samsung do it on purpose? I mean for a markerting reasons to try and show it has massive demand so more people want the phone?
Which part? I think both may slightly under stock to show demand. I think it differs from company to company how they label pre-orders.
Old 30-05-2012, 13:29   #74
nstokes
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Which part? I think both may slightly under stock to show demand. I think it differs from company to company how they label pre-orders.
Both parts. I reckon they do as a marketing thing
Old 30-05-2012, 17:42   #75
andrew.shearman
Inactive

andrew.shearman is an unknown quantity at this point
samsung galaxy S 3

I know virgin don't do the iphone I would love the iphon 4 S the samsung galaxy S 3 is the closest to it do virgin do it ?
andrew.shearman is offline   Reply With Quote