Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Mystery Reboot Problem

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > General IT Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Mystery Reboot Problem

Old 20-12-2006, 12:18   #16
zing_deleted

Re: Mystery Reboot Problem

click on the microsoft link in the error report or change the settings how i stated in post 2 this will give us a more workable error code. Download memtest and boot from the cd to test the ram if that passes run prime95 you could try everest to check temps

everest

memtest

prime

to the forum
Advertisement
Old 20-12-2006, 20:22   #17
Grayflyer
Inactive

Grayflyer is an unknown quantity at this point

@zinglebarb

Thanx for the help m8, I have carried out all of your advice in your earlier post except... 'everest' (temp test) can't find anything to download for this!
* Mem test from CD ran 3 Passed Test
* Prime ran for over 1 Hour without a fail
* Set machine not to restart so i can get the Blue screen message, but as yet it ain't gorn pear shaped, when it goes down i shall post the message
Once again thanx for the help
Regards Gray
Grayflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2006, 20:27   #18
zing_deleted

sorry must have been a bad link http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=4181

I would now say its a rogue driver or software conflict though
Old 21-12-2006, 19:09   #19
Grayflyer
Inactive

@zinglebarb
Thanx again, now have everest and updating the required drivers...will post how i get on
Old 25-12-2006, 17:10   #20
Grayflyer
Inactive

The Blue Screen returns....Agggghhhh!!!!!

A Problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage
PAGE_FAULT_ IN _NONPAGED AREA.If this is the first time you,ve seen this Stop error screen (Aggghh!!!Wish it was)
Restart your computer.If the screen appears again, follow these steps (Again!!!)
Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new installation, ask your manufacturer for any windows updates you might need!
If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memorey options such as caching or shadowing. If need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, Press F8 to select advanced start up option, then select safe mode

Technical information
*** STOP: 0X00000050 (0XFFFFFFFE, 0X00000000, 0X8054A832, 0X00000000)Begining Dump of physical memory.
Physical memory dump completed
contact your system administractor or technical support group for further assistance.

Does this mean something at fault with the BIOS?

Regards Gray (and merry xmas to all)
Old 25-12-2006, 17:23   #21
nffc
cf.mega poster

Services: Freeview, Sky+, 100 Mb/s VM BB, mega i7 PC, iPhone 13, Macbook Air
nffc has a nice shiny star
nffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny star

Not strictly.

Requested data was not in memory. An invalid system memory address was referenced. Defective memory (including main memory, L2 RAM cache, video RAM) or incompatible software (including remote control and antivirus software) might cause this Stop message, as may other hardware problems (e.g., incorrect SCSI termination or a flawed PCI card).

Try the memory tests again - you might want to open up the badboy tower and reseat PCI cards, RAM, etc.

If you don't get any failed tests from chkdsk / Prime / Memtest as before, then I'd suggest software. This message doesn't directly lead to a specific cause for the problems, so it's just a case of eliminating things.

nffc is offline   Reply With Quote