Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | technika tv code for virgin remote please

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

TVGUIDE.CO.UK iPhone App

Old 23-12-2011, 01:02   #1
toady
cf.geek

Services: A mix of XXL and XL
toady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud of
TVGUIDE.CO.UK iPhone App

Haven't seen this posted

They have updated the app today and it can now remote record to the TIVO as in addition to Sky

I have to say I prefer this app over the offical VirginMedia one, scrolling through the channels is a lot easier for me, and it gives me more details on programmes

http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/tvgui...317212648?mt=8
toady is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 23-12-2011, 01:03   #2
Jameseh

Re: TVGUIDE.CO.UK iPhone App

Why would you want to give your VM details away to them?
Old 23-12-2011, 01:20   #3
paultrademark
Inactive

Services: 70MB BB
paultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful one

yeah i wouldnt login with your account details
paultrademark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2011, 02:48   #4
andrewstevenson

I asked customer relations they said they are outsourcing it to tv guide app and it future the app will focus on other things
Old 23-12-2011, 03:16   #5
Jameseh

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewstevenson View Post
I asked customer relations they said they are outsourcing it to tv guide app and it future the app will focus on other things
A TV Guide app will focus on things other than a TV Guide?
Old 23-12-2011, 08:37   #6
zantarous
www.magicorptech.blogspot

Services: V.I.P
zantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful one

People have been using them for remote record for Sky for ages I wouldn't worry about logging in.
zantarous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2011, 10:40   #7
mhatter67

Services: Big Kahuna, Phone XL, Boxnation

Quote:
Originally Posted by toady View Post
Haven't seen this posted

They have updated the app today and it can now remote record to the TIVO as in addition to Sky

I have to say I prefer this app over the offical VirginMedia one, scrolling through the channels is a lot easier for me, and it gives me more details on programmes

http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/tvgui...317212648?mt=8
Great spot, I had forgotten about this app on my iPod it is much more stable than the official VM app!
Old 23-12-2011, 18:55   #8
howardmicks
Inactive

Services: VIP.152b/b,2xTivos,Vm mobile+ipad 4th gen,BT Sports.sky2tbHD,sky3d+ extra+Sports+Movies HD(Murdoch's
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal

I have noticed the android app of that.does it work okay
howardmicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2011, 19:04   #9
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardmicks View Post
I have noticed the android app of that.does it work okay
It seems to, but you appear to need more notice for a remote record that with the official app. That might just be peculiar to the programs I've used to test it with.
andy_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2011, 19:26   #10
howardmicks
Inactive

Services: VIP.152b/b,2xTivos,Vm mobile+ipad 4th gen,BT Sports.sky2tbHD,sky3d+ extra+Sports+Movies HD(Murdoch's
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_m View Post
It seems to, but you appear to need more notice for a remote record that with the official app. That might just be peculiar to the programs I've used to test it with.
Thanks tried it a hour later still awating for it to show up on my tivo,shame it a lot easier to use than vm's
howardmicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2011, 16:04   #11
andrewstevenson

Yeah because they are focusing more on using it to delete recordings planned recording and more like in future viewing recordings but it will still have a guide but they claim tv guide do a better Job you will have both

---------- Post added at 04:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:03 PM ----------

Make sure correct region is set as this causes most remote failures
Old 29-12-2011, 18:50   #12
zantarous

zantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful one

It would be nice that if you picked which provider you are with it would then set the channels in the correct order. I went and added a load of missing channels and then found them just lumbered at the bottom of the list.
Old 29-12-2011, 21:25   #13
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by zantarous View Post
It would be nice that if you picked which provider you are with it would then set the channels in the correct order. I went and added a load of missing channels and then found them just lumbered at the bottom of the list.
You can manually sort the channels.

On the grid view, click on the "cog" in the top left corner of the screen, then click "Sort Channels" and you can drag and drop the channels into the right places.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2011, 22:45   #14
zantarous

I know that but that just takes ages especially seeing as the default list has lots of channels missing.
Old 30-12-2011, 02:08   #15
Jameseh

There is a Virgin specific TVGuide.co.uk app if you use iOS which I gather your not so that's not very helpful...